Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 2:48pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Alternative treatment interested persons... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Alternative treatment interested persons...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Alternative treatment interested persons...  (Read 1345 times)
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Alternative treatment interested persons...
« on: Apr 19th, 2008, 4:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

There is a program being aired on the History Channel tonight at 10pm/9central time.  

Payote to LSD  

From the preview, it appears the documentary will discuss use of psychedelics throughout history and within primitive tribes as religious/ritual practice.  I'm taking an educated guess it's going to also discuss it's development through science etc.  How accurate it will be, is anyones guess but it could prove interesting to see what is covered and how on or off base the information really is.

Posted for educational and informational purpose only.

Pegg,

( The History Channel addict )
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

Re: Alternative treatment interested persons...
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19th, 2008, 10:22pm »

Dr. Halpern was just on there.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19th, 2008, 10:28pm »

Yep I just saw him too.

Interesting stuff so far.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20th, 2008, 1:36am »

I think it was very well done.  Simply a historic and research based documentary.  Past and semi-present.  Chronologic overlaping of research and social poularity, and put in a time line that is undeerstandable.  

Renound researchist Medical  commentary such as Halpern, and Hein, and the anthropologists on the trec that was filmed.  I guess I would say it was pretty informational.  I liked the presentation.  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #4 on: Apr 20th, 2008, 8:29am »

Did it go on for more than an hour? It broke for commercial at the top of the hour and I figured it was done. I know I was done. One hour of that self-involved Wade somebody-or-other, who had no problem injecting his narcissitic curiosity on Native Americans and the people of Oaxaca was more than enough for me.

If the show got into medical applications of indole ring hallucinogens after 10:00 p.m. CDT, I missed it.
IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #5 on: Apr 20th, 2008, 9:22am »

on Apr 20th, 2008, 8:29am, brewcrew wrote:
One hour of that self-involved Wade somebody-or-other, who had no problem injecting his narcissitic curiosity on Native Americans and the people of Oaxaca was more than enough for me.

...but on the plus side, at least we finallly learned how to pronounce "Ololiuqui"  
  grin2
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #6 on: Apr 20th, 2008, 9:55am »

on Apr 20th, 2008, 9:22am, pattik wrote:
...but on the plus side, at least we finallly learned how to pronounce "Ololiuqui"  
  grin2

Grin
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss