Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 4:10pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sooooooo Tired ............. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sooooooo Tired .............
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sooooooo Tired .............  (Read 480 times)
LucyBee210
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Sooooooo Tired .............
« on: Jan 28th, 2008, 1:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My CH's started the end of December - they generally last 6 to 8 weeks.  I tough the headaches out when they start since medical intervention is not an option at this time.  The Melatonin did not work for me, nor does the water or caffiene so I pretty much pace the floor a lot with cold and hot compresses to my head and neck.  What I have found in just the last 2 nights is sleeping in an upright position - i've seen it mentioned here before and did try it in bed but I have no headboard and the upright pose didn't last too long before I was sliding down or sideways.. I found a comfy spot on the couch with 5 pillows and the back of the couch gives me the support I need so as not to slide sideways.. I've slept pretty good the last 2 nights with only a very slight HA early in the morning which lasts about 5 minutes.  Of course my back is killing me but I can live with that.  I am counting the days until this cycle ends ..
IP Logged
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Re: Sooooooo Tired .............
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 2:15pm »

And again ya never mention oxygen.

Potter
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 2:15pm »

I'm glad that you're seeing an improvement!

Ray
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 5:39pm »

By the time a cycle's over with, I usually look and feel as if I've been dragged backwards through a knothole.  

This stuff ain't easy.

Oxygen--well?

Best,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
outofcommission
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

damn......no place to park

« Reply #4 on: Jan 29th, 2008, 6:41pm »

on Jan 28th, 2008, 2:15pm, vietvet2tours wrote:
And again ya never mention oxygen.

Potter

o2 is awesome. i don't have insurance either. i get my o2 from a buddy. keep in mind when your at a kip8 orkip9 nothing is going to bring you down. if you can catch it at a 5 or 6 you can sustain that for 5 or 10 minutes and it usually won't escalate. not always but usually. also it seems that o2 will take a 20 minute screamer down to a 10 minute ride.15 to 25 lpm. anything you try give it 4 or 5 days and keep it in moderation. be patient. i know thats hard when your head is on fire.  sleeping sitting up and with the window open sucks. i know what thats like. one last thing. when i couldn't get any sleep i got on this site and obsessively fed my brain.
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2008, 6:50pm by outofcommission » IP Logged

that which does not kill you will only make you crazy, obsessive, and sleep deprived
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #5 on: Jan 29th, 2008, 6:50pm »

Been sleeping in the recliner off and on for a few months-don't want to wake my husband (he worries) and sleeping propped up helps.  Melatonin and benadryl also help and I'm also taking a half a tab of citolopram at night. (think its celexa?)

Still get hit within 30 minutes of laying down have to get up walk outside drink a glass of water....but I have managed up to 6 hours in a row of sleep.  What a difference that makes.  

Keep looking for a combination of sleeping position, room temp and pre-bedtime meds....something migh work.

PFDAnd especially N,
kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss