Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 3:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Verapamil Dosage »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Verapamil Dosage
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Verapamil Dosage  (Read 1698 times)
JohnWF
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

Verapamil Dosage
« on: Apr 25th, 2008, 5:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've been taking 240 mg of Verapamil 3 times a day (720mg)  for the past 10 months.  Compared to past years, and for the most part, the clusters have been "in check."  I consider it to have been a good year.

About two weeks ago, the beast rose up to 2 or 3 hits a day.  I felt like the Verapamil just abandoned me--  but I kept with it.  I added 2 mg. of Ergotomine and 9 mg of Melatonin at bedtime, and now I am also doing a failed prednisone taper (so I'm really drugged up).  I have an appointment with my Dr. on Tuesday.  

Since Verapamil had worked so well, could it be that I just need to increase to 960mg?  I've read how some folks take higher doses of Verapamil.  Is 960mg the high point of Verapamil use?  Does anyone out there think that as one increases the Verapamil dosage over years, that the beast just wants more and more over time?  Is there no end?

I do appreciate your help!  Thank you.
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Verapamil Dosage
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25th, 2008, 8:51pm »

See my response in the "meds working" message.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2008, 8:54pm by Bob_Johnson » IP Logged

Bob Johnson
JohnWF
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 25th, 2008, 9:58pm »

Thanks Bob Johnson!  I guess I had missed your post; I guess too I'm just thinking out loud.  I'm a bit down that the headaches have returned with such anger.

Take care.
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 25th, 2008, 10:03pm »

Ask your doc about mixing in Lithium with the verapamil, that combo stopped 85% of the headaches for me and lots of folks.

..................................Jonny
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

syrs842
New Board Newbie
USA 

A GOOD NITE SLEEP ALL AROUND

ptsayers
Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25th, 2008, 11:09pm »

Wow what news to give my brother he suffers from CH and has for about 5 years. Verapimal is what he is taking. He was telling me the other day that he started to get a  headache and thought it was something else. I wonder if it the beast coming back. Angry
I also am a suffer but due to low blood pressure I can't take any of those things.
Pat
IP Logged

Pat
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss