Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 3:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « HBW Prep question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   HBW Prep question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: HBW Prep question  (Read 552 times)
billyjoe
New Board Veteran
USA 

Go Red Sox!

HBW Prep question
« on: Oct 21st, 2007, 3:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Any suggestions on how best to get the husks off these seeds?  I have read clusterbusters and searched this site, but using pliers is not working good for me.  I thought the husk would come off easy, but it is still attached to the seeds.  I also tried the pepper grinder, which worked a little better, but I'm not sure I got rid of all of the husks as they are hard to tell apart from the seeds when it's all ground up.  Sometimes, some of the husk stays in the grinder, but sometimes it gets ground up into little pieces and comes through with the seeds. The FAQ says the husks will make you sick, hence my concern.  

The RC seeds are having a limited, preventative affect with me.  It has gotten me off Trex and helping me sleep through the night, but not enough to get me off Verapamil completely.  I am down to 240mg, which I am happy about, but I still get shadows and mostly minor hits which remind me the beast is still with me.  I've been in this cycle since April and it's getting old.  In fact it's been getting a bit worse lately.  Fall cycle within a cycle?  Going chronic? Who knows or cares, I just want more relief.  Also, not holding out much hope on the shroom farming either.  If it's still growing, it's at a snails pace and the winter conditions will surly kill it.

Thanks,
Bill
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: HBW Prep question
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:37am »

I never did get the hang of peeling those lil suckers...  
now it's RC, all the time for me.  Undecided
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #2 on: Oct 22nd, 2007, 4:07pm »

Bill,
I've had a lot of trouble separating the HBW husks too.  I think some strains might be easier than others. Or it may just be that the more dried up they get, the more difficult it is.  At any rate, I just gave up and ground them into as fine a powder as possible, husks and all.  I soaked them in water in a tea strainer (or you can use an empty tea bag), dosed on the strained liquid, and I didn't experience much in the way of stomach discomfort.  You may or may not want to risk the stomachache.  HBW seeds have more LSA in them per gram than the RC's which in my mind makes them more desirable if you can avoid the stomach upset.  Good luck with your dosing, and I hope your cycle is over soon.
Pat
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
billyjoe
New Board Veteran
USA 

Go Red Sox!

« Reply #3 on: Oct 22nd, 2007, 4:54pm »

Well I guess I got most of the husks off as I didn't get sick.  I fell asleep watching the ball game and awoke to seeing that the Red Sox won. Yeah!  now I have to choose between my 2 favorite teams.  Good problem to have.

Back to the story.  When I woke I felt dizzy and kind of like a 4 beer buzz.  First time I have felt anything with seeds!  (5 seeds) I awoke around 3AM and felt a CH starting on the normal side.  I waited a bit and the pain moved to the other side, which as never happened to me before.  After a while the pain was gone and I went back to sleep.  Woke up feeling great with no shadows.  By noon, the shadows are back, but I'm hopeful that I stirred it up a bit and it will get better.

« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2007, 4:59pm by billyjoe » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss