Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 8:18pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « update »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   update
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: update  (Read 791 times)
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

update
« on: Mar 14th, 2008, 10:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

After dealing with over 24 hours of what may have been my first migraine ever, I  am cluster free for almost 2 days after the rc seeds.  I will no longer down play migraines as it was extremely dibilitating.  Thanks to extra strength tylenol and fever few, it is gone.  But there is something about these seeds that really works.  I dont't know if it made the migraine worse but I experienced no effects from taking them and my head is clear as a bell.  TO early to declare 100% success but for the first time in 2 months I am pain free without steroids.  I will keep posting day by day to give an update on the CH.  I think I am ready for a st. patty's day celebration and ready for this baby to arrive next month!!!!!
IP Logged
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

Re: update
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14th, 2008, 10:28am »

I hope this is the start of you getting your life back Kev.  Thanks for the update and good luck with the new family!!!

We love baby pics around here  Wink

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Superdave
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14th, 2008, 12:01pm »

Way to go Kev,

Thanks for the update, I'm really glad you made it through detox. Your the man!

Superdave  Cool
IP Logged

Wow! you mean it's just in my head?
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14th, 2008, 12:16pm »

Kev, thanks for the update! Smiley
It's great that things are looking brighter. Lots of PF wishes your way and yes, we love seeing baby pics in here, when the time comes, remember us. Wink

PF wishes,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Mar 15th, 2008, 12:29am »

Good news.  

Congratulations on the Baby coming too.
IP Logged

MJ
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16th, 2008, 11:26am »

Did a redose of 40 seeds yesterday at 11am and again 6 hours later I got hit at 5pm.  Then a minor kip 3 at 3am.  I have been forced take xtra strength tylenol and fever few for the last few days along with 1 imitrex tablet due to an unexplained headache that is not ch.  Feel good so far today.  Not sure if the other stuff I am taking is interfering with the rc seeds.  I will try another redose of 60 seeds on tuesday.  Anyone think 3 days between  redose is not enough time?
IP Logged
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16th, 2008, 12:02pm »

hey kev, good to hear your busten it up. but read the site on LSA, I would wait at least 5 days do to the slamming door theory. and there may be some lingering headache not CH almost like hangover, remember you were talking about going cronic, and look at you today, no meds only short CH and migraine. you told me you tried the crush tounge method, this time you may want to go with a crush and soak in water, or however since their is a few methods, but most imporant is you DID IT!! try to lay of the tylonel, try 02 for those migraine, im not the doc, im just saying keep it up!!!  coach bill
IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #7 on: Mar 16th, 2008, 12:46pm »

Hi Kev,
The Imitrex can definitely interfere with the action of the LSA in the seeds.  I don't think that Tylenol will be a problem.  Feverfew has been studied quite a bit, and from some of the abstracts I read on it, it affects some of the same brain receptors that the seeds affect, so feverfew could also interfere with Clusterbuster treatments.  I agree with coach Bill about waiting the five days after using trex and possibly the feverfew.  Stay strong.

-Patti
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
beachmusic

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 16th, 2008, 2:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Good luck Kev,  you have certainly had your hands full getting this far.  This stuff takes enough brain power to give you a damn headache!   Sounds like your getting lots of great advice.  Wishing you only pf days!!
IP Logged
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 3:53pm »

what the f*%*!!!  Yesterday I went for the knockout punch of 60 seeds.  Tried the soak for a few hours and  drink it down method with 3 days in between doses.  60 seeds may have been too much for me.  Though I felt no trip and without getting into too much detail, 2 hours later....lets just say everything in me came out.  So it may have all left my system but I am not sure.  5 hours later I got hit and expected it.  Had very heavy shadows last night.  Got hit at 6:30 this morning and again at 9:00 while stuck in traffic and a bladder full of Rock Star and coffee.  It wasn't pretty holding my bladder and holding a mask to my face while driving.  Any way, Iwill say I am feeling alot better overall since starting this but I am starting to wonder if this is my magic bullet.  How many times should I continue to do this?  Should I wait longer between does?  I will try another dose on friday or saturday.  I am just not sure how much I should take.  Maybe I should eat more prior to dosing as I only had a couple eggs a few hours befor my last dose.

Any insight from anyone and on how many does they took in a short time or how many it took to break the cycle would be appreciated.  I'm getting frigin frustrated and wondering if this crap will ever end
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 4:30pm »

I think the common dose is twenty to 30. When not in an episode I dose once a month. At the first signs of the bastard I dose. Seems to work. Try to hang tough the frustration will leave when the demon does.
RC seeds rock
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #11 on: Mar 20th, 2008, 2:27am »

Experience tells me seeds and eggs dont mix. Why? dont know.

Kev I think your dose was too high. You will hear differing opinions on this.
 Maybe as an initial dose it wasnt but as a subsequent dose it was probably too much. At over 30 seeds you start to feel the mildly hallucinogenic effects at 50 you start to understand why nobody takes these for recreational purposes. Below 30 for what may be an average male you might feel a slightly sedated effect.

The seeds make a great source of fiber and when drunk in solution they can clean you out quickly. Your stomach and intestinal tracks have the greatest source of serotonin in the body and the seeds "seem" to work on this.

My experience tells me that once an initial dose has been taken the closed door effect is over in about 6-12 hours. But the LSA cluster effect doesnt totally leave your system for what may be weeks or more. (thus folks dosing and controlling CH with monthly maintenance doses).

Therefore I feel a much lesser dose has more benefit after initial dose than a higher one. Its a chemical balancing act in my opinion.
Like BBZ said the normal effective dose seems to be between 15-30 RC seeds but many have good success with 8-15 seeds.
Its easy to overdo it thinking I should just hit it harder but doesnt work that way. In fact the RC seeds for me work contrary to most prescription meds.

Maybe wait a few days and retry the smallest effective dose where you felt no discomfort at all, I think your results will be much better and there is really no need to feel anything at all except a lessening of CH.

Its also fairly easy to abort a hit once the LSA is in your sytem with just a few seeds 2-5 sublinqually.

Do not mix other drugs with the seeds.
IP Logged

MJ
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #12 on: Mar 20th, 2008, 5:10pm »

Kev -  

Seed potency can vary quite a bit, and they can lose potency fairly quickly. A better estimate of the dose would be based on the 'side effects.' If you didn't feel any effects from the seeds, you likely didn't get too large a dose.  

For many folks, the main effect from LSA is drowsiness, rather that the stereotypical psychedelic trip. Did the seeds seem to make you feel sleepy, or seem like it's real easy to take a nap? (Keep in mind some people can indeed trip hard on LSA, which is why the recommendation is to start with very few seeds.)

You may simply be experiencing what I call slapbacks (slapsback?), where dosing will seem to set off more attacks for a little while. These attacks can be harder than usual, or they may come at odd times, or last longer or shorter than usual. But then things calm down after a day or two.

I have seen people get away with fewer, but five days is the safe bet for both detoxing and waiting between doses. So refill the O2 tanks (works great with the buster treatment), red bull, cold water, deep breathing, whatever helps you cope, and try and avoid the meds.

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Mar 20th, 2008, 8:01pm »

sorry to hear of the hits kev. i think 60 was to much. also you need to wait the 5 days, hang in there brother, also shrooms may be a option. and i have to ask kev, why didnt you just pee in your redbull can?? coach bill.
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2008, 8:07pm by coach_bill » IP Logged

kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #14 on: Mar 22nd, 2008, 11:54am »

Bill....I didn't want to slice my off my wee wee with those sharp edges or pee all over my self.  Tommy, I do feel extremly drowsy with the seeds.  No trip what so ever.  Major problem here now is that the o2 is not working very well.  I am forced to use imitrex as I am gettin ghit every 2 hours.  I may retry the seeds but at this time, Imitrex is the only thing that gives me relief and this morning I restarted verapamil hoping for a miracle.  But I delcare the beast the winner.  He has kicked aside everything I threw his way.  I surrender to you  you mother fucker. You win!  You happy now.  

I can't even work from home now as I am sleeping , sucking on o2 that doesn;t help or doing a billion push ups a day trying to get rid of the pain.  Fucking neuro on vacation til wednesday.  I guess I will try to force his hand on DHE or histamine desensitazation.  Though he has been reluctant to do anything but give me more fucking pills.  Well, here comes another.  I had a good hour and 20 minutes between these 2.  Thats barely enough time to take a shit and shower. Fuck off beast
IP Logged
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #15 on: Mar 22nd, 2008, 2:31pm »

((((HUGS))))  

Keep fighting bro.  There is an answer out there for you.

How often are you using Imitrex injections?  Is there a chance you've wound up in rebound hell?  Every two hours?  OUCH.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Mar 22nd, 2008, 5:08pm »

i know it may sound like shit kev, but im right there with ya bro, im right beside ya in every hit!!! dont worry man, it will end soon. i really wish i could help you more, your in a feirce battle with beast right now, and everything you throw at him is just bouncing right back, the beast is strong  and he knows your putting up a fight, but we never declare the beast a winner, so take back what you said in your mind.. and fuck the beast, GET UP NOW and just keep fighting this bastard. GO KEV!! coach bill.
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2008, 5:13pm by coach_bill » IP Logged

beachmusic

Email

« Reply #17 on: Mar 22nd, 2008, 7:49pm »

hug hug Big hugs to you Kev.  It has to get better.  

Everyone here knows so much more than me but how about going to the ER?   Isn't there something they could do while the **** neuro is unavailable?  DHE in IV form, etc.....Morphine drip, etc.
IP Logged
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

I thRe: update
« Reply #18 on: Mar 22nd, 2008, 9:31pm »

dennis......doubt its rebound hell yet but maybe thats next.  Good news, just caught one early enough with a rock star.   I'm taking the pills right now.  My mother in law, who has migraines gave me like 8 of them.  They work in about 10 mintues, Not too bad.  I got some advice on using a different regulator to go with a higher LPM.  I'll have to get that.

Beach....I think going to the ER will just get me treated for a current attack and they will send me on my way.  I do know people who work in hospitals, I may try to get them to pull some strings.  Who knows, I may call my doctors office on monday to see if someoone can do something.  Though it may be getting too close to my wife's due date (4/20)  for an extended stay but if I can get something set up quick, I may do it.

I thank everyone for letting me rant and rave like a lunatic.  I hope my foul language has not offended anyone.
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #19 on: Mar 22nd, 2008, 11:07pm »

Foul language is not offending me. The failure of the treatment does not surprise me. Proper detox and and administration of the of any therapy ,alternative or otherwise is key. From 02 to alternatives, and all in between ,proper administration is the difference between failure and pain free time. Keep up the good fight Kev. Never quit ever.
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
beachmusic

Email

« Reply #20 on: Mar 23rd, 2008, 5:03am »

Everyone  knows lots more than me but my first go round was a 58 day cycle  and was finally broken with a 5 day inpatient  stay.  Better now than after baby comes.   Wink  After that  I stayed out of cycle for 4 years Wink Wink

I believe that it was called DHE the Raskin Protocal, which included steroids.  Yes, this coming from the girl that "abhors" prednisone.   I am sure your doctor knows best, or atleast, we hope.

Cuss, Cry, Scream all you want!  Lean on us!  WE want you to feel better!!

Happy Easter and God Bless!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss