Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 2:18pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Coke as a cure »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Coke as a cure
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Coke as a cure  (Read 967 times)
pussers_rum
New Board Newbie
England 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Coke as a cure
« on: Mar 18th, 2006, 10:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My cluster headaches first started some 20 years ago in my early 30’s. At first I had not a clue what was happening to me. Brain Tumour?. Then I visited the quack. The first visit of many. What an exercise in futility that was. You know the story - nothing worked.
Any way, once a year, usually Spring or Autumn, the Beast would arrive and stay for 6-8 weeks then disappear without trace. Until….
We went to Cornwall for our annual holidays and without warning the Beast came on the second day. I had no choice but to take to bed. FOR THREE DAYS without remission. What happened then is embarrassing but you need to hear this. My wife came up with a cure. One which worked then and has worked consistently for some 15 years. It has worked so well that I considered myself permanently cured for some years (alas they’ve just re-emerged, but the cure still works).
My wife had been reading the Edgar Cayce journals (understand this that I considered them then and now to be hogwash, but..) and had me try the following:-
1/ She dosed me with double the normal amount of Senecot (a natural laxative).
2/. Had me quaff an entire tin of Coke
3/. Gave me a stomach massage.
The bottom line is that it worked. Not instantly. But within 24 hours I was free.
I thought at first that it was coincidence, that the attack had stopped on its own. But I had the opportunity to try it again and it worked, again.
Over the next few years I honed the treatment. I found that if I drink a tin of Coke within minutes of the precursors of an attack then the attack lasts seconds. Sometimes limiting itself to a short sharp stab. The longer I leave it before drinking, the longer the attack.
Now this is going to sound like an advert but I only relate fact. Coke works, Pepsi doesn’t, Fizzy water doesn’t, Coffee doesn’t, Water doesn’t.
Forgive me for appearing evangelical but it is wonderful to be in control if only partially.
Typical night now is :-
10pm – Bed
10.30 – sleep
12.30 – Hello Beast
12.31 – Guzzle Coke
12.35 – sleep
Incidentally, some years later I went to the quack on an unrelated issue and got laughed at because of this cure. But, I don’t care ‘cos it works and all his snake oil doesn’t!!!!
IP Logged
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

Re: Coke as a cure
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18th, 2006, 10:49am »

on Mar 18th, 2006, 10:39am, pussers_rum wrote:

My wife had been reading the Edgar Cayce journals  

I wasn't aware that Edgar Cayce had clusters Huh
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
chewy

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 18th, 2006, 12:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18th, 2006, 12:24pm »

I thought you meant Cocaine.

There is some validity according to research that cocaine nasal spray will abort an attack.

Anyway, I'm partial to diet coke with a lemon.

Hasn't "cured" me but tastes good.

Welcome and be careful with the word "cure" because there is no cure for what we have.
There are however many ways to make cycles easier and decrease pain.
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 18th, 2006, 12:28pm »

I'd guess that it's the caffeine that's doing it. Several folks here using energy drinks with high caffeine or strong coffee to abort an attack.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #5 on: Mar 18th, 2006, 4:37pm »

I Thought that this was going to be about Blow as well.  I agree probably the caffeine.
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 18th, 2006, 4:46pm »

It is strange Pepsie doesn't work for you.  It has more cafeine in it than coke.  Coke is on the low end as far as caffeine goes compared to most soda's according to my  neurologist.  I drink about 5 cokes a day and it does nothing for my ch.  You are lucky you have found something.  My guess is it is just coincidence tho.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19th, 2006, 1:56am »

Cheesy
First treatment the neuro give me was an aspirin and a coke. Worked a couple of times then not . Its the caffeine.
Aspirin thins the blood.  
Hey if it works
all the best '
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #8 on: Mar 19th, 2006, 6:14am »

Do you take the pussers rum with that coke?  Cheesy
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
CHTom

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 19th, 2006, 8:32am »

I was once prescribed 3% cocaine solution for chronic CH pain-didn't work, didn't even get high.  Perhaps the doc (Dr. Diamond, actually!) should have gone the SherlockHolmes route and given me 5% solution.
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 19th, 2006, 8:00pm »

on Mar 19th, 2006, 8:32am, CHTom wrote:
I was once prescribed 3% cocaine solution for chronic CH pain-didn't work, didn't even get high.  Perhaps the doc (Dr. Diamond, actually!) should have gone the SherlockHolmes route and given me 5% solution.

I believe that was the 7% Solution
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #11 on: Mar 20th, 2006, 12:51am »

Dr. Diamond gave me some liquid coke too. I think the nurse screwed up and gave me too much. (4 drops in each nostril). It did nothing for the attack. After the attack, I was so drained I fell asleep and had one CRAZY A$$ dream !! It had to be the coke !!

UNsolved
IP Logged
CHTom

Email

« Reply #12 on: Mar 20th, 2006, 12:58am »

on Mar 20th, 2006, 12:51am, unsolved1 wrote:
Dr. Diamond gave me some liquid coke too. I think the nurse screwed up and gave me too much. (4 drops in each nostril). It did nothing for the attack. After the attack, I was so drained I fell asleep and had one CRAZY A$$ dream !! It had to be the coke !!
UNsolved

Did you suggest that she give you the cocaine?  In my case, it was only after I had suggested it (after reading about it) that she tried it-as I said, it didn't do any good.
IP Logged
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #13 on: Mar 20th, 2006, 1:42am »

No, I did not suggest it or even think about trying it. It was my 3rd visit there and on the first night, first attack. (Tried as an abortive)

There was another clusterhead there. He was an older guy, probably in his 60's. He said he had been using it for years and it always helps him. He said it has to be administered correctly (to get it in the right place)

UNsolved
IP Logged
schinnen
New Board Newbie
Germany 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #14 on: Mar 20th, 2006, 2:39am »

on Mar 20th, 2006, 1:42am, unsolved1 wrote:
No, I did not suggest it or even think about trying it. It was my 3rd visit there and on the first night, first attack. (Tried as an abortive)

There was another clusterhead there. He was an older guy, probably in his 60's. He said he had been using it for years and it always helps him. He said it has to be administered correctly (to get it in the right place)
UNsolved

The nurse just would put 3 drops in my left nostril to no effect.  They gave me a bottle to take home-thank god for medical insurance because the cost was over $300 for 1/2 ounce of 3% solution!  I could have gotten a better deal and much stonger stuff on the street where the hospital was Smiley.  They used to give me some kind of injection when I had a lot of pain-don't remember what it was, but it used to put me to sleep.  I thought that the best part of my stay there was the smoking room (despite the brouchure, which described all sorts of theraputic activities, the only one that they had was a once a week "Ask The Doctor" session, during which we got to ask a doctor questions (NOT Dr. Diamond-the only time that I or anyone else ever saw her was during admission and discharge).  RIP OFF!
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Mar 20th, 2006, 3:57am »

CHTOM

on Mar 20th, 2006, 12:58am, CHTom wrote:

Did you suggest that she give you the cocaine?  In my case, it was only after I had suggested it (after reading about it) that she tried it-as I said, it didn't do any good.

SCHINNEN ~ CHTOM, PCMCCK, HDIDO ET AL

on Mar 20th, 2006, 2:39am, schinnen wrote:

The nurse just would put 3 drops in my left nostril to no effect.  They gave me a bottle to take home-thank god for medical insurance because the cost was over $300 for 1/2 ounce of 3% solution!  I could have gotten a better deal and much stonger stuff on the street where the hospital was Smiley.  They used to give me some kind of injection when I had a lot of pain-don't remember what it was, but it used to put me to sleep.  I thought that the best part of my stay there was the smoking room (despite the brouchure, which described all sorts of theraputic activities, the only one that they had was a once a week "Ask The Doctor" session, during which we got to ask a doctor questions (NOT Dr. Diamond-the only time that I or anyone else ever saw her was during admission and discharge).  RIP OFF!

You know what John? A few of us had already sussed this was your newest handle but, bugger me with a fish fork.. I didn't think you'd drop yourself in it so soon!!  laugh

Oh and it's cut and pasted now so you can't even delete it and pretend it didn't happen... ain't I a stinker?!
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2006, 4:00am by LeLimey » IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

unsolved1

Email

« Reply #16 on: Mar 20th, 2006, 4:45am »

on Mar 20th, 2006, 2:39am, schinnen wrote:

they had was a once a week "Ask The Doctor" session, during which we got to ask a doctor questions (NOT Dr. Diamond-the only time that I or anyone else ever saw her was during admission and discharge).  RIP OFF!

Dr. Diamond came to my room almost every morning. I'm quite sure I could've gotten ahold of her anytime (if necessary) through the PA's.

UNsolved
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #17 on: Mar 20th, 2006, 4:13pm »

on Mar 18th, 2006, 12:24pm, E-Double wrote:
Anyway, I'm partial to diet coke with a lemon.

I used ice cold coke with lemon as my med side effect relief in the past. Smiley It sure helped me... well, cheered up my mood for sure! Grin

Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Mar 20th, 2006, 5:35pm »

LMMFAO!!!!!!! Grin

Nice bust, Helen.....LMAO

Time for another name, John....cause we will be ALL OVER YOU with this one......LOL Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Steve_Gn
New Board Newbie
USA 

grifden  
Email

« Reply #19 on: Mar 20th, 2006, 5:55pm »

Very interesting. When I first started going to accupunture, my therapist told me that all the pain I was describing in chinese medicine translated to intestinal problems.
I would be more apt to beleive that the senecot and the coke, ( being a carbonate)  combination is main factor. The massage was an added plus. I will certainly give it a try.
IP Logged

Someday my tomb stone will read...

Finally
Headache Free!

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss