Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 2:43pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « butorphanol? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   butorphanol?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: butorphanol?  (Read 660 times)
stan
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

butorphanol?
« on: Jan 7th, 2003, 7:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

After two years of pain free living, My CH's returned just before Christmas.  I  have used prednisone in the past to make them go away but I am  starting to have more side effects from this method.  My MD just sent me home with butorphanol spray.  Has anyone had any success with this?
IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

Re: butorphanol?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 7th, 2003, 7:49pm »

Apparently the brand-name is Stadol NS.

Maybe that will help someone.   (Not me)
IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 7th, 2003, 8:02pm »

Stan:

You might want to take a look at this.

http://www.yourlawyer.com/practice/overview.htm?topic=Stadol

Grant
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 7th, 2003, 8:03pm »

This is the generic of Stadol Nasal spray.  If you do a search you will find posts in the archives about this.  I used it for aprox a year.  I found it would help abort my ha or at least put me in a place where I didn't care if I had a ha.  It would make my lips turn puple, make me very out of it and incoherint, make me go to sleep 95% of the time.  It is very potent stuff.  It is also very addicting and I found myself building up a tolerance fast.  I started I spray in one nostril.  Then my dr. changed it two one spray in each nostril (2sprays) then I upped it myself to 3 and 4 sprays.  It did nothing for me at 4 sprays.  Keep in mind I was also using it a couple times a day as directed.  I told my dr it was useless and that I tried a really high dose and not to give it to me anymore.  My husband couldn't stand to be around me when I was on the stuff.  I would recomend trying it but be carefull and forwarned it is potent stuff.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
stan
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 7th, 2003, 8:11pm »

Thanks for the information, sounds like I may want to get back on prednisone.   It usually puts me into remission. The stadol sounds dangerous but when a CH is raging,  danger isnt so dangerous if that makes any sense.
IP Logged
jamie_h
New Board Newbie

Whad up!!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 7th, 2003, 10:23pm »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

stan,

Stadol is highly addictive and it made me nauseas and an insomniac!  I could not function on this stuff and I have always had a very high tolerance to drugs.

Pred and verapamil have helped me tremendously with Maxalt and O2 as abortives. Cool
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss