Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 10:04pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Shroom Success »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Shroom Success
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Shroom Success  (Read 679 times)
fungo
New Board Newbie

"What, me lose brain?"

Shroom Success
« on: Mar 14th, 2006, 3:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just beat another bout using shrooms, and I thought I should pass on the info...

I've been suffering from cluster headaches all my adult life, about thirty years now. Clusters tend to come every few years, and last 1-2 months. (That occasional second month is a killer.) About three years ago, I used three doses of shrooms (small, large and small) to completely terminate a cluster after only about two weeks. The treatment didn't seem to be working, then the headaches just stopped, like flipping a switch.

Last month, I started another cluster. I took about 1.4g of dried shrooms, which turned out to be a very psychedlic dose, for me. (Enjoyable enough, but when you're already weary with pain and lack of sleep, it's a big effort.) My wife bought me a set of electronic scales, and I cut way back on the amounts...

Ultimately, I took 5 doses, settling on a displayed weight of 0.4g each, and waiting (with difficulty) 4-5 days between doses. After the first 2 doses, the headaches became milder but somewhat unpredictable. I had a couple of very bad nights, but only really hit the screaming point once. I never did develop daytime attacks, which I typically get after about a week or two.

After the 3rd dose, the nightly attacks became milder. After the 4th dose, I started to get more sleep. The 5th dose may actually have been superfluous, but by then  I was taking no chances. I would wake up with a tension-style headache for a week or so after that, but the cluster headaches basically faded out. It's now been exactly a month, headache-free.

The 0.4g dose made me a bit high and tense, but the effect was far milder and more pleasant than with any of the prescription treatments I've tried.

I'd have to say that if you have a chance to try this treatment, go for it. This is not just something to do while you're trying not to lose your mind with pain; this is a cure. My only fear now is facing a cluster with no supply of fungus. I fervently hope that the medical world won't have its head up its collective posterior for too many more years.

-fungo
IP Logged
SteCo
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Shroom Success
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14th, 2006, 4:51pm »

on Mar 14th, 2006, 3:16pm, fungo wrote:
My only fear now is facing a cluster with no supply of fungus. I fervently hope that the medical world won't have its head up its collective posterior for too many more years.

Hi Fungo,  
Been awhile since one of these threads got going......
Congrats on the breakup of your cycle!!..maybe the reason they are called magic Grin

Take a look at the "general" MB area.....the 2nd sticky folder down "The Pending Psilocybin Study @ Harvard Medical" last post on bottom of page 5 and top post page 6.......the therapy/concept is being introduced to the medical community.....the momentum is building.  

Fungus supply: Just in case you have not read it www.clusterbusters.com  most grow their own with the premixed sterile bags and syringes. Supplies legal in most states but not all (info. on CB)

Prior to projected cycle, try a maintenance dose....maybe 1/2 way between cycles then about 1 month prior to cycle. You may MISS a cycle entirely instead of trying to break one.  

May the PF continue and thanks for the update!
SteCo
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14th, 2006, 5:58pm »

YAY!! Congrats on the broken cycle, fungo.  Grin
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14th, 2006, 9:10pm »

Good news Fungo.

Allways like to see success stories.
IP Logged

MJ
Chuffy
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #4 on: Mar 22nd, 2006, 8:02am »

on Mar 14th, 2006, 3:16pm, fungo wrote:
This is not just something to do while you're trying not to lose your mind with pain; this is a cure.  

-fungo

Nuff said.
IP Logged

www.site full of PF idiots.com
Beastfodder
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally

« Reply #5 on: Mar 22nd, 2006, 12:17pm »

Marvellous to read your story.

Sounds like you got some good advice on the dosing levels and frequency - take it you'll be yet another case study success story at clusterbusters ?  

I think for me last year it was three small doses, four shortish headaches and a life back on track - opposed to the normal ten weeks that so many of us episodic know and love so much.
IP Logged

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss