Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 11:53am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Vitamin D3? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Vitamin D3?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Vitamin D3?  (Read 3315 times)
Tom K
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wait 5 days, but I'm angry now...

Paintba11z

Vitamin D3?
« on: Apr 18th, 2008, 10:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I know I haven't been on in forever and a day, but have been keeping the beast at bay the best I can.  Saw my doc today and she said something about Vitamin D3, helping?  That there is a study that shows a majority of CH patients that are seen by this doc in NY(?), have a major deficiency of Vitamin D, specifically D3.  Has anyone heard of this?
IP Logged

"America, you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind. America, America."-Bart Simpson
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

Re: Vitamin D3?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18th, 2008, 10:36pm »

How are the twins doing, Tom? It's been WAAAAAYYY too long since we've seen pics of them. They're probably driving by now. Grin
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
jon019
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
USA 

"Ya gotta believe!"

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18th, 2008, 10:48pm »

Hi Tom,

I'm thinking I've read that MOST northern hemisphere
folks have a D deficiency. I take lots, for lots of reasons,
CH aint one of them (no effect, for me, there).

Regards,

Jon
IP Logged

"The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names." (that's cluster headache doc)

Chinese proverb
Tom K
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Paintba11z

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18th, 2008, 11:35pm »

on Apr 18th, 2008, 10:36pm, brewcrew wrote:
How are the twins doing, Tom? It's been WAAAAAYYY too long since we've seen pics of them. They're probably driving by now. Grin

Hey, what's up?  The twins are great, everyone is healthy at the moment, a major accomplishment, and we are busy as all get out.  I have pix on Snapfish with a link here, http://www2.snapfish.com/share/p=720181208575157038/l=372658848/g=768524 47/cobrandOid=1000131/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB.  18 months on Monday, it's really hard to believe that it has been that long.  

Back to our program...I have been taking 6000mg for about 5 weeks and it seems to make my Zoloft work better.
IP Logged

"America, you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind. America, America."-Bart Simpson
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #4 on: Apr 19th, 2008, 1:59pm »

Very cool pics, man.

So, the vitamin D you're taking includes D3 or is it just D3 that you're taking?
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 8:45am »

The container may only show "vit D" and we need to read the label to see the form of "D" used.
----------------------------------------------------------

Rev Med Interne. 2008 Apr 10  
[Vitamin D2 or vitamin D3?]

[Article in French]

Mistretta VI, Delanaye P, Chapelle JP, Souberbielle JC, Cavalier E.

Service de chimie médicale, CHU de Liège, université de Liège, domaine du Sart-Tilman, 4000 Liège, Belgique.

PURPOSE: Nearly one billion people around the world are deficient in vitamin D and need to be supplemented. Vitamin D is available in medicines and fortified foods. It is available in two forms: vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) and vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol). KEY POINTS: The pharmacopeiae consider these steroid hormones as equivalent and interchangeable. However, several studies have showed that serum level of 25(OH)D is increased more effectively with vitamin D3 than vitamin D2. Vitamin D2 has shorter plasma half-life and a lower affinity for the vitamin D binding protein, the hepatic vitamin D hydroxylase and the vitamin D receptor. CONCLUSION: Vitamin D2 should not be regarded anymore as suitable for supplementation or fortification. Currently though, it is still the most used in some countries such as Portugal and Australia.

PMID: 18406498 [PubMed]
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2008, 8:47am by Bob_Johnson » IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Tom K
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Paintba11z

« Reply #6 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 4:54pm »

I'm taking D3.  I'm taking it because my doc has me on Zoloft as a preventative.  I've been getting trigger point injections of Serapin every 6 weeks and the D3 seems to help those work, also.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss