Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 4:35pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « The road to the cure!!!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   The road to the cure!!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The road to the cure!!!!!  (Read 1960 times)
fireball
New Board Newbie
USA 

Re: The road to the cure!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: Mar 15th, 2006, 11:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have to respond to the negative replies.  In defense of John, he is only sharing his experience.  He isn't telling everyone to go try it.  Isn't that what this site is for?  Everyone is responsible for doing their own research, talking to their own doctor, and making a decision that is best for them.  
I'm excited to know that there is another option that I didn't know about.  
I started the post "gamma knife" because I've really been pushing for my husband to have that done.  He has tried every other non-invasive treatment that we know of.  He has been suffering for 8 years -- I can't even imagine another 22!
Now, with information about the trigeminal implant, we'll be discussing this new option at his next appointment.  
I think that sharing and supporting is so important.  Getting on this site to do just that is such a blessing.
IP Logged
zuesthedog
New Board Newbie
USA 

dont give up dont give in

Email

« Reply #26 on: Mar 15th, 2006, 2:55pm »

Fireball Thank you so much for your support. I really only mean to help people from living a very hard life. I remember one night inpeticular, I had been visited by the beast 4 times .The last visit I was so totaly wore out, that I just could not fight any more. My wife took me to the Er. At the hospital we incounter a triage nurse that had no bussiness doing her job.She told me to wait in the waiting room, and that it would be several hours before i would be seen. My wife then decided to take me somewhere else. At the next hosp, I made it to a Dr. He acused me of drug seeking and told me no headache could make a person act like I was. Totally dejected and still rockin I pleaded with my wife to take me home, she did. When we reach the house I jumped in my truck and took off{I had reach the end couldn,t do this anymore ] I raced down the dark streets hardly able to see from the tears and pain. I reach the boat landing down by the Ohio river, and sat in my truck trying to muster the nerve to drive in. Every thing started racing through my mine ,my life,my fathers death ,my wife ,my kids,what had I done so bad in my life to bring on this curse. Finally it dawn on me I was able to concentrate ,to even be able to think about thes thing ment the beast was leaving. I started thinking more clearly, what was I about to do run out on my wife ,who had always been there for me who would fight my battles with the triage nurses, who would rub my temples and let me know I wasn,t alone.My son,who had just turn 13. The same age I was when my father died. I had always swore to my self he would not endure growing up the way I did.Thats when I relized that pain can not kill you only you can, and know matter how bad it gets You have to find the strenght to push on. At that point I decided to find a way to beat this thing not only for me ,but hopfully everyone. I started volunteering for any experimental cures for this thing that I could,[ If you see my med list and other procedures I had tried before this you know what I mean.] Anyway I only am trying to help and not trying to sell anything, or force my oppion on anyone.  SO please stay strong   Dont give up and dont give in
IP Logged

zues
zuesthedog
New Board Newbie
USA 

dont give up dont give in

Email

« Reply #27 on: Mar 15th, 2006, 3:03pm »

on Mar 14th, 2006, 9:20pm, Linda_Howell wrote:

The next convention is in Milwaukee, WI.  John.   That's not exactly the other side of the country from you. lol

Try to make it.  July 14th, thru the 16th.

Linda
Linda briefly discussed it with wife, Probably will make it. Had promised the kid a real vacation this year [now that I,m better]. Think we will stop by for one night[probably friday] on our way to the grand canyon. Looking forward to meeting you Roll Eyes
IP Logged

zues
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss