Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 16th, 2024, 5:36am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Reference list (5HT1-like and 5HT2A receptors) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Reference list (5HT1-like and 5HT2A receptors)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Reference list (5HT1-like and 5HT2A receptors)  (Read 1053 times)
bluebrain
New Board Newbie
Denmark 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reference list (5HT1-like and 5HT2A receptors)
« on: May 11th, 2007, 10:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

1.- Participation of 5HT1-like and 5HT2A receptors in the contraction of human temporal artery by 5-Hydroxytryptamine and related drugs. Verheggen R. et al, Departament of neurosurgery, University of Gottingen, Germany. (VERY IMPORTANT!).
2.- 5-Hydroxytryptamine receptors in the human cardiovascular system. Verheggen R.
3.- Functional 5-HT receptors in human occipital artery.
Verheggen R,
4.- 5-HT1B receptors and vascular reactivity in human isolated blood vessels: Assesment of the potential craniovascular selectivity of sumatriptan
5.- 5HT induced contraction of human temporal arteries coexpressing 5-HT2A receptors and wild-type or variant (Phe124Cys) 5-HT1B receptors: Increased contribution of 5-HT1B receptors to the total contractile amplitude in arteries from Phe124Cys heterozygous individuals. Verheggen R.  
6.- Receptor changes in cerebral arteries after subarachnoid haemorrhage. Hansen-Schwartz, J.
7.- Pharmacological properties of serotonin receptor subtypes mediating contraction of bovine inferior alveolar arteries. O'Donohue H.A. et al.
8.- Contractile 5-HT1B receptors in human cerebral arteries: Pharmacological characterization and localization with immunocytochemistry. Nilsson T. et al
9.-Vasoconstriction in human isolated middle meningeal arteries: Determining the contribution the contribution of 5-HT1B and 5-HT1F receptor activation.
10.- Pharmacological analysis of contractile effects of eleptriptan and sumatriptan on human isolated blood vessels. Van Den Broek R.W.M. et al
11.-Can we develop neurally acting drugs for the treatment of migraine. Goadsby P.J.
12.- Cluster headache: pathogenesis, diagnosis, and management. The Lancet, Arne May
13.- Occipital nerve stimulation for intractable cluster headache. The Lancet, Ambrosini A.
14.- Both migraine and motion sickness may be due to low brain levels of serotonin. American Academy of Neurology.
15.-Dropping acid may help headaches. Nature, Arran Frood.
16.-Effects of 5-HT1B/1D receptor agonist rizatriptan on cerebral blood flow and blood volume in normal circulation. Hidehiko Okazawa et al
17.- Serotonin and hallucinogens. Aghajarian G.K. et al.
18.- The drugs inside everyone's brain. Scientific American, Nicoll R.A et al.
Good reading, best wishes.
Bluebrain
IP Logged
Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

Re: Reference list (5HT1-like and 5HT2A receptors)
« Reply #1 on: May 11th, 2007, 8:30pm »

Thank you very much Bluebrain. Hope all is well with you.

Annette
IP Logged

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Arthur Conan Doyle
Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 13th, 2007, 7:02am »

Hello Bluebrain

Would you be able to post which journals these articles were published in please?

Without the journal names and the years of publication, its virtually impossible to find them.

Or are they books?

Please advice, thanks a lot.

Annette
IP Logged

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Arthur Conan Doyle
lonedog
New Board Newbie
Canada 

The clock is my worst enemy & best friend

« Reply #3 on: May 14th, 2007, 9:16am »

My DR. just got me on 5-HT1 (Maxalt RPD) and it is working better than I could have hoped for. I have been in a cycle since Mar 5th and they quit yesterday............VERN
IP Logged
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wide open till you see God, then brake

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 14th, 2007, 11:01pm »

I have a red pencil box!

Roll Eyes
IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
bluebrain
New Board Newbie
Denmark 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: May 15th, 2007, 3:16am »

Reference List:
1.- Br J Pharmacology, 1996
2.- Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 2006
3.- Archives of Pharmacolgy, 2004
4.- Br J of Clinical Pharmacology, 2002
5.- Pharmacogenetics and genomics, 2006
6.- Acta Neurologica Scandinavica, 2004
7.- Archives of oral biology, 2004
8.- Br J Pharmacology, 1999
9.- Br J of clinical Pharmacology, 1999
10.- European Journal of pharmacology, 2000
11.- Nature reviews/drug discovery, 2005
12.- The Lancet, volume 366, 2005
13.- The Lancet, volume 369, 2007
14.- American academy of Neurology, 2006
15.- News Nature, 2006
16.- J of Cerebral flow and metabolism, 2006
17.- Neuropsychopharmaclology, vol 21, 1999
18.- Scientific American, 2004.
Best wishes
Bluebrain
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss