Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 11:50am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anybody Know.... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anybody Know....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anybody Know....  (Read 1081 times)
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

Anybody Know....
« on: Apr 9th, 2008, 4:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

anything about this steaming pile of 'Cure'?

http://www.clusterheadachecure.com/index.php

IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: Anybody Know....
« Reply #1 on: Apr 9th, 2008, 4:49pm »

You see Paul?  This is what you get for not coming around often enough.  Check the Alumnus board.

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 9th, 2008, 7:32pm »

Rehashed information taken from various sites around the internet.  Stolen without attribution.  bunk.

Wouldn't buy it for a nickle.

Wouldn't buy it with your nickle.

Wouldn't buy it period.

Ray
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

« Reply #3 on: Apr 11th, 2008, 10:24am »

Can't OUCH revoke this retards membership and threaten a lawsuit for using the OUCH name for profit??
IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
MinxKittten
New Board Newbie
USA 

Supporter

« Reply #4 on: Apr 11th, 2008, 7:51pm »

why do they allow this person/company to advertise at the bottom of every page on this forum if its a pile of crap thats available for free??

IP Logged
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

« Reply #5 on: Apr 11th, 2008, 10:28pm »

I am no expert but I would imagine the advertising fees  clusterheadachescure pays helps keep this site running.  Now this is just my opinion......maybe we shouldn't even comment on it if we do not like it.  

However......I would hate to see people waste money on something.  We waste alot of money treating CH as it is
IP Logged
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

« Reply #6 on: Apr 12th, 2008, 8:30am »

on Apr 11th, 2008, 7:51pm, MinxKittten wrote:
why do they allow this person/company to advertise at the bottom of every page on this forum if its a pile of crap thats available for free??

Google Adsense.  The links to the ads are generated by the subject matter that is posted.
IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 12th, 2008, 12:51pm »

It's a bunch of commom information available for free. Compiled and dressed up with a price tag.  
Stick around more. Where's the cool picture that goes with this post?
See ya Vig
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
wildhaus
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Switzerland 

« Reply #8 on: Apr 12th, 2008, 2:12pm »

I am not an English native speaking … but if I am not wrong, the word cure means:
I have resolved the situation (Clusterheadaches, in this case) and do not depend on any “external” help, that is, constant use of meds, or other remedies, or dependence on technical devices…….  

As I understand, there is no(!) known cure to CH, and I believe I am very well informed,
if not trough self search, or help from CH.com and many of its members,
also through the Pain clinic / neurological Clinic in St-Gallen Switzerland.

Any one using the term Cure for Clusterheadaches, is, or a charlatan, or hopelessly misslead dreamer,
or, as in the case of the book (Cluster cure, by Richard Falconi)  , promising cure, a simple liar, making money on the desperation
of the sufferers….

The same works for all the promising cures, using dubious remedies, if I depend on using the remedies
I am not cured, I just “hide” or what ever the situation is called, I depend on the remedy, and therefore I am not cured!  
and in most of the cases, the remedies do not even provide (the promised)
relive, let alone a cure.

As in my case with the “Injection…..”  I wish I had the cure…..  I don’t. What I (might) have is a better
(another) way to deal with CH, but not, in no way a cure……

So to all the new (as I am) members of the family, just read and “listen” to the advice given by the
“old foxes” they (mostly) do know, and have (unfortunately) the experience, search on “this”
board, it’s a vast Know-how data base, Go to OUCH US another place to look for help or OUCH UK,
and read,

Just please, don’t fall for all these charlatans and deceiving advises, as I did about 2.5 years ago,
the Sinus buster.  
Some of them call them self sufferers, and pretend to be members of this community,
they pop up from time to time, and spread false hope, and “cure” promises

(we do have some very good “watchers” that “sniff out” the “false prophets” and point them out
as a warning for us all)

If you don’t know, not sure, have a question, just post it, I am sure some one, if not more,
will provide you with a solid advice, or a place to go look for the right advice, be it about O2,
alternative ways (CB) or simply a listening ear to ones pains and problems.

Michael
IP Logged

stevec
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Apr 13th, 2008, 12:52pm »

Melissa is right.  The ads are automatically generated by Google Adsense.  It reads the text on the page and selects ads that seem to be related to the subject matter on the page.  Clusterheadaches.com almost certainly has no input on these ads.  This site may or may not support these links.

My son ran a minor blog on a Linux server, and he installed Google adsense just to see what happened.  Basically he got a few pennies each time that someone clicked on a link.  If you click too many times, the Google server figures out that you couldn't have visited the site seriously.  So, if you want to give a few pennies to this site, click on a link, go to that page and click on a couple of links on the remote page.  Then return here.  You will have made a very small contribution to clusterheadaches.com.  If you see an ad for a site that you are opposed to, click on it often.  That site is charged a fee by Google for sending an interesting prospect to it, so you cost them money!
IP Logged
tony-PA
New Board Newbie
Italy 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: Apr 13th, 2008, 5:30pm »

Great, stevec.  Wink. And GREAT is OUCH  Grin
Beside ch matters, i can undestand other things.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss