Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 1:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Detox techniques? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Detox techniques?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Detox techniques?  (Read 874 times)
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

Detox techniques?
« on: Mar 10th, 2006, 3:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Huh
I have a few of my own but any help would be appreciated.
Coffee, O2,never relax, hammer..just kidding.
I do not get short hits so this should be interesting.
thanks in advance
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Detox techniques?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10th, 2006, 3:32pm »

How's your heart and BP, jb? Red Bull works well as an abortive, but it's hard on the heart.  
Are you detoxing for busting? I've heard SPUTS can help you get through sometimes. Some people are SPUT-ting with seeds, too.  
Good luck, hon. hugs, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 10th, 2006, 4:19pm »

I grinned and bared it.
I asked the same questions as you but just decided to just detox slowly.

I still am unsure if I am going to "bust"
I'm dealing pretty well right now and luckily for me the attacks though still intense are way shorter!

Good luck John!

E
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Mar 10th, 2006, 4:26pm »

I just talked to jb and referred him to sections 4.1.5 through 4.4.2 of the mushroom FAQ on clusterbusters.com.

BB
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 10th, 2006, 4:33pm »

Wink
Thanks again to all. Bobs referral to the clusterbuster faq adds more ideas and suggestions. Thanks to all. I had a good laugh researching some other alternatives, specifically the cold shower...and then not two posts later ...sex. These two counterindicate each other and may lead to mass hesteria. Tongue so be careful out there...
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Mar 10th, 2006, 5:25pm »

on Mar 10th, 2006, 3:32pm, nani wrote:
I've heard SPUTS can help you get through sometimes. Some people are SPUT-ting with seeds, too.

I would not use SPUTs during the detox period because the mushroom FAQ on CB.com says:

Quote:
4.2 How long do I have to wait after starting my detox and how long do I wait between psilocybin doses if I need more than one?

There is one more interaction that must be taken into consideration... the self-limiting factor of psilocybin and LSD themselves. This well-documented but still unexplained property of these substances is the reason why consecutive doses must be taken at well-spaced intervals, rather than day after day. It is also why psilocybin and LSD are classified as "counter-addictive". Flash calls this self-limiting process "shutting the door".

One of the first things that a molecule of psilocin (psilocybin is converted into psilocin as soon as it enters the bloodstream. It is actually psilocin that produces the effect, not psilocybin) will do when it nestles snuggly into its chosen synaptic cleft is to trigger a reaction in the receptor site that "shuts the door" behind it. Not only does the door shut on the sites that contain psilocin molecules already, but on all other sites anywhere in the brain that are capable of accepting similar molecules. This process is not instantaneous, but it does take place fairly rapidly... maybe over twenty minutes or half an hour or so.

This is why dosing with mushrooms or LSD is an "all or nothing" thing. With alcohol or marijuana, if you think you are not yet where you want to be, you can have another beer or another joint, and another and another. But psilocybin and LSD take time to produce their full effect... sometimes as much as an hour or even longer from the time you take them till the time they start to work. By the time you discover that you have underdosed, it is too late to do anything about it. You will have to wait until next time around to adjust the dose. If you take some more immediately, it is a complete waste of medicine, since by the time the new batch of molecules make it to your brain, all the doors are firmly shut.

These doors remain shut until all the molecules of psilocin or LSD have broken down (around 12 to 20 hours) and then the doors gradually start to re-open. This is why veteran "acidheads" back in the 1960s would only dose once a week or so. Some individuals can dose with only a three day break, others need as much as week. A good compromise for clusterheads is about five days.

This door-shutting mechanism precludes the use of any other hallucinogen for that given period of time. That is to say, if you take some mushrooms Friday night, then take some LSD on Saturday night, the LSD will have no effect at all. Methysergide (Sansert) and other ergot compounds such as ergotamine and di-hydro ergotamine (DHE) will also shut the door. Due to the marked similarity between the various triptans (Imitrex, Amerge, etc.) and psilocybin, it is likely that they will also shut the door for at least as long as they remain in the body, and probably for some period of time after that.

Bottom line... it is essential to wait 4 or 5 days between mushroom doses, and to avoid all other known "blocking" medications during that time as well.

BB
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 11th, 2006, 7:52am »

A golden rule is to never start detox of our meds before consulting your Gp first

Svenn

Add.Specially the one we are using
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2006, 7:53am by The  mad viking » IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss