Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 3:28pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « This may sound weird but... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   This may sound weird but...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: This may sound weird but...  (Read 3388 times)
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Re: This may sound weird but...
« Reply #25 on: Jan 19th, 2008, 3:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jan 19th, 2008, 1:42pm, Garys_Girl wrote:

That's real helpful, thanks. WTF?  

Where's yer sign.

IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
Garys_Girl
New Board Veteran
USA 

Kill the Beast!

« Reply #26 on: Jan 19th, 2008, 4:42pm »

on Jan 19th, 2008, 3:45pm, vietvet2tours wrote:

Where's yer sign.

Sorry - don't understand your question?
IP Logged

"It's comin' like a freight train - can't you hear it?" - Gary
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 20th, 2008, 1:06am »

on Jan 19th, 2008, 3:25pm, Gator wrote:
The people who recommended rubbing cat shit on your head and neck weren't selling anything either.

LMMFAO....(Catshit)....LOL Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

chewy

Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 20th, 2008, 4:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

IP Logged
Gadget_Ollie

Email

« Reply #29 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 3:10pm »

No, I wasn't joking to see how many people I could get to try this and no I don't sell mustard. For me, this really helped. Mustard, like coffee, constricts blood vessels.

I'm really surprised at some of the responses in this board, (not just this post, many other posts as well, including a few Private Messages in my mailbox.. Some were very kind, others were down-right insulting). I thought we were here to try to help each other through an impossible struggle, not ridicule people who post different (and, yes, sometimes weird) suggestions or ideas.  

Medications don't help all of us, so after more than 2 years of constant suffering and my liver becoming toxic from medication, I tried alternative methods. Coffee/caffeine was thought of as strange at one time for helping CH pain (and guess what...it's actually herbal not medicinal). Water also seemed strange at first (hmmm...not medicinal either). I figure some people believe that if it doesn't have a child-proof cap and it didn't cost $150 at the pharmacy then it can't possibly be any good.

I am suffering. I am trying anything and everything that I can to relieve this nightmare. I don''t care if it's herbal, medicinal, or cat shit. If it gets rid of this pain, I'll do it. When something helps, I want to pass it on.

Just because something is a weird idea, doesn't make it a bad idea. If just one person tried this and found some relief, then it wasn't a wasted post.
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #30 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 3:17pm »

on Jan 23rd, 2008, 3:10pm, Gadget_Ollie wrote:
If just one person tried this and found some relief, then it wasn't a wasted post.

Then why go on like your a card-carrying member of the perpetually offended party?

Weird ideas are going to generate some cynical (and sometimes hilarious) responses. Get over it. Grow thicker skin. Suck it up, buttercup.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Gadget_Ollie

Email

« Reply #31 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 5:08pm »

I'm not offended. As I stated, "I'm surprised".

Let's look at the number of stars under member's names. Four to five stars means these people have been around for a long time on this board and have seen alot and have a lot to contribute...let's call these the Wise and Trusted group.

Three stars..not around as long but still have been here long enough to be valuable contributors..let's call them the Respected group.

Then there are people like me, One star...New Comers.

When reading posts some may look at the replies and value the topic based on the comments posted. For example, the 3rd post in this topic was by a Wise and Trusted person. His post was 5 minutes after the original post by me. This person obviously did not have the time to try the soultion or research anything, but right away I was full of shit (and he didn't hesitate to tell me so in a PM).

New Comers may respect the opinions of the Wise and Trusted group members and look no further into the topic. In essence the New Comers may be robbed of an opportunity to explore something that may have helped them by listening to the negative comments (which, again could not have possibly been validated by the Wise and Trusted person).

Another example is the topic on the Goji berries. They may indeed have helped this person but the Wise and Trusted Group blasted it into shreds within an hour of the original post. Maybe it is a farse...maybe for some it may actually help. Can anyone here guarantee 100% that any post of a "Try This" will NOT help anyone?

I'm not saying everything is on the up-and-up with every post, I'm just saying that every post deserves a little consideration or factual research before a verdict is passed onto the rest of us.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but unexplored, "quick judgement" opinions may hurt more people than it helps.

I have stepped down from my soapbox.
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #32 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 5:26pm »

My opinion only: You put way too much time and effort into thinking about this stuff.

Here's how it works: You eat mustard to relieve you of the symptoms of CH. It works great. You share. Some people tell you to pound sand. Maybe one or two say they're going to try it.

Did I leave anything out?
IP Logged

vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #33 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 5:29pm »

on Jan 23rd, 2008, 5:26pm, brewcrew wrote:
My opinion only: You put way too much time and effort into thinking about this stuff.

Here's how it works: You eat mustard to relieve you of the symptoms of CH. It works great. You share. Some people tell you to pound sand. Maybe one or two say they're going to try it.

Did I leave anything out?

Yep cuz last time this maroon was extolling the virtues of ice as the complete abortive.

Potter
IP Logged

Gadget_Ollie

Email

« Reply #34 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 5:43pm »

Guess that blows my theory about the "Wise and Trusted" right out of the water  Cheesy
IP Logged
BlueMeanie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #35 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 6:09pm »

I really hate to invite someone to get sick, but gotta ask. Would one of you that say you'd do anything to stop a CH please eat 2 tablespoons of mustard and get back to us with the outcome. Then we will know to either use this method, or add it to the mile long list of bullshit remedies.
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #36 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 9:32pm »

on Jan 23rd, 2008, 5:08pm, Gadget_Ollie wrote:

His post was 5 minutes after the original post by me. This person obviously did not have the time to try the soultion or research anything, but right away I was full of shit .

LMAO! How long do you think it takes to eat mustard?
IP Logged
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #37 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:10pm »

Tried it Embarassed pretty dang sorry I did, but for the sake of science and fairness....mixed up a concoction of american yellow with colemans powder...was very spicy.  Made my nose run more, CH ramped up faster...sorry, for me this was a bust.

PFDAN y'all
kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #38 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:16pm »

Kathy - We're not worthy. bow
IP Logged

vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #39 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:59pm »

on Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:10pm, kcopelin wrote:
Tried it Embarassed pretty dang sorry I did, but for the sake of science and fairness....mixed up a concoction of american yellow with colemans powder...was very spicy.  Made my nose run more, CH ramped up faster...sorry, for me this was a bust.

PFDAN y'all
kathy

Good on ya fer that.  

potter
IP Logged

Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #40 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 11:07am »

Well, he's gone (but probably still watching) now, but what he and other newcomers with the latest cure fail to realize is that because we have been here a long time, in a lot of cases we have seen the same information posted as something new over and over again.  Over and over again, it has frequently turned out that the person was either selling something, trying to stir up controversy or was the victim of timing, ie the person's cycle ending about the same time as they tried their miracle cure.  Granted, this is the first time I've heard someone post that they consumed mustard to fight clusters, but generally it's the Same Shit - Different Shi+head.  

Some people just do not get that with all the lack of information, misinformation and unscrupulous people out to either make a buck or get a laugh off our pain, skepticism (preferably polite skepticism) is the order of the day.  For the most part, the replies in this thread were constructive or at least polite.  There wasn't anything here in this thread that should have run the dude off.  If the boy's skin is that thin, even his life outside of ch must be a total bitch.

Edited to get by the Damned censor
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2008, 11:22am by Gator » IP Logged
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #41 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 11:58am »

Case in point is how long it took me to post about 4-way.  Even after discussing it with a fellow member of this board who also used it.  People have to be careful with wording and things like that.  And for God's sake don't make promises.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #42 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 12:00pm »

Pardon me but do you have any grey poupon? Roll Eyes
Mustard..he..hee.hee.
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #43 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 12:29pm »

on Jan 24th, 2008, 11:58am, thomas wrote:
Case in point is how long it took me to post about 4-way.  Even after discussing it with a fellow member of this board who also used it.  People have to be careful with wording and things like that.  And for God's sake don't make promises.  

I think it was Flash but can you imagine the first person to bring 'shrooms to the MB? I for one am grateful he was persistant and didn't get run off.
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #44 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 1:42pm »

on Jan 24th, 2008, 12:29pm, JDH wrote:

I think it was Flash but can you imagine the first person to bring 'shrooms to the MB? I for one am grateful he was persistant and didn't get run off.

That deserves...

Blessed Be

Amen

HuuRah

and Fukenay
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
danielpeterson
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #45 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 2:03pm »

YES, I don't mind being seen as weird (I was a hippie in the 'Sixities) but it doesn't feel cool to sit in front of a quick-draw jury. ONCE I thought I might question some assumtions about our bodies being biological robots, and I felt overreacted toward. PSYCHOSOMATIC simply means that there is a mind and body connection, not necessarily that the pain is unreal or we are going nuts. (I have gone to ER twice with my CH.)
IS there something wrong with me talking to my head? (Just in case there is a "warring in my members" as the bible calls it.) Does talking to Archangel Michael about my condition make me a bad guy?  
LOVE, Daniel R Peterson
IP Logged
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #46 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 2:24pm »

on Jan 24th, 2008, 2:03pm, danielpeterson wrote:
YES, I don't mind being seen as weird (I was a hippie in the 'Sixities) but it doesn't feel cool to sit in front of a quick-draw jury. ONCE I thought I might question some assumtions about our bodies being biological robots, and I felt overreacted toward. PSYCHOSOMATIC simply means that there is a mind and body connection, not necessarily that the pain is unreal or we are going nuts. (I have gone to ER twice with my CH.)
IS there something wrong with me talking to my head? (Just in case there is a "warring in my members" as the bible calls it.) Does talking to Archangel Michael about my condition make me a bad guy?  
LOVE, Daniel R Peterson

January 23:  Your Wisdom Crown radiates with abundant light, this light has a crystalline matrix within it that attaches itself, so to speak, to your heart, illuminates your heart, anchoring your heart.  When you anchor the heart with the Wisdom Crown that you carry, then the kernels of divine wisdom become you, you do not need to find them, you do not need to seek for them, you are them.  Beloved Ones, be in the preciousness of your wisdom as Oneness comes forward.
IP Logged

chewy

Email

« Reply #47 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 3:28pm »

Who flipped over the "whacko stone" out in the garden unleashing a turrent of whackos?
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #48 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 9:45pm »

It's the full moon, dude.  All the weirdos are coming out.  Cool

IP Logged
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

« Reply #49 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 9:51pm »

moonwiggle
IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss