Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 3:36pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Started a Cycle - Seeing Dr. Tomorrow »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Started a Cycle - Seeing Dr. Tomorrow
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Started a Cycle - Seeing Dr. Tomorrow  (Read 2210 times)
let_her_flicker
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Started a Cycle - Seeing Dr. Tomorrow
« on: May 11th, 2008, 5:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,

Never had to visit here much as a cycle occurs for me usually every 2 or 3 years for about 6 to 8 weeks.  Guess I have the best of the worst.

This time Verapamil 360mg is not working.  The O2  I have only delivers a max of 8 liters of flow.  

I am seeing Dr. tomorrrow and I assume I should ask for a new regulator that delivers 15 liters of flow and should look for increase of in Verapami.

Other issue  I have is that I suffer from PTSD and currently taking 300 mg of Welbutrin and also have low testosterone and use 10mg of Androgel (athletes call it the "Clear"Wink  Mayo Clinic website talks about Serotonine and Testosterone possibly influencing cycles.

Was wondering if those two drugs could inhibit the effectiveness of "abort" therapies as I was not on them during the last time which was over three years ago.

Thanks in advance.
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Started a Cycle - Seeing Dr. Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: May 11th, 2008, 8:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I should not be concerned with drug interactions which you ask about. I would print this article and use it to lead a discussion with the doc about your options.

http://www.plainboard.com/ch/chtherapy.pdf

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH. Written by one of the better headache docs in the U.S.  (2002)

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss