Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 11:11am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Non-Rebreather masks »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Non-Rebreather masks
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Non-Rebreather masks  (Read 666 times)
Elfdelite
New Board Newbie
USA 

Non-Rebreather masks
« on: Jan 9th, 2008, 1:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello, The last time I posted was about a year ago when I finally figured out what was wrong with my head.  This being after having been misdiagnosed with sinus problems, migraines etc...  So after I finally took matters into my own hands and after doing a little research on the internet I found this site and O.U.C.H., and I can't tell you what a relief it was to find others with the same symptoms as me and to know that my headaches had a name.  The unfortunate thing was that shortly after my first post here I reached the end of my cycle and I never followed up with my neurologist.  Well as you can tell I am back and I'm carrying the "devil" with me, so to speak.  After my first "dancing" lesson I got on the phone and called my neurologist and got in to see him ASAP, so armed with a ton of info from this site and others I went in and begged, pleated and offered my first born to let me give oxygen a try.  Dr. Reichert looked a little skeptical at first but I described all my symptoms going back 10+ years and convinced him to let me try oxygen and verapamil.  I have to tell you that the first time I aborted the pain with oxygen I swear I heard Beethoven's Ode to Joy!  The only problem I am having now is the medical supply company that gave me the oxygen stated they did not give out non-rebreather masks for home use due to the risk of suffocation.  So when I have to go on oxygen I have to cup the mask with my hands in order for it to do any good.  So my question is does anyone know if the non-rebreathers sold on Amazon are any good?  Or do you know of another place on the web where I can get a decent one for a fair price?

Here are the ones found on Amazon:

1st one
2nd one
3rd one
4th one
5th one
Last one

As always, thanks for all your support.
Ellis
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2008, 3:28pm by Elfdelite » IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: Non-Rebreather masks
« Reply #1 on: Jan 9th, 2008, 9:27pm »

GET THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.clustermasx.com/

Created by a cluster head and superior to anythin many of us have used by far

RE: suffocation
Never heard that as a reason for denial.
I am just given what is perscribed.
you can also get things like you posted which should do the trick but do not compare to the link I gave ya
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 9th, 2008, 9:31pm »

I don't think Ben has resumed selling them yet.

Hey Linda, this guy needs a mask  Grin

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 9th, 2008, 10:14pm »

You have an 02 supplier there that has them. Salt Lake City has to have a home med place. http://www.vitalitymedical.com/vitalitymedical.storefront/47858ced013e06 812719424d36230619/Catalog/129
Jeez..right there in town.
all the best
02 rulez
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10th, 2008, 10:34am »

Just a side note. Cut the straps off of the mask. There is a slight chance of suffocation if you put the straps on, fall asleep, and run the tank dry. I suspect that was the company's "concern"...as chicken sh$# as it sounds!!!!  

Way to be your own advocate and DEMAND the 02. My wife swears when I'm on cycle I look at the green E-Tank with more love then I show her!!!! Grin

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss