Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 10:27pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Can I take kudzu with triptans? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Can I take kudzu with triptans?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Can I take kudzu with triptans?  (Read 610 times)
CraigA27
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Can I take kudzu with triptans?
« on: Dec 5th, 2006, 3:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am currently taking kudzu and have found that it offers me relief in terms of shortening duration and frequency of attacks.

The doc has also prescribed me tramanol (seems to kill my shadows and lessen the pain on attacks too) and the zomig nasal sprays(which appear to work for me).

My question is:

Is there any known problems taking these 3 at the same time as i read that you shouldnt take kudzu when taking triptans.

I really dont want to give any of these 3 up as they seem to be working for me. In the past 3 days the longest attack i have had was 30 mins and it was bearable instead of 1 and half hour attacks 4 times a day that are unberable.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks guys and gals

P.S I did tell my doc i was on the kudzu when he prescribed me the nasals and tramadol and he just said he never heard of it and that was all he said about it.

IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Can I take kudzu with triptans?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 5th, 2006, 5:47am »

Hi Craig. I'm not surprised that your dr hasn't heard of kudzu. Most haven't.
Anecdotal evidence suggests that mixing kudzu and triptans may have adverse effects. I can tell you that many testers have used both and not had any problems. One thing did come up though, and that is that taking Imitrex within 2 hours of kudzu can render the Imitrex ineffective. It may or may not be the same with Zomig.
I haven't heard of any problems mixing pain meds and kudzu. Hopefully, the kudzu will work well enough for you to stop the Tramadol eventually.
pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
chopmyheadoff
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

Its only a headache, deal with it - SMACK

« Reply #2 on: Dec 5th, 2006, 7:09am »

id try and leave the tramadol alone if at all possible mate - its only a narcotic and not a very strong one at that !!
if your planning on using it long term there are health issues to consider !!
IP Logged
CraigA27
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 5th, 2006, 5:19pm »

The tramadol seems to make me want to fall asleep nearly nodded off 3 times at work laugh

I have been reading about tramadol and it does appear to get a bit of a battering.

Probably gonna stop the tramadol go back on the kudzu and use redbull and cool and sooths for shadows and the nasals for the attacks. They are generally in the middle of night my attacks so ill take the kudzu a couple of hours before sleeping to try and avoid it effecting the nasals if i wake up.

Thanks for the input guys much appreciated
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #4 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 8:40am »

Craig, if you take your largest kudzu dose at bedtime, maybe add a little melatonin... you may not get those middle of the night horrors.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss