Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 2:27pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « No insurance, need O2 »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   No insurance, need O2
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: No insurance, need O2  (Read 1333 times)
W
New Board Newbie
USA 

One day at a time..

No insurance, need O2
« on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 2:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

He's not insured. He says he can't afford it, but I just came upon a good check. I'll do anything to help alleviate even a little bit of his pain. Where can I get O2 in (or near) San Francisco? Is it possible without a prescription and if so, how much will it cost?
-W
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: No insurance, need O2
« Reply #1 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 2:46pm »

Without a prescription, you have to buy it from a welding shop. Do not tell them it's for personal consumption or they won't sell it to you. It's exactly the same oxygen they sell to the hospital so don't worry about that.  

You will have to get a modified egulator and I don't know how to do that. If no one follows my post with instructions, send me a PM and I'll track down one of the experts on that stufff to make sure you get the stuff you need. Oxygen is fairly cheap. When my insurance wasn't covering it I was paying $11.00 for an e-tank refill.  

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 3:15pm »

Listen to the Italian. Welders 02. No perscription needed.
all the best
BTW: Get HIM to come here, we'll straighten him up.
all the best
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
W
New Board Newbie
USA 

One day at a time..

« Reply #3 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 4:40pm »

Thank you! I got some time to look through the message board and I found the DIY O2. I printed it out and I'm going to run it by him, but I'm a little nervous. I've never constructed anything like this before. Just for reassurance sake, I have one more question..

Can I possibly mess this up to a dangerous degree or is this one of those things that are fairly easy, safe, and self explanatory?
-W
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 5:02pm »

on Apr 2nd, 2008, 4:40pm, W wrote:
Can I possibly mess this up to a dangerous degree or is this one of those things that are fairly easy, safe, and self explanatory?
-W

If you dont feel safe converting a regulator on your own, buy one on ebay. You can get one for about $25.

Get a medical regulator that goes up to no less than 15 liters per minute and MAKE SURE it has a CGA-540 connector!!!!!!

If you have any questions just send me a PM!  Wink
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 5:15pm »

If you dont feel safe converting a regulator on your own, buy one on ebay. You can get one for about $25.  

Get a medical regulator that goes up to no less than 15 liters per minute and MAKE SURE it has a CGA-540 connector!!!!!!  

If you have any questions just send me a PM!  

He's one of those "experts" I was speaking of!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 5:28pm »

on Apr 2nd, 2008, 4:40pm, W wrote:
Thank you! I got some time to look through the message board and I found the DIY O2. I printed it out and I'm going to run it by him, but I'm a little nervous. I've never constructed anything like this before. Just for reassurance sake, I have one more question..

-W

I am sorry, I am not sure I understand what you mean about the DIY O2.  Are you talking about doing some sort of a chemical reaction to make oxygen?  Like a DIY oxygen generator?
If this is what you are talking about, i would caution against this.

IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 5:40pm »

B, I think thats "Do it yourself"....though I could be wrong.  Wink
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

DragonSlayer
New Board Veteran
USA 

That pain is only 1/2 as bad as you think it is!!!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 10:24pm »

on Apr 2nd, 2008, 5:28pm, BMoneeTheMoneeMan wrote:

I am sorry, I am not sure I understand what you mean about the DIY O2.  Are you talking about doing some sort of a chemical reaction to make oxygen?  Like a DIY oxygen generator?
If this is what you are talking about, i would caution against this.

MoneeMan

Check out Batch's post (at the bottom of the page) here:

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=chspecific;a ction=display;num=1140471647;start=25#25

I believe this the DIY O2 referred to.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2008, 10:28pm by DragonSlayer » IP Logged

Mr. Spock tried Vulcan mind meld during one of my K10 hits. You saw how he reacted on TV... then the movie "he's dead Jim"... But he came back....
Ob1kanobee
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 10:55pm »

See my thread titled "cheap oxygen"
IP Logged
Trooper
New Board Junior
USA 

I ain't skeert!

Email

« Reply #10 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 11:39pm »

I originally posted the DIY O2 as a question to Ob1kanobee's thread "Cheap Oxygen". It was by no means meant as a guide on how to go about obtaining O2. I think you will get a better understanding of how this process works by reading the original thread.  

I will tell you that it all sounds scary and harder than it actually is. I thought the O2 would be the hard part but that was the least difficult. I just had a little confusion over the regulator. Welding regulators are 540's and medical regulators are 870's. Also, commercial  O2 uses PSI and not LPM, that is a medical term.  

Lots of people on this board use O2, some get it from medical supply and others get it from welders supply. It is the same O2, delivered by the same method, but the terminology is a little different.  

I am more of a visual person so none if it made complete sence to me until I had it all in front of me. If I would have known it was this easy I would have done this 3 years ago!

Thanks guys for all your help.

IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Apr 3rd, 2008, 5:11pm »

on Apr 2nd, 2008, 11:39pm, Trooper wrote:
Welding regulators are 540's and medical regulators are 870's. Also, commercial  O2 uses PSI and not LPM, that is a medical term.

Medical regulators that are used on the larger medical tanks have a CGA-540 connector. so, it operates using LPM.

They can be used on all welding 02 tanks.

« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2008, 5:12pm by Jonny » IP Logged

- Guiseppi

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss