Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 7:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 30mg Dihydrocodeine? Anyone had it? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   30mg Dihydrocodeine? Anyone had it?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 30mg Dihydrocodeine? Anyone had it?  (Read 989 times)
Sax
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Love light and thanks x

Email

30mg Dihydrocodeine? Anyone had it?
« on: Mar 17th, 2006, 12:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thought with all your help had got an understanding with Dr. He has put me on verap 240 MR and said the doctor info I printed off was interesting. I said I need some quick pain relief as well and he has given me 30mg Dihydrocodeine.I have done a site search here and nothing came up. I am getting regular 1am to 4 am half hour kip 7 to 9 attacks and day attacks kip 2 to 9. Any chance this can help? Still thinkign of changing Dr. But who's to say any other is better.? Huh Huh Huh
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: 30mg Dihydrocodeine? Anyone had it?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17th, 2006, 1:19pm »

I just typed in the name dihydrocodeine in a google search.  It basically said it is double the strength of regualar codeine and is an opiate and can be detected in blood or urine test for up to 2 days afterwards.  Sounds like some stronger meds than just plain codeine.  Good luck taking it.  Is it helping at all?  If your attacks are only lasting a 1/2 hr I don't think the medicine has time to kick in and take effect yet.  Or do you take the medicine ahead of your prescheduled attack?
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2006, 1:21pm by Karla » IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17th, 2006, 2:01pm »

"Interesting information, but I won't use it."  What a moron.  

Rapid aborting of cluster headaches is only going to happen by using Oxygen, fast acting triptans (like imitrex injections and zomig nasal spray) and possibly Zyprexa.  There may be a few others, but none of them include a narcotic pill you have to swallow and wait to take effect.

Get with LeLimey (Helen)  she can steer you to the proper information for your area.

IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17th, 2006, 6:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Dihydrocodeine AKA vicodin.

Good luck with that one. Highly addictive. Be careful.
IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17th, 2006, 8:07pm »

Ditto to Gator.

No, no to narcotics if at all possible.

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 18th, 2006, 4:45am »

Hi again Sax, I repeat, your doctor is a WASSOCK!!!
Dihydrocodeine doesn't work for CH, its the wrong type of pain killer. I know, I have it (also called DF118's) for another condition I have and believe me, it has had NO effect on my CH at all sadly.
You need O2, you need triptans or you need to have a look at clusterbusters!
Meds such as verapamil are different, they work on the cycle but they take a while to kick in so you need abortives too. The only other thing I can suggest is a short course of prednisolone while waiting for the verap to take effect.
Demand a consultation with a neuro, it's your right and you are suffering needlessly because your doctor is a WASSOCK who won't even look up the right treatments for CH!!  Angry
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

dejay
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Mar 18th, 2006, 9:00pm »

I believe they stopped making in a couple of years ago in the US. I think it  was called panol here. It's got codiene but may not have any apap. I remember reading once that it didn't have that "nasty side effect, euphoria". It's still sold many places outside the US, however it works just like any other narc. Too slow for many.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss