Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 3:17am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Lithium Miracle »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Lithium Miracle
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Lithium Miracle  (Read 380 times)
stoneystone

Email

Lithium Miracle
« on: Jan 31st, 2003, 4:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I've been an episodic clusterhead for over 20 years.  I had some relief with Prednisone but the side effects were terrible and it eventually quit working.  Topomax helped for a bit but I felt drugged and terrible.  Imitrex is great in a pinch but it doesn't solve the problem.  6 months ago I went on 900mg of Lithium and I feel like a freakin champion.  Not one headache.  That hasn't happened to me ever.  I can even drink a beer now and again.  I've gained 20 pounds and my memory isn't as sharp but I feel like a real human and it doesn't feel like I'm on medication.  
For those of you out there that are concerned about the "dangers" of taking Lithium or the fact that it's used for people with Bi-Polar disorder, if you haven't tried it give it a shot.  I've gotten my blood levels checked a few times and that's it.  Mentally I think it may have even helpded my low level depression that many of us have.  Please contact me with any questions.  Best of luck.
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Lithium Miracle
« Reply #1 on: Feb 5th, 2003, 7:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Now that you have broken the cycle you may want to work with the doc to reduce the dose a bit and see if that clears up you fog without losing effectiveness.

Please do keep up with the blood work. I've seen toxicity appear after using Lithium for several months and regular tests are a must!
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
jonny

Email

Re: Lithium Miracle
« Reply #2 on: Feb 7th, 2003, 7:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Feb 5th, 2003, 7:38am, Bob_Johnson wrote:
Now that you have broken the cycle you may want to work with the doc to reduce the dose a bit and see if that clears up you fog without losing effectiveness.

Please do keep up with the blood work. I've seen toxicity appear after using Lithium for several months and regular tests are a must!

Stoney Dude,

Listen to what Bob says, I have been taking Lithuim EVERYDAY for over 12 years. you need to have a blood test if you are taking it everyday for more than six months!!!!!!!

I agree with what you say about Lithium, Im chronic and it keeps 80% of CH from ever showing up and I get blood work done every six months.

I have no sideffects due to Lithium to speak of.

Good luck and make sure you get that blood work done........going toxic on Lithium is worse than CH.

..................................jonny
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss