Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 6:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone been given Indomethacin? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone been given Indomethacin?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone been given Indomethacin?  (Read 297 times)
b.bop
New Board Newbie

*blergle*

Email

Anyone been given Indomethacin?
« on: Jan 21st, 2003, 6:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone, has anyone been had indomethacin capsules for their CH's? If so, were they any help and how long did they take to make a difference?  Roll Eyes Hope you all have a brilliant day Wink
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: Anyone been given Indomethacin?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21st, 2003, 7:42pm »

This medicine is also called Indocin.  It is the only medicine that will treat CPH.  Taking this medicine is how a dr can diagnose and treat a person with CPH.  I tried it at 50mg 3x/day and it worked.  Within 2 days I was ha free.  This lasted for 5 months and then it quit working.  There are many people that have tried this medicine.  Do a search and you should find several posts referencing its use.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
b.bop
New Board Newbie

*blergle*

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 21st, 2003, 9:40pm »

Thanks Karla  Smiley Sorry, I'm quite new to this, what does CPH stand for?
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21st, 2003, 9:54pm »

This is from the "medical info." tab on the left under indomethacin link.

Chronic paroxysmal hemicrania is subgroup of the chronic form of cluster headache, is highly responsive to indomethacin.  It is characterized by 15 or more focal attacks of head pain daily, each lasting for about 15 minutes.  Mathew (1981) identified a transitional group of patients with the chronic form of cluster headache, who had attacks of headache of sudden onset, lasting 20 minutes, and occurring five times daily; four such patients were treated with indomethacin at 150 mg daily, with a crossover period to placebo, and clearly benefited.  Similarly, Kudrow et al (1987) described six indomethacin-responsive patients with a cyclic form of paroxysmal hemicrania.

IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
bRathbone
New Board Newbie

« Reply #4 on: Jan 22nd, 2003, 1:50am »

I'm on it right now. It's like a super-aspirin, but with some special headache fighting properties. It can be rough on the stomach, so take with food.

It doesn't prevent headaches or break the cluster cycle for me, but it does cut the pain from the weaker headaches. It's definitely not strong enough to stop the big ones.
IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 22nd, 2003, 7:05pm »

Good Luck BR,
 I took it several years ago and I am afraid I must add it to my long list of failed preventives. I also remember pretty bad stomach trouble with it, but hell, Jello gives me heartburn anymore. I hope you find relief,
PFDAN's
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss