Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 10th, 2024, 12:10pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « prophylactic meds - further »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   prophylactic meds - further
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: prophylactic meds - further  (Read 349 times)
siddli
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

prophylactic meds - further
« on: Feb 22nd, 2008, 6:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

my condition was cluster headache which became chronic (in case this was unclear).thankyou to all who have replied and who may do so-I had tried everything including including trigeminal nerve block until receiving candesartan.even surgery was under consideration.my hypertension came about from prolonged use of prednisolone (prednisone) and had not been a causative factor.I know,as do my fellow sufferers, that one med does not fit all but there may be others out there who may not have tried certain items and may benefit from the experience of others.For me the knowledge I am not alone with this monster is a relief in itself.Unfortunately for me the price of steroid use has been high - two cataract ops and thinned bones with wedge fractures in my spine.I feel the reduction in pain and being able to keep working was worth it though.My thanks go to the Western General Hospital (Edinburgh) DCN staff and my wonderful G.P. for ongoing support.
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: prophylactic meds - further
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23rd, 2008, 7:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

For Chronic CH, Lithium appears to have become the drug of choice. See the second link article.

Both of these links have excellent material but I suggest that you print the second one and share with your doctors. It's a nice tool to build a discussion of your options.

The first link is to a web site run by a headache doc in the U.S. and, while it has much information, it does take a little experience to use it--but recommended.  
-------------

http://www.headachedrugs.com/pdf/ha2006.pdf Dr. Robbins site. Then explore the entire site by deleting everything following. com/ and then hit enter.
======================================================================== =
Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH. Written by one of the better headache docs in the U.S.  (2002)

http://www.plainboard.com/ch/chtherapy.pdf

« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2008, 7:50am by Bob_Johnson » IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss