Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 6:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Depakote »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Depakote
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Depakote  (Read 391 times)
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

Depakote
« on: Dec 25th, 2002, 7:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone had any success with Depakote?
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
Silver_Dolphins
New Board Veteran

Do you nervously await the blows of cruel fate?

Re: Depakote
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25th, 2002, 8:17pm »

Hi JDH,

I am taking Depakote and Frovatriptan. The Depakote as a preventative and the Frova as the abortive. I have been taking this combination for one week and have slept for 4 nights without interuption from the Beast. However, I am still having daytime attacks (Kip7 was most severe) everyday, and of course the shadows from midmorning on.

I hope this works for you.

PFDAN

Silver Dolphins a/k/a Barry
IP Logged

Through the corridors of sleep, past the shadows dark and deep, my mind dances and leaps in confusion. I don't know what is real, I can't touch what I feel, and I hide behind the shield of my illusion
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 3rd, 2003, 1:29pm »

i am having succes with depakote and verapamil

240mg verap day and night

1000-1500mg of depakote extended release at nght

good luck

any questions email me
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 6:16pm »

Hi JDH

Sorry to say that I had no success with depakote.  I took 500mg daily for 5 weeks and then 1000mg daily for about 2 weeks.  I was getting hit up to 8 times during the day and nite.  I think it made my cycle worse.  Of course, it may have gotten worse without the depakote.  Who knows.

Good luck.  I'm glad it's worked for some people here.

Wishing you all PFDAN always, Linda T
IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 7th, 2003, 11:24am »

Sorry JDH, but I'm with Linda on this one.  The only thing it did for me was put on weight!   Angry

Keep the faith though - some people have had good results with that medication.

Mia
IP Logged
Tim_Z
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 21st, 2003, 11:07pm »

I just started depakote on Sunday, 1000 mg a day and tapering off Verapamil. Things are going well. I've been having CH's since August having at least 2 a day, been using lots of Imitrex. Today I commented to my Wife how I didn't have a headache for over 24 hours, She said I jinxed myself and sure enough 2 hours later it hit me. I've tried so many things and nothing seems to work for long. I hope my cycle is ending. Good Luck PFDAN
IP Logged
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 27th, 2003, 2:13pm »

Que Interesante!

I did the Verapamil/Depakote combo for nearly one month, then tapered completely off the Depakote and received 2 glorious months of pain free living! Until yesterday. Seems the verapamil just 'plain quit' and I'm back to the exact same routine as my chronic condition always reverts to. Ack!  

As a further experiment, I may again begin the Depakote and attempt to wean from the Verapamil and see if there's any luck.  

Also, I understand that there is precedent for working drugs to suddenly become impotent------  just terrific.

nots

IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss