Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 10:14am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « RC Seeds and CH. Busters? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   RC Seeds and CH. Busters?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: RC Seeds and CH. Busters?  (Read 1019 times)
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

RC Seeds and CH. Busters?
« on: Nov 16th, 2006, 1:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Any new information available. Research?

Any new or continuing success or failures with the RC seed treatments.

I have spoken with several people regarding use of the seeds some have success, most have at the least partial success and some have no success at all.

Anyone care to comment here?
IP Logged

MJ
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

Re: RC Seeds and CH. Busters?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 9:08pm »

Grin
I cant stop from commenting. Questioning minds want to know Grin
Check back in archives, I sure have read alot about them here.
Personally I can say there is something to them.  This is just my opinion. Why there is not more investigation and research for potential treatment is the question.  
all the best
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Nov 17th, 2006, 12:58am »

Approval to have a study done takes time. We're still waiting for final approval of the psilocybin study. In the meantime, Dr Sewell is still interested in hearing from folks who've tried LSA (whether it worked or not). PM me for his email addy, if you haven't contacted him yet.  
nani (who is going for a new record of 60 days between maintenance doses: next Saturday is 60 days)  Cheesy
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

« Reply #3 on: Nov 17th, 2006, 2:38am »

wtg nani Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
Chillrmn1

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 17th, 2006, 5:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Nov 17th, 2006, 2:38am, zanychef wrote:
wtg nani Grin Grin Grin

Ditto That Nani! That's really great to read you've been able to shut down your CH enough to be able to extend your dosing interval to 60 days, WTG and keep it going!    

Bob

IP Logged
Tak
New Board Newbie
USA 

Kill the Beast!!!

tak7671  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 17th, 2006, 12:05pm »

I am happy to hear that people are getting great results from the RC seeds. My question is (and I have been looking) what are RC seeds and how do I get my hands on some?
IP Logged
Poli
New Board Newbie
Spain 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Nov 17th, 2006, 2:43pm »

Hi Tak, all the information here:

http://www.clusterbusters.com/faqlsa.htm

Saludos
Poli
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 17th, 2006, 8:49pm »

Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds are very similar.
(they both contain the same substance: LSA)
2 doses (10 seeds each) in May stopped the Spring episode.
1 dose, so far, has kept the Fall episode from emerging.

IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #8 on: Nov 18th, 2006, 12:50pm »

Well, an informal, unofficial non-scientific review of LSA seed use last summer showed a success rate of about 70 percent, about as well as psilocybin. And I haven’t noticed any great shifts in effectiveness reports lately.  

My personal impression is that the LSA does not produce such dramatic results as psilocybin. There seem to be more post-dose hits, and more doses are needed, but the seeds evenually work. I think this may be due to most folks using relatively conservative doses of LSA. The low doses also produce only minimal psychoactive effect, if any.

There are three main kinds of “LSA Seeds,” the RC (Rivea corymbosa aka ololiuqui), the Hawaiian baby woodrose vig mentiuons, and certain strains of morning glory. Most folks are using RC lately; HBWR works well when properly hulled; the morning glory are least recommended.

Can’t say that an optimum dose level of LSA has been found. This is after all a natural substance and potency varies. But the number 20 in relation to RC seeds is often heard.  If the subject hasn’t  tried them before, start with 5, then try 10, etc.  

It’s way too early to tell how well any of this works, but most clusterheads won’t waste too much time fooling with something that doesn’t at least seem to reduce the beast. And here’s what some of the busters have been looking into:

RC seeds must be soaked before use, not to extract the LSA, but to cause a chemical reaction resulting in LSA potency somehow (over my head). Some say soaking two hours in water will do, some say soaking longer (6 to 24 hours) works better, some say soaking in wine or some other alcohlic beverage (ethyl alcohol and water) works better. My choice is water for six hours, if you can wait that long.  

It has been assumed that, without evidence to the contrary, LSA will act like its fellow tryptamines, psilocybin and LSD, in that doses should be space at least a few days apart to avoid the high tolerance factor. But this is just an assumption. Some folks are wondering if LSA doses can be taken daily to effectively bust a cluster cycle.

Some folks are using a psilocybin-LSA cocktail - some RC  seeds, some bits of shroom - and feel that works better than seeds alone, or maybe even shrooms alone. In any case, it doesn’t seem to hurt.

And some folks are trying the “SPUT” technigue with RC seeds, grinding up a few and putting the stuff under the tongue to abort an attack. Disclaimer: I think RC seeds taste even worse than shrooms.

It’s all still an experiment and there is much to be learned. Those considering trying LSA or other tryptamines: contact Dr. Sewell BEFORE starting such treatment. makes for more valid data that way.  

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Nov 19th, 2006, 1:00pm »

Thanks TommyD.  Good summary.

Nani, way cool.

Vig, did you notice any differences in the workings of the HBWR vs. RC seeds, other than potency?

I have been using the RC seeds since one year ago. I have never had a hallucination or adverse effect.
They are amazingly effective for me once I found what works for me.

Tommy I no longer even bother soaking the seeds. I just powder them and dissolve in the mouth.  
There is no waiting for a soak and within about 15 minutes or so the good stuff is dissolved into the system and I am realizing the full benefit. (Of course I am picking little bits of hull from the teeth for a while, like one would with eating popcorn.). The taste no longer bothers me at all.

Another sufferer found some info where the seeds were chewed and spit back out to marinate in saliva, Yuck he said, this may have been how the shaman would hallucinate on the lower doses. I say yuck too.

I recently used the seeds for 4 days straight, twice a day for 3 days and once on the 4th day, and believe I killed off another cycle.
(Edit and correction: it was 5 days, first day dose of 30 seeds didnt quite do it as I had some CH symptoms remaining next day then the 4 days at lower doses)

For the first time in many, many, many years I am facing the holiday seasons without pain. I am not sure I know how to get the Joy of the season but at least I can now give it my best shot.
Thanksgiving has new meanings for me.
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2006, 1:16pm by MJ » IP Logged

MJ
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 20th, 2006, 4:50pm »

WTG Nani - 60 days is wonderful!  So far, I've gone 40 days between maintenance doses.  But, I'm a believer!  I will continue taking the rc seeds for the rest of my life if that's what it takes to keep me out of cycle.

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: Nov 24th, 2006, 9:47am »

Being eposodic, I have had to wait awhile to give these  a try.
Never having successfully aborted a hit before I was amazed to find that these will abort a hit within minutes. Accept for a mildly sedated feeling no other affects.
 A trick I started using was to prepare a couple of mixes and freeze them. I've now used this method twice and successfully aborted bad hits within minutes. I have also prepared a mix and carried it around with me for the day just in case. Since the only affect is a slight mellow feeling it works fine.
No breaking of the cycle yet but it has been considerably easier.
Ten RC seedsd had little affect, 25 is working well at aborting hits and giving me about 48 hrs. of near complete relief.

IP Logged
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #12 on: Nov 24th, 2006, 1:36pm »

on Nov 24th, 2006, 9:47am, karma wrote:

A trick I started using was to prepare a couple of mixes and freeze them. I've now used this method twice and successfully aborted bad hits within minutes.

Now that's interesting.  Thanks for the tip.
 Smiley
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 24th, 2006, 2:54pm »

Just wanted to thank everyone for their replies to those looking for information, and say congrats to all those posting of their recent/continued successes.  
Long may they continue.  

Enjoy the holidays everyone!!!
Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss