Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 1:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Stadol or Lidocaine »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Stadol or Lidocaine
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Stadol or Lidocaine  (Read 436 times)
JoeyT

Email

Stadol or Lidocaine
« on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 3:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Has anyone had any luck with Stadol NS or Lidocain 4% solution nose drops.  I did have a little luck with Lidocaine many years ago but I remeber getting it in the right spot to abort a headache was hit and miss at best.  I tried Stadol NS but don't remeber if it gave me any relief.  

I on my way to my doc and need to get ANYTHING that will help these headaches.
IP Logged
Larry_James

Email

Re: Stadol or Lidocaine
« Reply #1 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 9:04pm »

I have tried the stadol nasal spray.  It numbed the pain for me, however it made me very naseaus and I could not go to sleep until 6 in the morning.  I had a stadol shot from urgent care once and it worked much better, however it also kept me awake.

My personal opinion is that it was no better than suffering through the cluster attack. Angry  I tried this before the doc prescribed maxalt and oxygen.  The maxalt works every time for me.

Summation - I have a 60.00 bottle of stadol that I will not be using again. ;D
IP Logged
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My Dr prescribed Stadol NS during a nasty cycle about 5 years ago and there's no way I'll be using that stuff again. It was like tripping WITH the CH still raging on!
I didn't go back after that, too scary for me.
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 8:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I also snorted a whole bottle of Stadol NS a couple of years ago......no luck. Made me sick and made my head spin but it still hurt like hell. I have had very little success with any narcotic pain reliver and CH. Now when I broke my arm.....
Good luck,
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
ed

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 8th, 2003, 3:32pm »

My spouse is a sufferer.  He has taken Stadol for about 5 years & it the only thing thus far that he has found to relieve the pain.  It makes him sleepy & wiped out, but it does kill the pain.  However, after using it during his last cycle which ended in January, his eyes have been left being very light sensitive.  But, he said he would still use the Stadol, despite his eye problem.
GOOD-LUCK!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss