Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 10:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Neuroton »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Neuroton
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Neuroton  (Read 347 times)
jimp63
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Neuroton
« on: Sep 17th, 2007, 2:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

After failed attempts over the last 8 months to abort this cycle, my Neuro has now prescribed Neuroton.  Has anyone tried this drug?  Was it successful.  I need some feedback before I move forward.  I'm waiting to start the p. cubensis therapy as soon as I have the fungi.  I'll keep everyone posted.  As usual, thanks for being there!
IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

Re: Neuroton
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 3:08pm »

BTDT...to no avail, for me....you may respond and others have.  

Medication Studies and Research From The OUCH Website  

PFDAN's
Mark

IP Logged

Click The Flag
totka2
New Board Old Timer
Hungary 

Oxygen

« Reply #2 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 3:14pm »

Neuroton is a vitamin B-complex. My neuro tried on me vitamin B-2 (sometimes good against migraine) in high dose as last weapon. The only effect: my piddle turned dark yellow.
Good lack to the shroom.
PF
IP Logged

http://www.clusterheadache.hu
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #3 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 3:32pm »

Do you mean Neurontin (by Pfizer, generic name: gabapentin)?

This is an anti-seizure med, of limited use to clusterheads.

Side effects are said to be mild, but a friend of mine tried it, and said the side effects sucked. Made him mean and nasty (he's one of those big gentle fellas) and did nothing for the headaches.  

YMMV.

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
jimp63
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 3:39pm »

Thanks for the clarification tommyd
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 6:02pm »

if neurontin....made me ill that's about all I can say.
It did not have a positive effect on the clusters
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 7:37pm »

I tried Neurontin for a month and couldn't stay on.  It made me seriously stupid.  For the first two weeks I had a constant two martini buzz.  After that I just felt numb.  I couldn't do my job and almost wrecked my car pulling out in front of someone.   That was my experience.

I know some people have had success.  I wish you the same.  If you do try it, please be careful driving and such until you know how the drug affects you.  

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #7 on: Sep 18th, 2007, 12:21am »

When I was chronic, I took it for a long time. I would get some let up in the kip levels, but I still got hit 4 times a day or more. I kept having to increase it, too. My all time high was 2400 mgs a day. Mostly, I used 1800 mgs a day. I was sluggish and kind of out of it. You'll have to detox from it in order to use clusterbuster treatments... it may interfere.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Batch
New Board Old Timer
USA 

FOX 2 - Check 6

Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 18th, 2007, 1:22am »

Jim,

I've taken Neurontin (gabapentin) for 18 months and only recently stopped the end of July when my last high cycle ended.  It worked in the sense that the attacks were less painful and less frequent, but it didn't stop them completely.  That was good in my book, and I keep a full Rx handy for high cycle times.

I titrated up from 600 mg. TID to 1800 mg. TID over a 5 day period per my neurologist's directions at NIH, Bethesda MD.

Other than a reduction in the frequency and intensity of my cluster headache attacks, the only side effects I had consisted of a three-martini "buzz" at 900 mg. TID, and puffy feet at 1200 mg. TID.  I found both side effects to be a very tolerable trade off.

I've been using  O2 at a high flow rate since the end of July so am not taking any other meds at this time...  The higher flow rate slams the beast dead in his tracks in 5-7 minutes if I catch it early.

Take care,

V/R, Batch
IP Logged

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, not any before nor after, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. Man has one virginity to lose in fighters, and if it is a lovely airplane he loses it to, there is where his heart will forever be.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss