Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 7:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « some help with mushrooms »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   some help with mushrooms
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: some help with mushrooms  (Read 429 times)
kareno
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

some help with mushrooms
« on: Dec 19th, 2002, 6:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been coming here for 27 months looking for help for my daughter who is cronic since Sept. 2000.
She is 22, started as a eposodic for 1 yr then went chronic. We have been to 5 nurologist, pain management, physco-to learn to live with pain.  She has been on Depacote, Oxygen, Topamax(still on that), nerotin(spelled wrong) Lithum, paxil, Imitrex injections, steroid and may other preventives, she has been given Percocet, stadol, oxycodin, methodone, and flyntl patches, morphine and others for pain.  She has been hospitalized 5 times. Needless to say CH have destroyed her live, had to drop out of college and move back home.  
I have come to the conclusion there are no doctors who can help.  We are now with a nuro. who specializes in pain, and he can not stop theses headaches.  She gets 2 to 8 per day. She went from a size 10 to a 0. She always throws up when the pain is an 8 or higher.  I had one doctor tell us it could not be CH because of the throwing up, what an idiot.  She had all the test, MRI, cat-scan, spinal tap, we even had a gastrologist check for bacteria.  \
Anyway we decided to try the mushrooms, she did her first dose 1 month ago but she got very little effects but there was an improvement for about 5 days.  We could not find any more until last week, she did more this time, I would say she got to a level 2 on pinkys scale and this week she has only had 2 headaches at about a level 2 and they only lasted around 20 minutes but she had a couple days where she said the pressure was there most of the day.  This week has been the best shes has been in 2 years.  She will take them again tomorrow night, I hope to God this may been the answere for her.  
I don't think she could have made it through another year of that hell.  If anyone here is chronic or have tried the mushrooms please let me know your experience. May you all find something that helps you.  Noone deserves this.Undecided
IP Logged
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: some help with mushrooms
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 6:46pm »

kareno - what a mom. I am in awe. Here's a site that may help. I haven't tried this treatment method, but if my normal set of meds stopped working, I'd be on this in a heartbeat.
Good luck
domm

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_medical1.shtml

You can also do a search for *shrooms*. There are tons of posts about this here.
IP Logged
ave

Email

offer them, or didn'tRe: some help with mushrooms
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 8:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Kareno, I took mushrooms because I can, where I live, and because I'd rather take some chemicals - as nmushrooms are - just once, instead of lots of chemicals all the time.

But I have had good results with verapamil and with Oxygen. You don't mention these. The doc didn't  suggest them? Or didn't they work?

Since shrooms are illegal in the USA it might be wise to have a back up system. Check out all the buttons on the left of the screen and check out the doctors' list on the ouch site (also, buttons left).

Good luck with caring for your daughter.
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 1:42am »

Karen,

It's good to hear that your daughter is receiving partial relief from dosing, that in itself sounds promising.  I believe Henk was chronic but was able to achieve remission after multiple doses.  Please keep us posted on how she's doing! Smiley

-R
IP Logged
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 9:31am »

Congrats Kareno, and I hope your daughter continues to have success.

Here are 2 links for you to look at...plus there are "experience posts" compiled for the last 2 years or so.  

http://home.attbi.com/~rwold350/

http://www.geocities.com/ClusterBusters2002

Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: Dec 21st, 2002, 2:21am »

Kareno-

Thanks for being such a great supporter!

-R
IP Logged
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #6 on: Dec 21st, 2002, 5:27am »

Greetings Kareno! Welcome!
I think it's way cool for you as a mother,to step outside the square, to look for answers and to go out of your way  to score illegal substances that might help your daughter! You are brave! And a wonderful supporter.

Your story is much like Mopar's - heaps of meds, chronic and no success. I think it's great that you were all brave enough to try this and really pleased to hear that it might just be your daughter's magic bullet.

Thank you for posting.
We'll be thinking of you this weekend and wishing you all the best. Give your daughter our love and best wishes.
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
sanjay

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 21st, 2002, 11:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Kareno,

Glad to know that the Shrooms are working for your daughter. They have worked for me, & I too am Chronic.

Here's what I have posted in September 2002 :

===============================
Turned chronic in Dec. of 2000. In 2001( June / July), I dosed 4 times (1.5-4gms),
to no real effect. After each dose, the intensity / frequency was reduced for a week, and then
back to normal it was. At that point I was at my worst. Was getting hit 6-7 times a day, all 7+.
No medicine was working.  
I then went up to 720 mgs. of Verapamil, and that helped. Life was livable again.
Unfortunately, I had to reduce the Verapamil dose 'cause I developed Gingival Hyperplasia (swollen,
tender gums). I dropped the dose slowly to 480 mgs. , and am still on that today. However, the  CH's
then came again on a daily basis, so I tried the shrooms again, and this time they Worked.

In March this year, I took 2 gms, with barely any effect. ( most probably old stock that had lost potency)

One month later, in early April , I dosed on 2 gms. again.  
This time, the results were great. I got ONE month of relatively pain free bliss... only the  
occassional shadowing.

Ever since then, I have been redosing once a month with 1gm. of dried shrooms (achieving a level 2 trip), with similar results.

The last dose in June gave me relief for 2 months. I redosed approx. 1 month ago, and it's still holding.

====================

I dosed in the middle of August, and that dose lasted till early Dec.
I dosed again in early December, & it's holding just fine.

The Shrooms do work....
& I'm ever so gratefull to Pinky for his guidance and support.

Pl. feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Regards

sanjay
IP Logged
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #8 on: Dec 21st, 2002, 4:33pm »

Cool post sanjay!
Thank you for sharing with us and explaining it so well.
Rapt that you're having success!  
Long may it continue!
Happy daze!
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 21st, 2002, 10:52pm »

Interesting Sanjay.
My experience:
I'm a weeny episodic, once a year for 3 months sufferer.
I first dosed at the very beginning of my cycle.  PF for 2 weeks.
Dosed a total of 4 times, 2 weeks apart.  2gms, level 1.5 or 2 trip.  Stopped dosing because the shrooms made me sick, and it was hard getting to the toilet when the floor was waving around.
So, anyways, I started up on Verap immediate release, only 240mg a day, and it WORKED!!!
Verap has never worked for me.  This was the easiest cycle I've ever had.
I'd like to thank the shroom guru's too, and the clusterbusters.
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss