Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 12:43pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « My latest Fight »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   My latest Fight
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My latest Fight  (Read 1689 times)
darknight
New Board Veteran
Great_Britain 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?

Re: My latest Fight
« Reply #25 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 5:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi AV8r,  

have you tried 02?
I started Oxygen 2 weeks ago and was also pescribed the imigran injector. Still not touched the injector as the oxygen aborts them within 15mins, better than taking a draw full of pills!!!

PF wishes to all!! Smiley
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 6:16am »

Simon I just wanted to say how much it makes me grin when I see your posts and you banging on about O2, it is lovely to see you getting your life back and being so confident in your magic bullet (My little boy calls his O2 his "magic mask"!

I have to ask though - have you considered changing your telephone network to O2 yet?!
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

darknight
New Board Veteran
Great_Britain 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?

« Reply #27 on: Mar 5th, 2008, 7:18am »

tee hee, i feel its my obligation to make sure people try 02 at least, its better than all the tablets!!!  

No not changing my network lol although i may start the 02 appreciation society!!!
IP Logged
av8r3400
New Board Newbie
USA 

Still Alive and Kickin'

« Reply #28 on: Mar 6th, 2008, 1:41pm »

Sorry, been away for a bit.

Alan, I too was on the road when I started this thread.

I was off and on 80 mg of prednisone for 3 weeks.  I don't  recommend that!  I felt terrible.   I was able to finally start to taper down after I increased the verapamil to 600 mg (240 morning, 360 evening).

Do the "split dose" trick on the Imitrex!  Seriously, it worked for me too!!  Doubles (or more) the distance that it will go.

I am now down to 20 mg of prednisone and 360 of verapamil and have been PF for over a week.  (Knock on wood...)  I think I survived another bout with the beast.

Thanks to everyone here!  Two weeks on the road with the beast, you guys made it bearable!
IP Logged

Av8r3400

Episodic for over 20 years
GonnabeatemJudi
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #29 on: Mar 7th, 2008, 10:25am »

Hi all.  Update.  Red Bull worked sometimes and melatonin/benadryl worked sometimes.  Finally saw neuro after 3 weeks wait on Weds.  He was awesome!  Migraine sufferer (always seek neuro that has headaches of some sort - way empathetic!)  He gave me samples of Relpax (eletriptan HBr) 40 mg for preventive and percoset (sp?) for pain if the pain came anyhow).  First night, I did not take preventive cuz I try to stay natural and took 1 & 1/4 percoset when pain came.  After 20 minutes pain bearable, but strong monster shadows all night and no sleep.  
Last night I took 1/2 of the Relpax and woke at 6 am having slept since 10 pm and no shadows!  A couple times there is a nudge at my temple, but no shadows allowed!  If this works again, I will let you know.  
PF wishes,
Judi  Cheesy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss