Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 6:00am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Demand Regulators for O2 »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Demand Regulators for O2
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Demand Regulators for O2  (Read 1444 times)
lennycohen
New Board Newbie
USA 

Demand Regulators for O2
« on: Jan 16th, 2008, 8:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Does anybody know anything about attaching DIN-type scuba regulators to the larger oxygen tanks?
Here's a link to one of the better selections:

http://www.scuba.com/shop/killedproducts.asp_category_180

there are lots of the normal types available at a range of prices, the full mask one is the only one I've seen at around $340.

Some questions arise:  
Would you save money over the long term by not wasting O2 because you're using a demand system?
Would you be able to saturate better by inhhale, hold, exhale?
Is there an advantage to nose vs mouth breathing?
Am I just a typical male gadget freak?

Thanks

Lenny

IP Logged
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Re: Demand Regulators for O2
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16th, 2008, 10:38am »

Like the Reverend said.

Potter
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
hotprestwich
New Board Junior
England 

Fuck the devil

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 16th, 2008, 11:43am »

Hi there,
i use a demand reg on my o2 bottle, and it works just great, i do take in a huge breathe and hold it a little then exhale rapidly, somtimes i can abort in 5 mins,  
the demand reg works great, and dosnt waste any 02,
im a diver myself, and have 40 litre tanks of 100per cent 02, the only prob is i have to fill it every 2 days,
wich isnt such a biggie cos i work at a dive shop also
you can use a normal din reg or international, every connection is available (make sure the reg is 02 clean)
ive seen other regs melt right on the valve when its not been properly 02 cleaned, just look at dive rites website if you need anything,

i guess the only downside for demand regs is that you sound like darth vader.

hope it works out for you,
IP Logged

In heaven there is no beer so why not drink it while we´re here
Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 16th, 2008, 11:57pm »

on Jan 16th, 2008, 8:12am, lennycohen wrote:
Does anybody know anything about attaching DIN-type scuba regulators to the larger oxygen tanks?
Here's a link to one of the better selections:

http://www.scuba.com/shop/killedproducts.asp_category_180

there are lots of the normal types available at a range of prices, the full mask one is the only one I've seen at around $340.

Some questions arise:  
Would you save money over the long term by not wasting O2 because you're using a demand system?
Would you be able to saturate better by inhhale, hold, exhale?
Is there an advantage to nose vs mouth breathing?
Am I just a typical male gadget freak?

Thanks

Lenny

Dear Lenny:

I have a demand valve O2 regulator from MADA.

http://www.madamedical.com/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MM& ;Product_Code=1534MA

It requires another part:

http://www.madamedical.com/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MM& ;Product_Code=1635-1

Here's a photo of my rig:

Regarding the scuba rig, I don't have the answer for you, but I would think that any lubricants used in it might combust in the presence of pure O2.

Regarding saving money over the long haul, possibly, but it would be quite a long haul, judging from the price of this rig.

Regarding the O2 saturation, I feel that this is the best possible, with the exception of a hyperbaric chamber and it has worked for me many times within 5 minutes to abort a headache.  Your milage may vary, however.

Regarding breathing in through the nose (if it's not too congested) has the advantage of humidifying the air going to the lungs, making it easier to breathe and limiting the "cotton-mouth" sensation.

I'm a believer in the demand valve rig, and would use it if it is ever an option.

Thanks for reading and best of luck to you,

Ray
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
lennycohen
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 7:01am »

Ray - wow, nice set up.
Many of the scuba rigs are made with O2 compatible lubricants and are O2 certified, so the meltdown scenario can be avoided, but you have to be careful. Your rig is a way better solution, but the price tag - over $500 for the reg and another $100 at least for the valve adapter - I guess when I started looking at the  scuba stuff I saw one for less than $200. I'm still not sure whether the connectors will work - I'm going to go to a local scuba shop this weekend (after today's ice storm) to see if I can get any more info.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss