Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 2:02pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « IMIGRAN-sumatriptan-help please »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   IMIGRAN-sumatriptan-help please
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: IMIGRAN-sumatriptan-help please  (Read 247 times)
agonymum
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

IMIGRAN-sumatriptan-help please
« on: Mar 3rd, 2006, 3:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi,

ive finally been to see a neuro today, he diagnosed cluster headaches , no surprise to me .

he perscribed imigran nasal spray as an abortive , i was amazed that there were only 2 sprays in the box .
is this normal , if i used 1 spray for each attack i will have run out by morning!

he suggested verpramil ? as a preventative , but said that as i had been in this cycle since september then it would be tailing off and it would be better to wait till next september to start on that ?

im confused , i asked about o2 , he suggested i try the spray first and then i left thinking that i would at least have a 'constant' supply of the spray.

does anybody use this as an abortive and if so how and when ? and do you have to keep going back to gp to get more doses every few days ??

thanks
IP Logged
agonymum
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

Re: IMIGRAN-sumatriptan-help please
« Reply #1 on: Mar 3rd, 2006, 3:32pm »

im also taking sertraline , antidepressant and ive just read that there is an increased risk of severe side effects with this ssri.

now im even more confused and fed up , why dont these people know what they are doing ??!!!!!!
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 3rd, 2006, 4:31pm »

I suspect that, after you have some experience to report to the doc re. effectiveness of the spray, that he can provide increased quantities. Negotiate--and it also depends on the restrictions he has to work within re. quantities under your system.

Might also print this out and talk about other options:

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH.  (2002)

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
agonymum
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #3 on: Mar 3rd, 2006, 5:27pm »

thankyou bob, very much .

i read the link and im more informed now, and less stressed .

i think i was upset because i waited 4 months for the appointment and was really hoping for melatonin and oxygen aswell .
i should have been more assertive at the appointment really and asked more questions about the imigran when i was there.

thanks again x
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss