Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 7:38am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Imitrex vials »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Imitrex vials
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Imitrex vials  (Read 364 times)
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Imitrex vials
« on: Feb 8th, 2003, 6:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I know I read somewhere on the board that imitrex vials weren't avaiable...or, that someone was having trouble getting them.  I filled a boat load of prescriptions today....nasal sprays, maxalt, injections, cafergot, etc.....   First time my local pharmacist had seen me since the neuro visit....he made me leave my truck in the drive-through lane and come in and talk to him....heheheeh, I think I scared him  Grin.  

The point being...he just offered me the vials instead of the stat pen.  Wanted to know which I'd prefer...   So, they are out there, and available if anyone wants them.  Couldn't get the diabetic syringes though.

PFDAN

Tracey    Grin
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
Lenny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Imitrex vials
« Reply #1 on: Feb 9th, 2003, 12:27am »

Why could you not get the syringes? Was it b/c your phar. did not have in stock? If thats the case,why in the fuck is he giving you the viales? BTW,you can get 3 shots out of each viale ( 2 mg. works just aswell as 6 mg.). Those syringes are as common for a pharmacey to stock as 7- 11 stock of big gulps. If you need some let me know ( i have plenty ) and will send them your way.
IP Logged

yes a newbie,unfortunately not to the beast!!!Chronic - Clusterhead
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 9th, 2003, 1:16am »

Nope...he had plenty of the syringes, but he said they were marked in units, not mg, so they wouldn't work.  Like the dumb f*&% thought I couldn't figure it out.  But, I have since decided that it makes no difference what size the needle is....I'd be willing to use one of our horse syringes....long as the liquid gold gets in my system  Grin.

I was using DJ's imitex tip with the stat pen, but this is so much easier, especially when you wait a little long to get to the shot.
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 9th, 2003, 4:32am »

IP Logged

Click The Flag
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 9th, 2003, 12:01pm »

LMAO

Mark...you are too cool!
IP Logged

Lenny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10th, 2003, 9:44am »

Roxy,
 I never saw a diabetic syringe in mg.( I'm not sure if they make them )i have been using the brand - AccuSure 1/2 cc  5/16 gauge( love it Cheesy ).All you have to do is empty all the contents into your syringe and divide it by a third or a half whatever you prefer( this way you will know in the future where the mark is.After you do that,you can empty the imitrex back in the viale( dont worry they dont leak). What i do is for a 1/3 of a shot(2 mg. ) i measure with the front part of the plunger to 20( 20 units ) and then i let that magic enter and wait for the beast to leave ;D Cheesy ;D. Good luck and hopefully many PFDAN comming your way.
IP Logged

yes a newbie,unfortunately not to the beast!!!Chronic - Clusterhead
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 10th, 2003, 11:17am »

Yep, Lenny...that's what I told the pharmacist.  I told him I could just divide the stuff...and, he just smiled and acted like that would be way too difficult for me.  Tried to tell him I could add, divide, stuff like that...he just kinda mentally patted me on the head, and said he'd see me next month.  Stupid little ^&*%(*&
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 10th, 2003, 1:33pm »

Strange though...last time I refilled my vials script the pharmacist had to put a script on the syringes too...don't know why.
Are the insulin syringes not over the counter anymore?
hmmmm
I go to the 20 units too...which equals .2cc....which equals 2mg of imitrex Smiley
Werks fer me
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss