Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 5:17am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Aloe Gel »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Aloe Gel
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Aloe Gel  (Read 5002 times)
Ellick
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

ET found here.

Email

Aloe Gel
« on: Apr 9th, 2008, 7:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,

Long time since I have been on here. Hope you are all as pain free as possible.

The reason I have come back online is someone has emailed me (uninvited) who told me he got my name of a 'Cluster site' . Below is the copy of this email.

Anyone heard of this before?

best wishes to you all.

Ellick

' I got your address from the Clusterheadaches website. I hope you don't mind me e-mailing.
Do you still get headaches ?  
 I'm 35 now & I had them for 10 years. They'd come without fail every 6 months or so, 1 or 2 times a day for about 4-6 weeks.
 The reason for my mail is that for approx. the past 18 months I have been totally pain free.
It happened by accident. My wife had heard about Aloe Vera being good for joints & so I was drinking a pure gel to help with an old football injury. It seemed to be working nicely & I wasn't getting the knee pain anymore, then after taking it for a few months I realised that I hadn't had a headache when I was expecting to have one. I have religiously drunk the gel ever since & touch wood I have still not had any. I have waited a year before I contacted the site because I wanted to be sure that it was working.
I have spoken to a GP about it, Dr Peter Atherton who says that the Aloe Gel can definitely help, as long of course as you have discovered from your own GP that there are no underlying problems.
 Because of the results, I have since been recommending & helping people with all kinds of conditions including IBS, Asthma, eczema etc.
 Aloe has 12 natural substances that have been shown to inhibit inflammation without side effects, & it is this that I attribute to having halted my attacks.
 I can send you some information if you are interested. All the drinks come with a 100% money back guarantee so if you don't benefit at least you've tried something natural with no side effects.
 Because I understand how intense the pain can be, if I can help anyone else the way I've been helped then I just want to spread the word.
 Please let me know if I can send you some more info in the post'
IP Logged

ET
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: Aloe Gel
« Reply #1 on: Apr 9th, 2008, 8:22am »

great for sunburn and I am sure for other ailments.
If it "can't" hurt go for it BUT NO I never heard of it and am quite skeptical
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Apr 9th, 2008, 8:28am »

If you want to try it, you can buy it locally. Don't buy it from him.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #3 on: Apr 9th, 2008, 8:30am »

Walgreen's sells it pretty cheap.

If you're head still hurts you can use the rest for razor burn. Works great for that.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #4 on: Apr 9th, 2008, 8:31am »

Quote:
I have waited a year before I contacted the site because I wanted to be sure that it was working.

I haven't seen any posts here on the site about an aloe vera remedy.

Quote:
I have since been recommending & helping people with all kinds of conditions including IBS, Asthma, eczema etc.

All the drinks come with a 100% money back guarantee so if you don't benefit at least you've tried something natural with no side effects.

I just want to spread the word.

This would be the best place to spread the word, of one person, if it was nonprofit info only to themself.  

« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2008, 8:47am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: Apr 9th, 2008, 9:04am »

$ound$ more like a $ale$ pitch than an "I just want to help you" type of e-mail.  

I can't find anything about aloe helping ch in any reputable medical resources.

I wonder how many others got a similar pitch?
IP Logged
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 9th, 2008, 10:00am »

Dr Peter Atherton  

Whilst ALOE VERA is not a drug or medicine its natural juice contains naturally balanced nutritional supplements, with many additional benefits. No medical claims are made, but there are a growing number of the medical world who find ALOE VERA to be very effective. Dr Peter Atherton is now an adviser to Forever Living Products. He qualified at Leeds University in 1968. Subsequently he obtained a diploma in obstetrics and then became a member of the Royal College of Practitioners. "I have been in General Practice of one form or another, including Military Service both at home and abroad for 26 years. I am currently the Senior Partner of a Group Practice and my special medical interest is Skin Disease, having gained 3 years experience working in the Department of Dermatology at Stoke Mandeville Hospital". Dr Peter Atherton.  

http://www.zoominfo.com/Search/PersonDetail.aspx?PersonID=641918361
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #7 on: Apr 9th, 2008, 10:55am »

Quote:
I can send you some information if you are interested. All the drinks come with a ...

from Forever Living Products site, with a nifty link for becoming a distributor:

Quote:
You can purchase Forever Living Products only through Forever Living Distributors. Yes, you can become a distributor very easy and it is free.  

Since FLP has over 150 products and several lines we will divide these products in several categories so you can easily find what you are looking for.

When you become FLP Distributor you will be able to buy merchendises at discount, (and sell them for a 43% profit suggested price).

« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2008, 11:13am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Ellick
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

ET found here.

Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 9th, 2008, 2:15pm »

I wasn't thinking about trying it, although I never rule anything out.

I was more concerned that someone got my personal email from a cluster site.

Seems like targeted selling to me.  

I have seen some on this site before but general to everyone with the usual responses such as sex and travel.

Ellick.
IP Logged

ET
monty
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Apr 9th, 2008, 3:35pm »

I'm a bit skeptical of this - aloe has lots of useful properties, but not sure that they would be helpful for CH.  The anti-inflammatory properties of aloe get compared to indomethacin in some respects, so maybe it is a better candidate for helping with CPH.  

Did find a little on aloe stabilizing mast cells, which means they are less likely to dump their histamine and serotonin bombs (cause of swelling and facial redness in CH). But antihistamines do the same.  

The blatantly commercial nature of the email downgrades it in my way of thinking. Seems like a random scam - while aloe might somehow have a beneficial effect, I don't think the email was based on anything solid. For IBS, eczema, asthma, there is research.
IP Logged

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #10 on: Apr 9th, 2008, 4:04pm »

Sounds like some marketeers (rhymes with "mouseketeers" ) are doing some data mining.  

If they're getting e-mail addresses off the profiles on CH.com, though,they're probably having to do it by hand--underpaid grunt work of the worst kind, performed by sweat-shop laborers in Gondwanaland.

So far, I haven't gotten anything--but my spam filter is tweaked so high it probably squeaks.

Best,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss