Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 11:35am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « first attempt »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   first attempt
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: first attempt  (Read 762 times)
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

first attempt
« on: Mar 12th, 2008, 8:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am 7 hours into my rc treatment.  Did not detox the full recommended 5 days.  Its been about three.  I did not soak in water.  I crushed and dissolved under the tongue.  I may have not done it correctly.  So 6 hours in, I get a kip 3 for 1/2 hour plus.  Didn;t need the 02.  Too early to tell.  Also getting a real bad non CH headache all day.  I think it is withdrawal from verapamil.  Have taken it for 8 years and only did a 4 day taper.  Bottom line, I am looking forward to a follow up dose but possible improvement
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

Re: first attempt
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12th, 2008, 9:08pm »

Detoxing is tough. A four day taper from years of Verap is not really a good thing. Never quit anything cold turkey. Even coffee.
I failed the first time I detoxed. I was rushing it. Timing is everything. Seeds work best when soaked a minmum of 2 hours. I soak mine over night in the fridge. Dont let the bastard get you down. O2 and caffiene are a godsend when detoxing. One should always keep the doctor advised of medication changes. Keep the demon stick ready. The best way to bust an episode is shrooms(big hammer). Seeds are the small hammer and work well to keep an episode from starting.  Good luck with the follow up dose.twocents
all the best
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

Re: first attempt
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12th, 2008, 9:27pm »

Dam, I thought I read LSD was best followed by LSA then shrooms.  I know I am rushing it. I have a baby coming in a month and need to get rid of this cycle. They came in the mail and 10 minutes later they were in my mouth.  CH is not killing me today.   Its the withdrawal symptoms.  I'll do a follow up saturday or sunday using the soaking method
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss