Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 5:10pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « anyone get carotid artery pain with headache? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   anyone get carotid artery pain with headache?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: anyone get carotid artery pain with headache?  (Read 895 times)
Radha
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

anyone get carotid artery pain with headache?
« on: Feb 24th, 2006, 12:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

anyone get pain where the external carotid artery is located in the neck on the same side of the headache? i know i dont have any kind of arterial disease, but the pain i get there is bad and comes with headache, just wanted to know how common this artery pain is, and if the imitrex helps to make it go away for you, thanks
radha
IP Logged
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Re: anyone get carotid artery pain with headache?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24th, 2006, 12:19pm »

Yes my neck hurts during cycle but try oxygen as your first abortive.                Potter
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #2 on: Feb 24th, 2006, 1:37pm »

No  When at its worst it goes down into my jaw.  Those are my real KILLERS!!!

Good Vibes

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #3 on: Feb 24th, 2006, 3:31pm »

Yeah, actually that has happened to me.  The doctors checked for blockage-none.  Just one more possible benefits of clusterheadaches Roll Eyes
PFDAN
kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 24th, 2006, 4:44pm »

eye, ear, and jaw. So far, at this time, I dont have any pain any lower down. I have enough right where it is, thank you
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #5 on: Feb 24th, 2006, 4:49pm »

For me, I'm not sure it's the artery or everything alongside the artery. During a high level hit, I hurt everywhere this pic highlights.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
karrie35
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Feb 24th, 2006, 5:23pm »

I feel like my neck is swollen during a high level hit.
When I hang my head down especially.
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 24th, 2006, 5:56pm »

Yes.  Also know I don't have artery disease since my neuro thought he heard a bruitt there but the MRI showed nothing wrong.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Radha
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Feb 24th, 2006, 11:54pm »

thanks so much for your replies, at least it is reassuring to know i am not the only one getting this pain in upper side of the neck right below the ear, and i get bad jaw pain too, and i really doubt i have any blockage or problem like that, i guess theres nothing to do about this, just another part of this nightmare!!
radha
IP Logged
The_CHosen_One
New Board Newbie
USA 

That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger !?

« Reply #9 on: Feb 25th, 2006, 1:16am »

I too have the Carotid Artery pain, and I've been checked for everything...tests up the wazzu for over 2 yrs (I wind up donating about 2 pints/week for the numerous blood tests), and as best as my team of DR's can tell, it's all part of the benefis of the disease. I would also like to add that I too feel the pain EVERYWHERE shown in the pic...Eye, Brain, Jaw, Neck, and even Chest...all on the same side...and it has remained on the right side for just short of 800 consecutive days now...and yet I have SOMEHOW managed to survive...So just hang in there and know that YOU'RE NOT ALONE...

Sincerely,
The CHosen One
IP Logged
tanner
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Adopt a POW/MIA I have

sc_clusterhead1  
Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 3:01pm »

yes always. it was one of the first things that made my (long time ago) neuro sit up and take notice.

i had the fun test where they stick a needle into your artery at the groin level and then follow the little camera thing all the way up through the heart up the carotid into your brain and then they say " Okay this is going to be a little warm". just then two sumo type male nurses jump on your shoulders and neck area so you cant move your head and they squrt liquid lava into your head...........of i forgot one extra giant falls across your legs (i guess to keep you from kicking anyone).  

to this day i don't know exactly what that fun little test showed them but it sure was the closest thing to being abducted by aliens i have ever experienced!!!!!!

............tim

IP Logged

I AM THE MASTER OF MY MIND, MY BODY, AND MY EMOTIONS...
it's just my head that sucks...http://www.centerforlit.com/

DisneyRN
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #11 on: Mar 4th, 2006, 4:11pm »

I do get the Carotid pain, but found it was worse when I used Imitrex.  Dr. won't perscribe it for me now.  Oxygen @10 liters definately helps...but, not always a sure thing during a real headbanger.

A pain management DR. gave me Neurontin for chronic back pain (and rhumatoid arthritis), and I found that a side effect of the Neurontin was far less Migraines and Clusters.  And it has helped the Raynaud's Phenomenon in my hands and feet.

There have been several times where I have run out of the Neurontin, and have had onsets of Migraine/Clusters and the Raynaud's.  I don't know if this is due to sudden withdrawal of the drug, or if I was going to get the Clusters, anyway.  The stress factor when I run out of my meds is quite high now that I know how my body reacts.  This has happened enough times now where I know it is not coincidence.[/i]
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss