Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 6:24pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Noni helped me »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Noni helped me
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Noni helped me  (Read 5464 times)
clintDMD
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Noni helped me
« on: Feb 7th, 2006, 2:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I had my first cluster headaches from Feb-April 0f 2000, followed by three months of clusters, same time period in 2001, 2002.    I tried a number of medications in my quest to get better, including imitrex, pure oxygen, lidocaine nasal drops, -ase inhibitors,  and on an on.   Breathing cold air at the local ice skating rink helped some.

During my third set of attacks I found some relief from a three day steroid IV infusion, though it left me wired.  When I began my fourth year of attacks in 2003 I went for the steroid infusion, with no help.    A friend offered to let me try his Taihitian Noni juice.  By nature, I am a skeptic, but being desperate, I thought it couldn't make me worse, so what the heck.   After three days the headaches left completely- that season was aborted.

I have continued daily on Noni since then.  I have had some "shadows" and a few mild cluster type headaches, same time of year (yesterday!) but no prolonged cycle.  

I don't mean this as a testimonial for Taihitian Noni juice-I know so many of you have tried everything without much long-lasting relief, and you don't want to head down another dead end.   I've had friends who tried it for migraines with no relief.   It seems to have pretty much eliminated mine.      

I wish there was more rigorous scientific research behind this product- by nature, I am a skeptic- I want to understand the mechanism behind something that "works", and I'm not impressed by anecdotal evidence usually.  I do know that I have more energy, more resistance to common diseases- I use to average ten to twelve upper respiratory tract infections per year, now I might have one per year.    

Has anyone else tried TaihitianNoni Juice?   Has it helped?   Just looking for confirmation.   I know I don't have the head banging, eyeball-socket scraping headaches I used to have.
IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

Re: Noni helped me
« Reply #1 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 3:04pm »

on Feb 7th, 2006, 2:58pm, clintDMD wrote:
By nature, I am a skeptic, but being desperate, I thought it couldn't make me worse, so what the heck.   After three days the headaches left completely- that season was aborted.

By experience, I'm a skeptic. Great first post, glad that you found something that seems to be helping you with your headaches.....

scott

and by the way, nani helped me...
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2006, 3:06pm by seasonalboomer » IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 3:08pm »

A few others have come here talking about noni juice, usually followed by a link to their noni juice website. So it's hard to say whether what I've read are real testimonials. I'm glad you've found something that helps.  Smiley

edited to add: LOL Scott. There's always a nani joke on the noni threads.
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2006, 3:09pm by nani » IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 3:13pm »

how would i happen to get Noni Juice. They just don't seem to carry it in my local grocery store? there must be a way to get this on the web?
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2006, 3:16pm by seasonalboomer » IP Logged

seasonal boomer
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 3:15pm »

There might always be a Nani joke on the Noni threads but that's cos we love you Nani, this site would be missing a star without you and that's a fact.  Kiss Love you Nani, you're one of the best friends I have.

Clint, I hope you are straight up with this, we have a healthy aversion to first post sales techniques which we have grown accustomed to sadly. If you are a cluster sufferer and have found relief I'm pleased for you. That's all we want for everyone who suffers from this nightmare affliction.

If you are a salesman - well, I'd put some of your profits in a good pair of running shoes 'cos you'll need them!  laugh
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 3:30pm »

Clint,
Don't listen to these skeptics. They're all full of poop. Noni juice is good stuff. Only problem is the skeptics ran the last Noni salesman away and I lost my only supply source. Do you have an address where Noni can be ordered?

I'll go get some popcorn while eagerly await your answer.
BobG
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
clintDMD
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 3:53pm »

I am not interested in promoting myself as a salesperson for Tahitian Noni- I am a registered distributor, because I get a discount on my monthly purchase- but I do not actively sell the product.

You can purchase it directly through the Morinda corporation at  tahitiannoni.com;  the per bottle cost is higher if you are not are registered distributor, which you can become for a small fee.  No one pressures me to develop a "network".  I pay about $30 bucks a bottle X four bottles a month- which puts it at the cost of a really fine wine!    However, the bucks I spend per month are far fewer than the pharmaceuticals I was buying. . .

Can't buy through grocery store- health food stores have vastly diluted versions- don't know how helpful they are.  Taste is also an issue.  The Tahitian noni is flavored with blueberry- still has a funny taste, I've gotten used to it.

The reason I don't need to actively sell this- actually, I don't have time to- I have a very busy dental practice in Melbourne, Florida, and I don't have time for another enterprise.   I almost had to give up dentistry because of the headaches. . .
IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 4:08pm »

Dear Dr. Clint Wilkinson, DMD,

Oh, you're just a distributor. Well, then forget about the skeptical remarks earlier.......

The link below helped me understand better...........

http://www.tahitiannoni.com/united_states/english/retail/opportunity/com pensation_plan.html

Scott Angry
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2006, 4:13pm by seasonalboomer » IP Logged

seasonal boomer
clintDMD
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 4:15pm »

To: Lelimey-

I understand the remark about a good pair of running shoes...  

I just wondered if anyone else has tried it.  I can't promise it will do anybody else any good at all- I just don't know, because there haven't been many independent studies.    I just know I couldn't think, couldn't see straight, couldn't function the last series of clusters I had- and they suddendly got better.  Was it the steroid infusion?  Was it the Noni?   The Noni use was more proximate to the end of the clusters.
IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 4:18pm »

Hey, maybe you can describe your headaches for us. help us understand why you come on our boards and in your first post try to enlist people to become distributors (the new MLM word for salesmen) of NONI Juice.  That's so cheesy.
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2006, 4:20pm by seasonalboomer » IP Logged

seasonal boomer
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 4:37pm »

Hey Doc....tell me honestly what you think of my chops.

Was $1200 for each plate to much?
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #11 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 4:56pm »

on Feb 7th, 2006, 3:53pm, clintDMD wrote:
I am not interested in promoting myself as a salesperson for Tahitian Noni- I am a registered distributor, because I get a discount on my monthly purchase- but I do not actively sell the product.

I've often wondered why it is that so many distributors of these tahitian juices seem stricken with clusters.  The only people that seem to have clusters and vouch for it's effectiveness seem to be distributors.  They always have a friend who suggests it for their clusters too.  

Dentists carry oxygen in their offices.  I was wondering why you chose to drive to the skating rink when having a cluster attack, and are they open all night?

on Feb 7th, 2006, 2:58pm, clintDMD wrote:
Breathing cold air at the local ice skating rink helped some.

I guess I'm still a bit skeptical about it all, so far.  

« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2006, 4:57pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 4:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Nice try DMD.

Later now!
IP Logged
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

« Reply #13 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 5:08pm »

Nice teef Jonny.Get some Noni juice and grow some new choppers.Garonteed.                    Potter
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
clintDMD
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #14 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 5:19pm »

To seasonalboomer:

Describe my headaches?  my first cluster headache started on Jan 31st, several years ago, as a deep nagging pain behind my right eye, lasting several hours.   Applying ice over my eye helped some.   For the next three months I experienced six to eight headaches a day, on average, behind my right eye.  Sometimes the pain was dull, nagging.  Sometimes it felt like someone was scraping the back of my eyesocket with a tablespoon.  Sometimes it was like an ice pick, stabbing me in the eye.  I couldn't think, sometimes couldn't see straight.  My right eye would tear, my eyelid would droop.   I didn't sleep through the night.  I thought, no, I knew I was going insane.

I still get a few low grade cluster like headaches, just not as bad as they used to be.   The only reason I looked up this website again and posted today is last night I had one for a few hours, laid in the dark with a cold washcloth on my eye, wondering if the darned things were coming back.   Today, nothing.    

My previous dental partners got very tired of my "absences" several years ago.  One accused me of trying to "destroy my practice", because I simply could not work on bad days, or would not work for fear of making bad decisions while I was prepping teeth in another human being's mouth!  

I beat my head on the wall.  I cried.  I threw shoes.  

My wife tried to be sympathetic, but she even got upset with me during the second year of clusters- she said one night she wouldn't have sympathy on me- I just needed to get  up and get on with my life.   Other people do not understand what a cluster headache sufferer goes through.

I can't imagine being chronic- I would be suicidal.

Let me make two things clear:  Jeepers.  (1) I wouldn't take money from you if you threw it at me- I ain't a salesperson.  I've never been an Amway person, or a network marketing person, it's not in my comfort zone.  I'm definitely not impressed with anecdotal "evidence".  I like cold, hard science.  (2)  I don't know for certain that the Noni ended my headaches.   It could have been the three day steroid infusion.     Jeepers.  I just wondered if anyone else had even tried the stuff.
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 5:27pm »

Have you ever tried O2? I know it's been mentioned already in this thread? I ask because I personally find it to be about the best possible abortive. Used at 15LPM I can abort a hit in 5-7 minutes. Can't recommend the stuff enough!

This is a tough crowd and we've had more than our fair share of first time posters trying to "sell" something. I know you say you aren't but I'm sure you can see why that's taken with a grain of salt.

We'll soon see too, you'll either stick around or you won't. You've either had a baptism of fire and you'll settle down to being a member of the board or you'll disappear into the sunset.

If you are a fellow ch'er there is no better place to be. No matter what meds you have or treaments, therapies.. call it what you will, nothing beats the support of people who truly understand the condition and you with it. The support of people here has helped me more than any "med" ever will.

Everyone else feels the same. We know how devastating this is and how people will clutch at straws. I'm sure you can see why we will protect each other from potential confidence tricks and if you can't.. 'nuff said!
IP Logged

clintDMD
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #16 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 5:30pm »

Kevin-

Dentists do have oxygen in their offices- I pay thirty eight bucks plus fees for a tiny tank that lasts about an hour when I administer nitrous- the stuff is expensive, for the temporary effect.

I never felt like oxygen did that much for my headaches.  Hope it works for yours.
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #17 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 5:31pm »

on Feb 7th, 2006, 5:19pm, clintDMD wrote:
The only reason I looked up this website again and posted today is last night I had one for a few hours, laid in the dark with a cold washcloth on my eye, wondering if the darned things were coming back.   Today, nothing.  

Well, it just seems that the one's mentioning the miraculous results of tahitian juices have all suffered for many, many years, tried most all the usual remedies, haven't had any good results, but only think to post here after they have become a distributor.  
  Is there a reason that posting here doesn't seem fruitful, when you have suffered for years with clusters, until you've become a distributor?

And why is it you chose to drive with your attacks to a public skating rink if it only helped some?  Didn't anyone ever call an ambulance for you there?
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2006, 5:47pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #18 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 5:44pm »

Clint, if you're selling anything, I think you'll see it's fruitless here. If you are a CH sufferer, lay low and start reading. There's more info on CHs here than anywhere else. (for starters, take a look at the oxygen info link on the left). We're all happy to see another sufferer get relief.  
IP Logged

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 5:57pm »

Hold on now!, I dont think this dude would still be here typing paragraphs if he was truely trying to sell this stuff.

Kings ruling......If this guys one of us he will stick around, if not...we will know soon enough, lets cut him some slack for now.

Hey Doc, being chronic is easier than being episodic, you never have to worry when the beast will attack Grin

Jonny.....................30 years chronic  Wink
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2006, 5:59pm by Jonny » IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #20 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 6:08pm »

The king has ruled, so let it be written, so let it be done!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
clintDMD
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #21 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 6:09pm »

The fact that I disclosed that I have registered as a distributor (so I can get the freakin' discount!)  disqualifies anything I have to say on this message board-??????    I am one of "them", I guess.   Snidely Whiplash,  snake oil salesman!    Boy, this is an unusual feeling. . .    

If you can dish it out, I can take it.  I had six plus months of the last several years of my life wiped out by cluster headaches.    I expect a few of you have had them longer than I did- I'm not even sure mine won't come back- I don't know that I didn't just have a temporary remission . . .

I graduated from the University of Florida College of Dentistry in 1980.  I served nine years in the USAF Dental Corps.  I've been in private practice for sixteen years, I'm a Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry, an alumnus of the Pankey Institute, and I rigorously pursue continuing dental education to keep myself up to date.   My practice income far outstrips any puny bucks I could make selling Noni juice.  

Yeah, I've seen the Noni juice testimonial papers- I guess my story is actually in one of them (another disclosure- now I'll really be anathema!)  and yeah, there are some pretty ridiculous claims out there-

I guess one of the unwritten rules of this site I didn't know about is that I just wasn't allowed to ask the question, "Has proprietary product X helped anyone else?"   Cause dang, I had to have a hidden agenda!   Who would make an original post like I did unless they were hoping to cash in on someone else's suffering?  You guys saw through me right away!  Dang.   How did you figure me out so fast?

This has been an enlightening experience.    Whew.

IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 6:09pm »

Hoi Jonny.. I WUZ being nice!  Roll Eyes
I played nice didn't I?! Sheesh!

IP Logged

chewy

Email

« Reply #23 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 6:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
It could have been the three day steroid infusion.

Yup. Could have been!
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #24 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 6:14pm »

Settle down, Clint. We really are here to help. And it seems you are, too. Thanks for sharing your success story. Folks can read about it and decide for themselves. As you can see, there isn't another noni success story person online right now. Perhaps someone will come along.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss