Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 10th, 2024, 10:37am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Combo treatment that worked last night »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Combo treatment that worked last night
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Combo treatment that worked last night  (Read 875 times)
GonnabeatemJudi
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Combo treatment that worked last night
« on: Feb 16th, 2008, 8:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Grin
I slept all night after going to bed terrified because the shadows were so strong all day yesterday!  Here is what I did...
During the day, 1/2 of a 25 mg benadryl capsule every 4 hours.  Around 3pm a 10mg nasal decongestant (I used generic phenylephrine pseudoephedrine), at 6pm a Super B-Complex vitamin, at 8pm a whole Benadryl, at  
9pm a can of REDBULL and a 5mg melatonin right after that.  Went to bed early due to exhaustion from headache night before...  Woke up at 8:30 this morning folks with NO SHADOWS!  I will try same formula today and let you know.   I hope you had a pf night.  Peace.
GonnabeatemJudi
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Combo treatment that worked last night
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16th, 2008, 11:53am »

Good for you in getting some sleep.

Benadryl an antihistamine has been an old standby here for a long time and has helped a lot of folks get some sleep.

Ephederine has been used for hundreds of years for headache and bronchial issues.

Its important to note that if any heart conditions exist avoid these at all costs as a deadly potential exists.
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/Organizations/DDIL/ephedrine.html

That said I had used natural ephedrine in very low doses for years to treat the non attack side of CH and it completely eliminated shadows from my life and kept me alert between the hits and substantially increased recovery time from the hits and quality of life..

Just be aware of the potential side affects
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2008, 12:02pm by MJ » IP Logged

MJ
Mrs. Glenn
New Board Newbie
USA 

Cluster Widow

« Reply #2 on: Feb 16th, 2008, 3:46pm »

Thats so cool Judi!!  How did you come up with all of that?  Is this a combination youve been working on?  *writes all that down* Congratulations on getting some sleep!!
IP Logged
GonnabeatemJudi
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Feb 17th, 2008, 1:01pm »

Arghhhhhh.... did same thing yesterday and woke at 11:15m with the demon knocking hard... ran downstairs and chugged a REDBULL, no go... back downstairs to kitchen and chugged second one... waited in terror and then... in about 5 minutes... no more pain.  Thank you for ephedrine advice MJ, what is natural ephedrine?  I am new to this site so excuse ignorance when you read it... I am so open to all help... Have a daughter who is leaving for college next summer and do not want to waste this precious time in pain and/or exhausted.    
xtreme shadow today, gonna do a decongestant.  Tried a redbull to no avail.  PF day to all.  Judi
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Feb 19th, 2008, 12:28am »

"Thank you for ephedrine advice MJ, what is natural ephedrine? "

Judi, the quote above wasnt meant to be advice just a statement.
The use of ephedrine comes with its risks one of those risks if the drug is abused or misused is death.

But here it is. Be sure to read the cautions, side effects, FAQs and warnings

http://pharma-help.com/natural-ephedrine

IP Logged

MJ
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Feb 19th, 2008, 1:01am »

To add to this

Ephedrin, ephedra, pseudoephedrine, sudafed are or were the principal ingredient in the majority of over the counter cold and allergy medications. Sold without too much warning or with the print so small you can hardly read it.

Many other presciption meds ie; wellbutrin, zoloft and others are based on it.

Most of us have used it at one time or another.
IP Logged

MJ
GonnabeatemJudi
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Feb 24th, 2008, 12:15pm »

1st -Thank you for ephedrine warning, I appreciate it!  

How I came up with all that....
Traditional and alternative medicine combo treatment.  See later post as this does not work every time.  
Matter of fact, now have one pf night and next night two visits from the devil.   Tired today.  More later.  Peace and pf life t o all.   Judi

IP Logged
GonnabeatemJudi
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Feb 24th, 2008, 12:18pm »

How many of you use Imitrex?  Know of any side effects?  Thanks.  J
IP Logged
av8r3400
New Board Newbie
USA 

Still Alive and Kickin'

« Reply #8 on: Feb 24th, 2008, 10:44pm »

I've used Imitrex (injections) since it's introduction in the early 90's (?).  The old and new style injectors.  The new ones are very user friendly and can be operated even while battling the beast.    

I have not tried the "split dosing" yet but am considering it if I have to shoot tonight.  (I'm traveling for work for another 4 days and have a limited supply with me.)

For me the side effects have been minimal compared to a CH.  I will get some bruising on the injection site and a bit of the tingles during the chemical battle with the beast which subsides after the the CH fades (elapsed time for me is 10-15 minutes).  At my worst I have taken as many as 5 shot in a 24 hour period.
IP Logged

Av8r3400

Episodic for over 20 years
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss