Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 6:42pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Accupuncture »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Accupuncture
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Accupuncture  (Read 683 times)
Steve_Gn
New Board Newbie
USA 

grifden  
Email

Accupuncture
« on: Mar 14th, 2006, 7:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone tried this?
I have had very good luck with it.
After a few years of experimenting with this, my therapist has hit the right combination.
Although it doesn't abort the cycle, the pain level is down 80 to 90%.
IP Logged

Someday my tomb stone will read...

Finally
Headache Free!

Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: Accupuncture
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14th, 2006, 7:39pm »

WOW!  That is great news.  I am happy you found something to give you relief.  I tried acupuncture and it did nothing for me.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
chewy

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14th, 2006, 8:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Zip,Zero,Nada.
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14th, 2006, 9:06pm »

No results for me and clusters either. Tried twice.

Did take some knots out of my neck though.
IP Logged

MJ
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #4 on: Mar 14th, 2006, 11:55pm »

I loved what it did for other issues that I was dealing with. I didn't help my CH at all.  
I'm glad you're feeling better.  Smiley
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 15th, 2006, 2:50am »

I'm glad that you've found a method which helps you. Smiley

Lots of PF days,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Steve_Gn
New Board Newbie
USA 

grifden  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 15th, 2006, 5:53am »

This was not something I only tried once or twice.
My therapist and I worked on this for a few years.
I don't beleive there are any simple solutions.  
What got me started on this was the fact that there is a pressure point in the left ear for the thalamus.
IP Logged

Someday my tomb stone will read...

Finally
Headache Free!

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 17th, 2006, 8:51pm »

I thought you were referring to accupressure?  

I have had some success with accupressure during the milder hits but have had some very sore spots from pressing too hard and too long sometimes.  When it hurts too much, you press too hard.

I see you mean accupuncture, with needles - no experience with that.
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2006, 8:53pm by Charlotte » IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 20th, 2006, 4:30am »

Glad you have some relief with it, I tried it but no, nothing.
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Dragonman
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Dragonman Never giving Up :)

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 21st, 2006, 4:16pm »

Hi all..my name is Michael...41 yr old male, 16 years playing with the devil and doing the dance with kip 10s in every cycle, only my second post,
I tried accupunture on two occasions some years ago.. first time I had great success, relieving and aborting the cycle on the third treatment, however the next cycle a year or so down the track i went again to the same practitioner and she was more interested in telling me about her new practice so I stopped going as the treatments where not improving my condition or did I feel she really cared as is the case with our disorder in general having to deal with the profesionals by placing our life in there hands. The first time round, she studied and nutted out her reasons in what was really going on and why she used a certain sequence and it took three treatments and on the third one as I said hit the mark and worked very instantly with a complete recovery the next day... now many years down the track I am trying again with a chinese doctor and I think that was rather nieve of me back then, to not have spoken to her about the seriousness of my condition to bring awareness to her about the importance of her focus or even sourced another practitioner for that matter to persivere with something I knew had a dramitic effect in the past, the reason i guess was that I was drained and lifeless and had no energy to deal with that at the time but lets face it I was dealing with an art of healing thousands of years old that in my opinion does work with out doubt so .. here I am in 2006, very desparate a couple of days ago to find answers once again so I saw a chinese dr yesterday and we are firstly using chinese herbs, as there it too much heat in my body which has been my understanding and feeling being also a Natural Therapist and have studied many forms of healing..excess heat equals excess yang which is formed in the the liver hence being liverish during attacks or within a cycle..the heat is rising to the head as this is what heat does in normal circumstances, it rises and when in the head it is unable to be released, kinda makes sense doesnt it, as it feels as though the head will explode, this is interesting especially with also the hypothalumus theary of heat retention and heat regulation... I have been feeling much better since taking the herbs and it is important for me to say I have also done this with a positive mind and strong belief where I have managed two hours sleep in the afternoon after taking the herbs and if in another day it continues to improve  i will do the same and continue the treatment as planned, time for bed now so I believe this is a moment of truth and I will continue this post when I wake..... I have now just woken after 5 hrs sleep and its the next morning..no pain during the night or apon waking , thank god and thank my intuition yesterday to see the herbalist, maybe I am on to something... the plan from here is if my condition doesnt improve during this next day up to 50% or more I will be having acupunture tomorrow and maybe I will have it anyway but I must say there is vast improvement and only 4 days into a full blown cycle..which is now 10 or so days old from the start of shadows and realisation this is not just a headache as one would know it..I will let you know how it goes over the next few days but i do feel very positive at this point in time. Love to yas all.
Michael aka the "dragonman never giving up"
IP Logged

YaBBC
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #10 on: Mar 21st, 2006, 4:27pm »

on Mar 21st, 2006, 4:16pm, Dragonman wrote:
... but lets face it I was dealing with an art of healing thousands of years old that in my opinion does work with out doubt so .. .......excess heat equals excess yang which is formed in the the liver hence being liverish during attacks or within a cycle..the heat is rising to the head as this is what heat does in normal circumstances, it rises and when in the head it is unable to be released, kinda makes sense doesnt it, as it feels as though the head will explode, this is interesting especially with also the hypothalumus theary of heat retention and heat regulation...

Okay, I'll bite. What were the herbs your herbalist gave you to take?

There have been many who have had success with using, what is traditionally viewed as a Chinese Herb, that being Kudzu Extract. While we haven't delved into its ability to battle the excess "Yang", it does have chemical properties that seem to mimic other effective treatments developed in the scientific community (or I should say the other way around).

As for Acupuncture, you may feel it works "without a doubt", I would never make such a statement without using the word "arguably". As many posters ahead of you on this thread have done.

Anyway, what was the herb?

Scott

« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2006, 4:28pm by seasonalboomer » IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
Dragonman
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Dragonman Never giving Up :)

Email

« Reply #11 on: Mar 21st, 2006, 6:03pm »

Hi Scott,
Thanks for your interest and obvious knowlege in understanding and wanting to know more about theory explained to me.. best to start by saying i was more so generalizing the fact that I believe accupunture works as the results I have experienced and learnt from treating clients for 8 yrs and hearing there stories relating to accupuncture and some of my own, however on a completely different level to what we as Ch sufferers deal with every time a cycle has its grip apon us as it is like outta this world what we put up with and must deal with in so many ways on our own..i am still shocked and somewhat stunned.. i was definately thankfull when it stopped my cycle as i wrote and the thing with alternative therapies is we are all different and the right sequence is needed for each individual although it may be similar we are treated as an individual nevertheless, on the other hand I believe  allopathic medicine is different where we are all treated as one the same.. but a belief in anything we try is more so powerful than not believing at all..so i feel persiverence is necesarry if the door is open and a positive mind is powerful and after feeling the way i do now compared to yesterday i wanted to share this. I will see the herbalist tomorrow and find out what i was given as there were three, one herbal capsule and two other pills. one for headache one for shifting the heat and the other i think was for the liver..leave it with me and ill post as soon as I know,
take care  and i look fwd to discussing this further with you as it will bring light on the subject and if it can help or educate us that will be a good thing.
All the best Scott
Michael
IP Logged

YaBBC
floridian

Email

« Reply #12 on: Mar 21st, 2006, 7:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Mar 21st, 2006, 4:27pm, seasonalboomer wrote:

Okay, I'll bite. What were the herbs your herbalist gave you to take?

There have been many who have had success with using, what is traditionally viewed as a Chinese Herb, that being Kudzu Extract. While we haven't delved into its ability to battle the excess "Yang",  ...

Yeah, curious to see what they think might work.  According to the Japanese, Kudzu is a mild yang herb, but has a unique ability to counteract both yin and yang excess.  

I'm willing to bet that Angelica is one of the herbs that Dragon Man was prescribed.  But most Asian formulas are a blend of medicines that have counteracting properties, although one element is more dominant in most formulas.  Peony/moutan, licorice, and magnolia are some other herbs that I think might be useful, not sure if those were used.  

I'm holding my breath until Dragon Man finds out and tells us.  Or is that just my apnea acting up??  
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2006, 7:42pm by floridian » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss