Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 3:48am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anti depressants »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anti depressants
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anti depressants  (Read 2499 times)
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: Anti depressants
« Reply #25 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 3:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is absoluetly f-ing crazy.

Is there a full moon out?  

If there was a REAL question here regarding anti-depressants,  it has been disregarded because of your insults.   Good Grief and how sad.

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #26 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 4:09pm »

OK everybody. STOP, while I get a Coke and popcorn.

This should be good.
Can't wait to see what the smart-mouthed sissy is going to say next.

Hey vaughan, you're turn.

IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #27 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 4:13pm »

excuse me for barging in here and sounding like the daft scottish person i am!!!

but is this site for supporting people with CH and their supporters, or is it just for bitching???

sorry if that sounds like a stupid question?

mrs mac xxx
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #28 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 4:26pm »

mrs mac, that is not a stupid question and I doubt you are daft. This is a place for support. Bitchin' is acceptable but should really be over on the General post area.  
Unfortunatly there are people that come here and want everyone to take their advice and then get mad because they are questioned.  
vaughn is one of those. Her only purpose in life is to be miserable and make others the same.
IP Logged

mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #29 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 4:30pm »

on Feb 5th, 2006, 4:26pm, BobG wrote:

vaughn is one of those. Her only purpose in life is to be miserable and make others the same.

why listen to her then, why not just ignore her???

but thank you bob, appreciated your reply  

mrs mac xxxx
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 4:52pm »

good question, Mrs. Mac.

The reason we cannot just listen and NOT reply is because people like that can confuse newcomers here who are hurting and have not maybe had a diagnosis yet.

In their pain they can be;lieve anything.   It IS up to us who have been there/done that to at the very least...steer them in the right direction.  Not the wrong one.

I do appreciate your question however.

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #31 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 4:55pm »

can understand that as well Linda, but can these people not just have their posts removed?

that would save a lot of the bitching and arguing, that seems un necessary at times??

only my opinion though!!

with respect

mrs mac xx
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 5:01pm »

on Feb 5th, 2006, 2:31pm, vaughan wrote:
 Get a haircut, you look ridiculous.

I told you many times, Mom....its not going to happen Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #33 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 5:01pm »

Yes, the posts can be removed by the webmaster DJ. The person that made the post can also remove it.

We are very lucky to have DJ running this place. He is very forgiving in what may be posted on his site. Also he cannot be here every minute to police every message.

modified to say:
Ooops, sorry to answer the question that was asked of Linda. Sorry Linda.
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2006, 5:02pm by BobG » IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 5:01pm »

Quote:
but can these people not just have their posts removed?  

Yes.  But only DJ can do that.

And he only does that in extreme cases.

And only when he deems it necessary because someone has REALLY re-defined the words, "Tasteless, crass, troll and you don't need to be here not a very nice person"

Linda
IP Logged

mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #35 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 5:07pm »

thanks Linda and Bob Grin

well i just hope that these people that post these stupid things that can mislead people get the real help that they deserve!!!

i am also glad that you guys are around to make sure that no one receives info that may cause them harm!!

cheers

mrs mac Kiss Kiss
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #36 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 5:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Uh Bob?

I know it sounds like a whiney little Brittany Spears is posting but Vaugh is actually a male.  

I know.

I figured a 14 year old girl to.

IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #37 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 5:10pm »

on Feb 5th, 2006, 2:31pm, vaughan wrote:
and by the way your posts on this thread have said absolutely nothing to help ch sufferers. I really thought that this site was dedicated to that alone.

I guess wishing people dead is your idea of support....What a putz!!!!....LOL Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #38 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 5:18pm »

on Feb 5th, 2006, 5:08pm, chewy wrote:
Uh Bob?

I know it sounds like a whiney little Brittany Spears is posting but Vaugh is actually a male.  

Oops, my mistake. My apologizes to  

the ladies on this board.

I wonder if his mother knows he’s playing with the computer again. Or, is she still down at the bar?
IP Logged

chewy

Email

« Reply #39 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 5:21pm »

Quote:
Or, is she still down at the bar?  

ROFLMMFAO!

He just wandered away from the "We Love Pee Wee Herman" chat site.
IP Logged
pfunk

Email

« Reply #40 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 1:30am »

Is there any way that we can get this Vaughan pareson baned from the sight?  Obviously, he has nothing good or helpful to say at this point and I'm tired of listening to him insult every person who have offered me so much hep to this point.  There is no need to wiish death on any one.  That is definitely not what this site is designed for.  I mean seriously, don't tell me we haven't all tought about it at one time or another. but we are here because we want stay alive.. So if you can't remain positve and stopinsulting everyone for some constrctive criticism, Vaughan, get lost dude.  We really don't need that kind of negative energy floating around am message board that needs positive to keep it going. See ya.

Pfunk Angry
IP Logged
vaughan
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #41 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 2:02am »

Listen good moron. I posted a constructive thread right?
All I get back is negative ramblings. I have not had a ch for 9 months,thats right 9 months!! This is the longest period ever for me. What a shame that septic tanks are legends in their own little minds.
IP Logged
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #42 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 3:13am »

on Feb 6th, 2006, 2:02am, vaughan wrote:
Listen good moron. I posted a constructive thread right?
All I get back is negative ramblings. I have not had a ch for 9 months,thats right 9 months!! This is the longest period ever for me. What a shame that septic tanks are legends in their own little minds.

>Listen good moron. I posted a constructive thread right?

No, you posted a thread claiming that Lexapro is effectve in the treatment of CH. It's not.  

>All I get back is negative ramblings.  

As deserved. Offering bad advice to clusterheads on this board is a very serious offense.

>I have not had a ch for 9 months,thats right 9 months!!  
>This is the longest period ever for me.

Congrats for being out of cycle. It has nothing to do with your SSRI.

>What a shame that septic tanks are legends in their own little minds.

What a pity that you actually wrote that.

BB
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #43 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 4:07am »

You called me a pom and the americans "septics" which for those of you who don't know is rhyming slang for Yank. How constructive.

You received two civil replies from fellow ch'ers which *shock, horror* didn't say what you wanted them to say. It was you who went on the offensive, no one else.

We have a responsibility to everyone else who reads this site, those who register and those who don't to make sure we don't give them bad advice.

This is a desperate condition and we understand that more than anyone, there isn't one of us here who hasn't felt like ending it all and there isn't one of us who doesn't know someone who has tried.

I for one will not exacerbate that possibility by indulging fantasies about anything from anti depressants to rubbing vinegar on your chest. Neither will any of the rest of the family here.  

We ARE open to new idea's and suggestions but when someone suggests something which we know from many hundreds of other peoples experience is not effective we will say so.

Now I would strongly suggest you wind your neck in and start again. However, based on previous experience of interaction with you, I sincerely doubt you will heed this.

Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #44 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 11:39am »

Linda is correct. There is an important question here: If you explore Dr. Robbins' site, you will find him reporting that SSRIs work occasionally for cluster (with the implicaton that you might want to try it after all the other, more effective meds, have been tried.)
----- www.headachedrugs.com

HEADACHE 2006 IS HERE!  

HELP SUPPORT THIS WEBSITE, AND RECEIVE: "HEADACHE 2006" hot off the press!!  

This 64-page booklet has cutting edge ideas and opinions from Dr. Robbins about the meds and non-med therapies for migraine, chronic daily, and cluster headache. There is also a section on headache in children and adolescents.  

Major revisions have been done, including the latest on meds and therapies for refractory, difficult to treat headaches including options for when nothing is working. There are also new sections on Bipolar, ADD, Insomnia, and Personality disorders, as well as Biofeedback. Click here for the complete table of contents. (Requires: Adobe Acrobat Reader - A free program)  

Headache 2006 is the latest edition, based upon Dr. Robbins' 2 bestselling books. You will receive this latest work by Dr. Robbins and also help to support this non-commercial website, for only $16.95 (includes shipping).  

To order, call 847 480-9510 (Mon. thru Fri. 9 to 4 CST) and order with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover accepted), or send check (or Visa info) for $16.95 to:  

Robbins Headache Clinic
1535 Lake Cook Rd.,
Suite 506
Northbrook, Ill.60062

You can also fax your order with your credit card information to: 847 480-9044.  

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life like a froward child must be humored a little

Email

« Reply #45 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 11:41am »

Vaughan, you may have started a positive thread, but you also started this whole mess with a completely classes and rude comment.  Once you did that, you begin to lose any credibility.  

I personally was very interested in your experience. as I am looking for an anti-depressant to replace Wellbutrin (my Dr is concerned it might be a trigger for me.  Even though it is a weak connection, why take the risk).  I don't know about Lexipro, but i would be willing to give it a try.

Now, try being civil to people, even if you disagree with them, and MAYBE threads like this don't blow up into something like this.  I have found people around here easy to deal with if you feel they were rude to you.  You just have to take the initiative to PM them in a positive way and you will find that out that they are just trying to help and you took it the wrong way.
IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
pfunk

Email

« Reply #46 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 1:55pm »

Vaughan-
Listen man. We're all happy for you that you have been HA free for nine months.  The only thing any of the others are trying to say is that this treatment would not work on the typical case.  Every case is different, dude.  If it worked for you, that's great.  But, let's not go wishing death or "lead" in someone's ear.  We're all here to help each other and I think this has gotten out of control.  I'd like to extend the "olive branch" here  and hope that everyone reading this message will take this as a sign of peace and relaize that we need to work together at this.  Vaughan, here's to a HA free eternity for you.  You are in my prayers.

Pfunk Smiley
IP Logged
vaughan
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #47 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 3:10pm »

Many thanks for your prayers,pity I dont believe in god.
For those that heve tried everything (which I imagine is the majority) lexapro HAS worked for me and if it was to help one other person then it must be good right?To those that emerge from their little holes to say that it works for nobody makes me wonder why they came on to this site in the first place.
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #48 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 3:17pm »

on Feb 6th, 2006, 3:10pm, vaughan wrote:
Many thanks for your prayers,pity I dont believe in god.
For those that heve tried everything (which I imagine is the majority) lexapro HAS worked for me and if it was to help one other person then it must be good right?To those that emerge from their little holes to say that it works for nobody makes me wonder why they came on to this site in the first place.

Stop!!!!
Good post!
Leave it at that!
Glad you are PF.
Don't threaten don't chastise don't have thin skin Wink

We all know that more research is needed in regards to our condition and interpersonal communication skills.

Enjoy the journey.

E
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
chewy

Email

« Reply #49 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 3:22pm »

Quote:
To those that emerge from their little holes to say that it works for nobody makes me wonder why they came on to this site in the first place.  

No one said that. Pay attention.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss