Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 7:34pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « new doctor-same old stuff »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   new doctor-same old stuff
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new doctor-same old stuff  (Read 446 times)
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

new doctor-same old stuff
« on: Feb 24th, 2006, 7:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I changed dr.'s today.  He can't see me until 3-31-06.

I told his staff I needed help with pain management for cluster headaches which I have every two hours right now.

He sent a prescription to the pharmacy for "migraines".  I am having clusters every two hours right now.  I can take the Maxalt every two hours - 3 times.  I am communicating with him through his office staff emailing him.  I asked them to tell him I have a headache every two hours and what about the rest of the time.  I won't be hearing from them today because everyone is going home now.

I know I can make it without any medicing at all but I would like some relief.

I have a lot more reading to do.

Thank you for being here.
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: new doctor-same old stuff
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24th, 2006, 9:21pm »

on Feb 24th, 2006, 7:55pm, Charlotte wrote:

I know I can make it without any medicing at all but I would like some relief.

I have a lot more reading to do.

Thank you for being here.

Your most welcome.

Keep reading.
IP Logged

MJ
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 25th, 2006, 12:00am »

You can do it Char!

Dragn
IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life like a froward child must be humored a little

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 25th, 2006, 11:16am »

Charlotte:  Do you have O2 with a non-rebreather mask (see link on left)?  Also, your Maxalt perscription.... how many pills/tabs are you getting.  Mine was only for 6 and that only lasts 3 days (I was told to only take 2 per day but I think the lit says 3).

Anyway, O2 and some of the alt threrapies may be your only choices until the Dr appointment.

Good luck!  and if you don't have O2...DEMAND IT (and get the right mask).
IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #4 on: Feb 26th, 2006, 10:45am »

I hear you!  I am going through the same thing.  There are some great alternatives out there.  Keep researching here.  I agree this site has been a God send for me.

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 10:56am »

Before I left the Pharmacy, the new dr had called in 60 mg time release propanolol for once a day preventative.  I started it as soon as I got home & took the 2nd at 5:00 am.  It started helping within 24 hours and knocked the level 8's back to level 5, except for one 8 on Saturday and one 7 on Monday.

I cut the 10 mg maxalts into 4's and use 1/4.  There were only 9.  1/4 works good half the time.  If I miss the beginning of a cluster (or a migraine), it's too late for maxalt or imitrex.

So I am doing better.

I have also been trying to drink water but haven't been able to get to it every hour.

Thank you for the moral support.  I will probably get the internet at home eventually so I can talk to you guys at 3:00 am when we're all up.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss