Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 5:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « third time shrooms »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   third time shrooms
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: third time shrooms  (Read 603 times)
ave

Email

third time shrooms
« on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 5:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

After "suffering" from silent attacks from early spring, (that is, sensations crawling over my skull and behind my eye etc., without any  pain), pain started to seep into the picture again.

I decided to go for the shrooms again.

First time I did that, the attack pattern shifted, I used to get low level attacks 1/2 times a day, sometimes with a little pain.

Those subsided.  

Beginning of last year pain was introducing itself again, I tried my second dose, which set the whole system on its rear end once more. Silent attacks, but rather frequent, 4/5 a day every day. But no pain, so who's complaining? (Except the one time I forgot myself with liquorice! I will never do that again).

This time, it felt like the first time, less of a high (thank heaven) but after that a whimpy headachy feeling, and the realisation that a big fat pressure had been lifted off my right temple.

I get little stabs again, 1-2 times a day, fraction of a second. I am happy. For the moment. Hasn't been a week since, yet.

But Pinky and Flash rock - or whatever it is is you Americans say.

IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: third time shrooms
« Reply #1 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 5:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thanks for the update, Ave.  Please keep us informed.  There are some here who will be traveling the same path as you in the near future.
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 6:50pm »

You mean all those years I was doing preventative medicine?   ;D ;D (acid, not shrooms)  
Ditto to what EA said, Ave. Keep us posted.

domm
IP Logged
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 3rd, 2003, 12:39am »

Thanks so much for the update, Ave. Every report we receive (good OR bad, but of course I am delighted that yours is good) adds some knowledge. I know you are not fond of the "side-effects" of the fungus so I am happy to hear you found it less bothersome this time.

Were you taking any other CH meds at all or relying strictly on the mushrooms?  

pinky

IP Logged
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #4 on: Jan 3rd, 2003, 4:29am »

Happy New Year to you ave!
This is great news and most encouraging! We hope that 2003 finds you totally PF! Thanx for sharing!

Yes domm You were doing preventative meds all that time!!! Maybe you should never have stopped!  

Happy daze to you all
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
ave

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 2:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

To Pinky (and the brave heart who is collecting all this relevant material), no, I was not taking anything.  
The attacks went on the low level back burner of their own sweet selfs.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss