Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 10th, 2024, 5:15am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone get withdrawal from meds after cycle? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone get withdrawal from meds after cycle?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone get withdrawal from meds after cycle?  (Read 371 times)
ronan76
New Board Newbie
Ireland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Anyone get withdrawal from meds after cycle?
« on: Feb 10th, 2008, 2:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, i'm 10 days attack free and am counting my lucky stars !

However I am interested to find out if other med taking episodic sufferers get withdrawal after cycle? or hearing about similar experiences to mine...  

i'm weaning off cataflam (diclo.. potassium) from 150mg a day for the last month -  to 100mg for 7 days and finally 50gm for 7 days to finish.. I currently have 2 more days of 100mg before i'm onto the last 7 days..

I've found i'm very irritable at times.. very short fused, mood swings etc.. I've also found it very hard to get motivated in work..  

I am not normally like this so its quite obvious its the drug withdrawal... expected really ... anyway I'm interested in hearing similar stories..!

For the month of Jan i've basically taken between 1-4 zomig and 150mg potassium a day ...  Angry  
throw in some codeine and a dash of paraceatamol, lots of coffee and red bull - (cook for 15 minutes at 400F until golden brown .. Tongue  he he sorry )

PFDTA
Ronan
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2008, 3:54pm by ronan76 » IP Logged
otakuhouse
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Anyone get withdrawal from meds after cycle?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10th, 2008, 3:56pm »

ronan, i've always suspected that the serotonin level issue has a depressive side effect on top of all the psychology of these headaches.

i mean, think about the trauma that people who are tortured by repressive regimes go through and the lasting psychological effects.

cluster headaches are like getting tortured at random. it's gonna hurt you.  

i can't speak for your particular meds as i never used that course, but please please hear me out - codeine is an incredibly addictive substance that does have a withdrawal effect and in my experience not only does little for ch's, it can cause rebound headaches. during my first ever bout before i knew what they were i was pounding migraleve as i'd just come back from ireland.

i used to live in ireland and know you can get codamol over the counter. my advice is to stay clear of the stuff during cluster headaches. it's been established a long time ago that opiates are no good for these as the quanitities required to alleviate the intense pain are addictive.

i also suggest that in some ways it's harder for a partner than us - i don't mean to negate our suffering but they go through the emotional hit of cluster headaches but don't understand the pain so for them it's  even harder. i'll never forget the look on my girlfriend's face the first time she saw me go through a kip 10. broke my heart. be patient and hold onto the people who stand by you through this.
IP Logged
ronan76
New Board Newbie
Ireland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Anyone get withdrawal from meds after cycle?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13th, 2008, 10:09am »

thanks..

this was a bit of a stupid post on my behalf..  
its obvious that i was having withdrawal sympthoms..
didn't take that much codeine to be honest.. doesn't really agree with me.. thanks for your response.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss