Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 10th, 2024, 5:09pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « My first treatment with RC seeds »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   My first treatment with RC seeds
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My first treatment with RC seeds  (Read 1749 times)
kingsiren
New Board Junior

Good Luck and God Bless!!!!

My first treatment with RC seeds
« on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 3:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

guyflash girlflash moonwiggle  moon headbanger shore smokin jammin bunnybash lick hammer mellow me&mb crackup Roll Eyes laugh bigtiny hiya Shocked finger
I know a week isnt a long time to tell but I didnt think the Kudzu was working well enough, the attacks started ramping up in frequency and pain so I quit the kudzu and after 2 days prepared my first batch of seeds. I am still taking magnesium and taurine but I quit the Kudzu & The Melatonin cold turkey. Thank God I have a nice big fat tank of 02 to suckle on when that evil bastard comes knocking because I hate the way Imitrex makes me feel.  
 I used 10 seeds that I got from Iamshaman, I know the faq says to start with 5 but I have had alot of experience with similiar substances(I wonder if that kept me from getting a cycle at a younger age, I partied alot from 15-22) so I wasnt afraid of any effects. Grinded the seeds and I allowed the 10 to soak in water for about 12 hours(havet had a drink in 15 years not gonna start now) and gulped the whole thing down. No side effects at all and I slept well through the night. Woke up at 11:30 with no shadow for the first time in 2 weeks(Im off work on a furlough Im not a lazy bum) and had no pain for 72 hours. Twice I had quite of bit of nerve activity minus the pain and my eye drooped and teared alot but no actual pain. I went to sleep at about 3 am last night and woke up around 5am with some shadows and it quickly ramped up to about a K2-3 and not a constant pain but it was coming and going in waves, I havent experienced that before. I used the 02 for about 10 minutes, the pain subsided and I slept the rest of the morning. When I woke up at 10 am I was fine and then at about 11:30 more shadows and anothe k2-3. 5 minutes of 02 and that was gone as well.  

I had a pain free day otherwise and I had an appointment with my regular doc for some bad muscle pulls in my neck and back. Told him how I was treating my cycle this time(no RX) and he told me I was silly, that there is no reason I shouldnt take prescription drugs if I was suffering. Blah blah blah, I go play poker with some friends and then when I get home I get hit with a very fast and intense k6-7. I strap on the mask and get in the shower and in about 15 minutes the attack subsides. I am going to prepare another dose, I think I am going to try 15-20 seeds this time. It has been 4 days since my last dose so tomorrow night I will try them again.

In my opinion, the Kudzu did have some effect but Im not sure that it was going to actually end my cycle I know my body pretty well and I just dont feel like it was gonna be 100% successful. I also now see that the seeds did have a positive effect and the attacks minus the pain tells me that its working. I really hope that the second dose does the trick, if not then I will up the dosage again and if that fails I will consider trying another clusterbuster treatment. I can't thank all of you enough for sharing your experiences here, I learn so much and I hope maybe someone else who is suffering finds as much help here as I have. I will update my progress and I am keeping a positive outlook on things, I see that there really may be a light at the end of the tunnel that doesnt involve turning me into an emotional trainwreck(prednisone) or a sleep, stupified zombie shuffling his feet around the house forgetting where he put his phone or his keys or his dog(Topamax). The work and research you other busters have done is amazing!!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2008, 3:52am by kingsiren » IP Logged

I have an ice pick being repeatedly stabbed through my eye, into my brain while 4160 Volts run through it as someone squeezes my eyeball. You get headaches buddy, I get the Beelzebub on Crystal Meth.
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

Re: My first treatment with RC seeds
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 8:11am »

Thanks for updating us with this promising report.   Some people clearly have better results with the seeds than others. Although busting a cycle completely with LSA can be difficult, there are lots of people, myself included, that have really lessened the frequency and intensity of their attacks during a cycle.  Please keep us updated regardless the outcome--it all helps to get the information out there so that people can make informed choices.  I'm hoping this cycle is on its way out for you.
-Patti

« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2008, 8:52am by pattik » IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
birdman
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Will try anything once!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 8:32am »

Great news!  I hope you get continued success.  When I tried RC seeds, the next day or so was always hell and sometimes even longer.  I think it definetly shortened a cycle once but did not terminate it.  Good luck on your treaments and keep us posted!
Tim
IP Logged
Beastfodder
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally

Re: My first treatment with RC seeds.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 8:35am »

Hopefully it'll work as good for you as it does others,

Finger's crossed sometimes takes a couple of doses to clear a cycle but guessing that'll not be a problem
IP Logged

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 8:48pm »

RC SEEDS ROCK Grin
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
kingsiren
New Board Junior

« Reply #5 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 12:12am »

I sure hope they work for me, as I have posted before I do not deal with the meds very well and any alternative is worth a shot. I had a few short attacks this morning that were easily aborted with 02 and I am going to take my second dose tomorrow evening. I am not complaining but this cycle seems very mild in comparison with my last two, not sure if that is because I started the Taurine/Mag/melatonin at the very start then got on kudzu.  My last two cycles I did a pred taper and was hit terribly for 2 weeks until the topamax finally gave me some relief. I was always leary of the Imitrex and felt like I would always pay the next dat when i used it, cant say the same for the 02. As much as I would love to end the cycle, if I could at least keep it this tame without the side effects of the RX I could cope. I will update Friday after I take my medicine again.

IP Logged

I have an ice pick being repeatedly stabbed through my eye, into my brain while 4160 Volts run through it as someone squeezes my eyeball. You get headaches buddy, I get the Beelzebub on Crystal Meth.
kingsiren
New Board Junior

« Reply #6 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 7:48pm »

I took my second dose last night at about 10pm, no side effects again even though I doubled the dosage. At about midnight I was hit with a k8-10 attack that came on full bore before I could even get my 02 on. I spent 45 minutes in the shower with 02, then another 15 minutes just on 02 until it was aborted. I was hit again, although not as severe a few more times before I finally passed out around 4am. I was awoken multiple times in the morning with shore severe attacks that were all aborted within 5 minutes of the 02, 5 times in all. When i got up at about 1pm, I felt like I had a crappy hangover, very similiar to how I feel after using Imitrex. I felt a bit naseous all day. No attacks this afternoon, just some nerve activity and a mild pressure in the eye. I will have to see how the night gos and I am hoping to get some relief within the 5 days to come. if not I will add another 10 seeds and increase my dosage to 30. I feel like I am getting relief in that the attacks are much shorter and easily abortible with 02, other that the first bad one after the treatment.
IP Logged

kingsiren
New Board Junior

« Reply #7 on: Jan 30th, 2008, 7:48pm »

So I had 5 pretty good days after my last dose, I only got hit once or twice a day, always early in the am(between 4&Cool and never worse than a k5. Easily aborted with 02, still haven't had to grab any trex. Monday morning things got alot worse, 4 or 5 K6-8 in the early am, had to take the 02 into the shower. Got hit 3 more times during the day. Decided to do a dose of 30 seeds Tuesday night. Tuesday was terrible, had about 9 attacks, 3 of them K10's!!!!! The 02 helped lower the severity but didnt actually abort the attack. Dosed 30 seeds at 10pm last night, got hit once at 6am (K7) used the 02 in the shower. It seems that the last 2 days the "burning" sensation has gotten much worse and Im not 100% sure but it seems like when I put on the 02 for bad shadows it will speed up the onset of an attack, increase the severity but still get it over much quicker. I had shadows start twice earlier in the day but less than 5 minutes on 02 and I was fine. I was able to leave the house for the first time in 3 days (other than to fill my 02 Monday and I got hammered driving to the gas supplier, couldnt use the k tank until I got home. Got crushed the whole hour I was in the car then another 30 minutes at home til the scalding shower & 02 helped.  

Like I said today has been alot better, I am getting the feeling that the RC seeds might not end my cycle but they seem to be reducing the amout and severity of the hits. I will update during the week and let you all know how the 30 seeds worked out. If I have a good 5 days I will try 35-40 seeds after the Superbowl. God willing i only have another 2-3 weeks left on my cycle, unless the higher dose works for me.
IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #8 on: Jan 31st, 2008, 8:51am »

Thanks for the new update.  Your bad day on Tuesday was similar to what I experienced during my first try with seeds. But for me, that high level of activity also marked the beginning of the end.  I hope you will find that your expected 2-3 weeks more of this cycle is greatly shortened.  Keep us up to date.

Patti
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Jan 31st, 2008, 10:09am »

The RC seeds made my last go around shorter and less severe but I was dosing a bit differntly than is common.  
I started the usual way and got up to 30 seeds which seemed to be the magic number for me.
By coincidence an inevitabel hit coincided with the timing of my next scheduled dose and within 5 miutes the hit evaporated completey. no shadows, nothing.
I began to dose when I felt a hit coming on and I would be good for about 24 hours or so.
I did this for a couple of weeks and with the exception of one 6 hour episode of multiple hits I was good to go.
The only other thing I was taking was taurine, with and without Redbull, usually around 8,000 mg per day in total.
In order to be able to abort the hits I always had 3 -4 perpared doses in the freezer, ready at a moments notice.
I haven't ever seen anyone else comment on using the seeds this frequently but it worked magic for me and I would (will) do it again.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2008, 10:10am by karma » IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 31st, 2008, 2:21pm »

30 works for me. Cool Once a month around the solstice.
thebb Cheesy
IP Logged

kingsiren
New Board Junior

« Reply #11 on: Feb 2nd, 2008, 7:45pm »

Well so far so good!!!!! I took my dose of 30 seed around 10pm Tuesday. Wednsday I got hit all morning and a few times during the day. The evening was fine, as usual. I had one K5-7 around 5 am Thursday and nothing since, not even shadows. I didn't even want to jinx myself and post yesterday I figured I would wait and see how I did last night and this morning before I started to celebrate. I am not going to declare myself out of a cycle for a few days but I am grateful just to have a few pain free days in a row it has been great. I'll post again in a few and let you all know how things turn out.
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #12 on: Feb 2nd, 2008, 9:11pm »

Sounds good.  Smiley

Your experierences with this are not so different than many others. I hope this is it for you, but if you have to dose again, things should only get better.

pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 3rd, 2008, 3:39pm »

Pain free is a wonderful thing. Cool
thebb
IP Logged

ski2k
New Board Old Timer
USA 

skipolak  
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Feb 6th, 2008, 12:59am »

Awesome!! So glad it's helping!

Kinda sound like me in your hesitation to declare the cycle busted. I just KNOW as soon as I do, I'll get hit!! (Even though it's been working for MONTHS now!)

Hope it just keeps getting better!
Adam
IP Logged

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman
https://www.iamshaman.net/affiliatewiz/aw.aspx?A=1022&Task=Click
kingsiren
New Board Junior

« Reply #15 on: Feb 6th, 2008, 7:34pm »

had a great 5 days pain free after my last dose. Then late Sunday after the Superbowl I had a mild K2, followed by a K4-5 monday morning. Had a few shadows throughout the day, nothing too severe bet definately felt like I was back in cycle so I prepared 40 seeds to take Monday. Had one very mild k1-2 early Tuesday and nothing since. I am starting a big job Sunday and will be stuck in Manhattan for 13-16 hour days all week so just to be on the safe side I will probably repeat that dose Saturday as it seems like the last treatment gave me a good 5 days in the clear.  

I have never had more than 24 hours pain free in a cycle before so I have to say that I am certain that the seeds helped me and I feel like they will bust this cycle. And although I never look forward to my next attack, I am pretty sure that if I treat myself immediately with RC Seeds that I can definately reduce the attacks and eventually bust a cycle. I wish the Kudzu had worked better, I do feel that it helped but it didn't completely prevent CH's. The seeds knocked them out completely and I will post again in a few days, hopefully I will be able to call my cycle busted!!!
IP Logged

thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #16 on: Feb 6th, 2008, 11:10pm »

Thanks for the update. Alternatives work for many.  Shocked I'm a believer. Wish we could find one thing that works for all (is free) Cheesyand does no harm.  
all the best
thebb
IP Logged

MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #17 on: Feb 7th, 2008, 1:04am »

Nice job. Sounds like the CH is well on the run.
IP Logged

MJ
kingsiren
New Board Junior

« Reply #18 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 7:43pm »

Well everyone, it's official I will now call my cycle busted. The seeds worked and I am so grateful to all of the other sufferers who paved the way with this unbelievably cheap, effective treatment. I would suggest, no I would urge anyone else who suffers from this horrible monster to try it, you have absolutely nothing to lose.
IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #19 on: Feb 15th, 2008, 8:46am »

Now this is news I love to hear. grin2 grin2 grin2  

Prolonged PF wishes to you.

-Patti
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #20 on: Feb 16th, 2008, 12:59am »

on Feb 14th, 2008, 7:43pm, kingsiren wrote:
Well everyone, it's official I will now call my cycle busted.  

YAY!  
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Feb 16th, 2008, 8:50am »

im right on your heels kingsiren. your post has paved the way for me, just ordered 100 RC seeds yesterday god i hope they get here soon. i was enjoying some pain free times due to the meds, but these damn shadows and kip 3-4 are making me belive the meds wont break this cycle so now im cutting out the topamax and the melatonin. woke up this moring with a kip 3-4 that scared the shit out of me. the 02 just dont seem to work for me i dont know why? i did 25 push-ups right away, it worked somewhat, but it feels like the beast is just waiting for me. this has been my worst cycle ever! i just hope i didnt screw up the order and these seeds get here soon. now that im off the meds i feel like im a sitting duck.  AHHHHHHHHHH !!!  sorry bout that. coach bill
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2008, 8:54am by coach_bill » IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
kingsiren
New Board Junior

« Reply #22 on: Feb 16th, 2008, 7:13pm »

I would suggest to keep some red bulls handy, maybe that in concert with the 02 can offer some relief. For me its also steaming hot showers while I wait for the 02 to kick in, you have to drain the mask a few times but the relief it gives me is so worth it. Good luck!!!!!!
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss