Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 5:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « weird cycle but I ain't complaining »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   weird cycle but I ain't complaining
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: weird cycle but I ain't complaining  (Read 286 times)
frisbee
New Board Newbie
USA 

weird cycle but I ain't complaining
« on: Jan 26th, 2008, 2:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey all,

Since O2 works very well for me I have never bothered much experimenting with much beyond Red Bull. During my last cycle a couple years ago I did Kudzu and it seemed to take some edge off but nothing dramatic. I always come back here during a cycle to see what the latest is. So, more as an experiment than anything, very soon after my cycle started I hit it with Kudzu, melatonin, calcium/magnesium, and taurine and not lightly, since there is not any toxicity concerns with any of them in the amount I used. I got it all from vitacost.com.

Kudzu: 12 1200mg taken 3 at a time throughout the day
Melotonin: 3 3mg time-released and 3 5mg before bed
L-taurine: 12 850mg taken 3 at a time throughout the day
Cal/Mag: 8 (nsi brand, about 2600mg cal/1400mg mag) 2 at a time throughout the day

And I ordered some RC seeds as well.

Here's how it went. A couple days of shadows and I got hit for real (exercised it away). Started the sups above on 1/11. A few days of 1-2 hits easily aborted with exercise and/or O2 (which has always worked like magic for me). Minor shadows but no hits! at for the week of 13th-19th. On the 19th I stopped all sups in preparation for RC seeds the following weekend (now). I thought I would get rebounded pretty bad during last week, but nothing but shadows. So here I am on the day I planned to do the RC seeds (untouched), with the O2 set-up, jars of supplements, and no hits! I even drank wine a couple nights ago to test--nada.

The shadows tell me the cycle isn't dead and buried, but this has been very very weird for me. I have had cycles since my early 20's (I'm 46 now) every 18-30 months which last for 8-12 weeks. Every cycle the same. 2-4 hits per day with 1 or 2 at night. Exercise alone works for the first couple weeks then I use O2 as well.

I know I should be jumping for joy, but I can't help thinking the beast is just toying with me somehow (jesus does that sound stupid or what?). At least there was a known quantity feel to my decades of cycles, but what's going on here...

Did the sups really pretty much abort a cycle when used for, what, 10 days? Seems impossible.

Am I still detoxing (after 7 days without) the higher dose of Kudzu and just haven't got a rebound yet? Seems unlikely.

I am curious as to what will happen, and have the O2 for another week before I'd have to pay another $170 or so for another month. Probably as soon as I send the O2 back, I'll need it. Wink

And do clusterheads "age" out of cycles or are there 80 year old clusterheads out there?

Anyway, I thought I'd share this with you all since I get so much from reading these boards...

Cheers,
Kirt

IP Logged
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

Re: weird cycle but I ain't complaining
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 8:05pm »

Hi Kirt Welcome

I’ve been running with a Taurine/Magnesium/Calcium regime since April 2006, that is when I realized I had gone chronic after being episodic.

I not taking the sups at the quantities you was so I don’t know if there would be any difference in the reaction time; if you have a look at the thread on this page under Taurine Update I have given a rundown on how the sups went for me.

Are you all the way through your cycle as would normally happen, I ask this as what you describe when you say “The shadows tell me the cycle isn't dead and buried,” is about the same reaction as what I got when I was going chronic (I sure hope this is not the case for you).

As to your question about “do clusterheads "age" out of cycles or are there 80 year old clusterheads out there”; I got my first ever cycle back in Dec 1999 then had a 5 year break until Dec 2004 and went chronic from there, I was 50 when I got my first now 59, if clusters go away with age then I’m going to live for a long time. Grin

Hope this helps
Cheers
Barry
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2008, 8:06pm by Barry_T_Coles » IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
frisbee
New Board Newbie
USA 

Re: weird cycle but I ain't complaining
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 10:55pm »

Hi Barry

Yeah, I saw your posts about taurine/cal/mag--which was a large part in why I added them.

I started the cycle less than 3 weeks ago--so, no, my cycle, or what has been typical for my cycle, is not even close to ending (8-12 weeks).

I should probably post a separate thread about the aging issue (just curiosity really), but what a drag for you to catch it so late, and then to go chronic. That sucks big time...

Thanks for the response.

Cheers,
Kirt

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss