Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 11:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « [color=Blue][/color]Update for Mushrooms Treatment »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   [color=Blue][/color]Update for Mushrooms Treatment
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: [color=Blue][/color]Update for Mushrooms Treatment  (Read 599 times)
kareno
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

[color=Blue][/color]Update for Mushrooms Treatment
« on: Jan 14th, 2003, 8:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I had posted here 3 or 4 weeks ago telling you about my daughter who has been chronic for over 2 yrs now.  We have been to many doctors and tried every drug on the market along with nerve blocks.  She tried the mushrooms 4 times now, 7 days apart and this last week the Headaches have stopped.  It has been 10 days now HA free.  She has not been this long without a "10" HA for over 2 years.  She was getting any where from 2 to 8 HA per day.  We are so happy.  I don't know yet if this will last but even this amount of time has given us hope.  The after effects are nothing compared to the drugs she has taken.  She is smiling, laughing, talking, working again.  I can not believe it.  I would like to thank Pinky for the post on this site for the mushrooms treatment.  We would have never known about this treatment if not for you, THANKS.
I will post again in a few weeks to keep you updated.  I pray everyone here finds something that works for you, no one deserves the hell these HA's bring to our lives.
IP Logged
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: [color=Blue][/color]Update for Mushrooms Treat
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 9:00pm »

Karne - I am very happy to hear your daughter found something that worked for her. As I understood pinksharkmark and others, redosing at periodic intervals should keep her PF.
Good luck  
domm
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 9:04pm »

I am so happy your daughter is finally finding some relief.  I am chronic also and have a similar story.  Shrooms helped me for a while then they stopped working.  I hope they continue to work for her.  Pinky and Flash have done marvelous work here for us.  They definetly deserve some praise and thanks.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 1:52am »

Kareno,

Excellent and very positive news ;D Cool Cheesy.

Please keep us posted.  I wouldn't hesitate to dose again if you have another flare up.

Peace,

-R
IP Logged
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 1:26pm »

That's excellent news indeed!  

I'm so glad to hear they worked, but as you are aware, chronics need to dose more often than episodics do. It's great to hear that she is pain free for ten days, but I strongly recommend keeping a decent supply on hand ALWAYS, because especially in the beginning stages of this therapy most chronics need to dose on a fairly regular basis -- a representative pattern for a chronic might be every week at first, then every two weeks, then every month, then every two to four months. This is not ALWAYS the case -- Henk for example was chronic for 6 years, but his last dose of mushrooms was just under a year ago. As far as I know, Henk is the chronic with the best track record, though -- most seem to get  just 3 months (plus or minus a month) between maintenance doses once the initial dosing period has done its work.

I would like to point out once again that all I do is to keep promoting what Flash brought to our attention in the first place. If there had been no posts from Flash, there would have been no posts from pinksharkmark. I just happen to have more time on my hands these days than he does, so you'll see my name more often than you'll see his.  

Pass on my regards to your daughter and thank you SO much for your update. Please keep us informed of her progress, good or bad. EVERY report is important to us. Since there is no "official" research on this therapy, we rely on reports like yours to increase our knowledge.

pinky  

IP Logged
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #5 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 2:27pm »

Thank you Kareno for posting this good news!
There is always hope!
May your daughter's PFDAN continue for ever.
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 5:29pm »

Hello

Glad she's getting some relief!!  Hope it continues.  
You are a good mom.. not many moms would go to that length to help.. you are a good woman!
Take care!!

Tina Kiss
IP Logged
kareno
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 5:38pm »

Thanks for your replys.  I am sorry to say my daughter did have a HA this morning but it only lasted 1hr 20 min. compared to the 2 hrs. ones.  It also only reached a 7.  She was good the rest of the day, I will see what the morning brings.  She Has dosed 4 times now with the mushrooms, if they continue she will do it again although she told me she really does not like doing it, but it is still better than:  800 mg. topamax (can you believe she was on such a high does and still getting hit) Verapamil, paxil, steroids, methodone, morphine, stadol, oxycodin, DHE (was really bad, went blind for a day after leaving the hospital), actiq(fentanyl) migranal, sansert,, lithium, you name it, she took it.  In the hospital 5 times, emergency rooms many more.  Most of the doctors knew nothing, so aggravating.  Thanks again for responding, this site has been a life saver for both of us.  Just to know there are others who know what we are going through.  I still look back on the last 2 yrs and can't believe this has happened.  May you all have pain free days, and nights.  THANKS AGAIN.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss