Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 11:21pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « RC Seeds - Shrooms - Nothing's Working This Time »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   RC Seeds - Shrooms - Nothing's Working This Time
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: RC Seeds - Shrooms - Nothing's Working This Time  (Read 911 times)
K-MAN
New Board Newbie
USA 

RC Seeds - Shrooms - Nothing's Working This Time
« on: Jan 14th, 2008, 5:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is one of the toughest cycles I've ever gone through, and the tried and true techniques of recent years are not working.  The RC seeds worked for the last two cycles like a dream, and now they aren't making a dent.  The mushrooms are my always-effective standby, and they are not working either.  Typically the shrooms get me 5 to 9 days of relief.  This time, nothing.  I got hit even as they were wearing off.  After that it's like I didn't take them at all.  I think the clusters have morphed around everything I'm throwing at them, and now my best tools don't even work.  After 23 years of clustering, I'm asking what do I do next?

Triptans are still working as abortives.  Red Bull is good this time but only if I catch the headache attack in the first few minutes.  Haven't had the greatest luck in the past with oxygen.  Called the doctor to get verapamil, but that seems like going backwards and using old technology.  Should I go back to kudzu? melatonin?   Those worked several years ago, but not in recent years.  I'm open to suggestions.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: RC Seeds - Shrooms - Nothing's Working This Ti
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15th, 2008, 12:45am »

Hi sweetie. (I am embarrased to say that I forgot your name)  Embarassed

I'm sorry that you're having such a bad time. It's not unheard of that sometimes we have to take a break from busting (and kudzu, BTW) before they work again.

If you're needing trex and busting hasn't worked... if it were me, I'd try the kudzu again. It's been a while, so it's more likely it will work.
You can add taurine supplements as well. Some take up to 2000 mgs a day with no ill effects. It's just taurine, so it won't keep you up.

Another try with melatonin should be OK.  

When you tried oxygen, were you using 15 lpm with a non-rebreather mask? If you weren't, I urge you to try again.

I'm sending vibes and prayers for a quick end to this cycle.

hugs, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
ski2k
New Board Old Timer
USA 

skipolak  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 15th, 2008, 3:57am »

Ditto on what Nani said, and double ditto on the O2. Higher flow rates are showing to be more promising. When I found this site 3 years ago, (if I remember right) the "norm" was 8-12 lpm. through a non-rebreather mask. Now some people are going up to 20 and above (though I think the "norm" is 15 lpm).  

Best of luck, and hope you have a short cycle!
Adam
IP Logged

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman
https://www.iamshaman.net/affiliatewiz/aw.aspx?A=1022&Task=Click
K-MAN
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jan 15th, 2008, 10:59am »

Nani and Adam,

Thanks for the words and good suggestions.  I'll start trying some of the "old" ways again.  My doctor just left his practice to work with athletes at The Cooper Clinic.  So I'm breaking in a new doctor (GP), and she's overwhelmed by all the info and crazy clusterbusting.  She's trying her best, and she hasn't kicked me out yet.  I'll check with her about the oxygen.  

And where can I get one of those masks you had at the Clusterbusters meeting in Austin?  Wasn't someone selling them online?

Taurine sounds like a good, low-risk bet, and melatonin couldn't hurt anything at night.  Kudzu might work again.

Thanks again.  I was getting slammed and just needed a plan of attack.

Kendall
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #4 on: Jan 15th, 2008, 11:07am »

on Jan 15th, 2008, 10:59am, K-MAN wrote:
And where can I get one of those masks you had at the Clusterbusters meeting in Austin?  Wasn't someone selling them online?

Those are available at www.clustermasx.com
I'm not sure if they are available right now, though. Check the website. I'll ask around in the meantime.
hugs, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
hotprestwich
New Board Junior
England 

Fuck the devil

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 15th, 2008, 11:23am »

If you have triptans in your system, and this is from the clusterbuster website, then the shrooms and seeds are not going to have a great effect,
have you detoxed before the shrooms, i think they say 5 days without meds i dont think the redbulls and 02 class as toxic meds,
there the only things i use
hope you get some pain free time soon
IP Logged

In heaven there is no beer so why not drink it while we´re here
Crappy
New Board Junior
USA 

__

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16th, 2008, 1:42am »

K-man,

Any updates on how your cycle went, what you used, and whether it was effective.
IP Logged

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence."
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss