Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:52am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What is the best species of psilocybes? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   What is the best species of psilocybes?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What is the best species of psilocybes?  (Read 437 times)
MidnightObsidian
New Board Newbie

132603399 132603399   Midnight_Obsidian   MidnightObsidian
WWW Email

What is the best species of psilocybes?
« on: Feb 11th, 2003, 9:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

There are quite a few out there, and I was wondering if anyone had more success with one species than another.  I know that the active ingredient is the same in all of them, but I've read that some have a higher psilocybin content and/or a higher psilocybin to psilocilin ratio.  Also, which are best for beginners?  I'd really appreciate any reccomendations.
IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

Re: What is the best species of psilocybes?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12th, 2003, 1:26am »

Last I heard there were about 186 to choose from.
A table of comparative strengths can be found at:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_info4.shtml

I had (and heard) the easiest to grow among the most readily available are the B+ and Equadorians.  

I think the biggest difference you will find is not in the strain but in the growing methods, drying methods, storage, age and then the set and setting. When you grow your own you will control the strengths of the shrooms much more than the strain you use.

IMHO,
BobW
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12th, 2003, 6:08pm »

Hi Midnight.  I'm also assuming you mean strain, not species.  If you mean species, then Psilocybe cubensis is probably the easiest to cultivate and the most prevalent.  Concerning strains... there are many of them.  Equadors are a favored reliable strain.  There is lots of disagreement about which strains are more potent (and many don't believe that there is a noticeable difference in potency between strains).
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19th, 2003, 5:50am »

The most commonly cultivated (by far) species is Psilocybe cubensis. There are at least thirty different varieties, or "strains" of P. cubensis commercially available.

While all strains of P. cubensis are easy to grow, there are certain strains that have been cultivated indoors for many more generations than others, and are therefore more "domesticated". This makes them especially well-suited to first time growers. If I had to choose a single strain to recommend, it would be "Ecuador", but the "B+" and "PF Classic" strain are also pretty foolproof.  

There are other species of psilocybes which can be cultivated indoors, some of which are more potent on a gram per gram basis than P. cubensis, but I can assure you none of them are suitable for a first time cultivator. As for the higher potency of these species, it makes no difference to a clusterhead -- it is just as easy to drink a cup of tea made from 2.5 dry grams of P.cubensis as it is to drink a cup made from 1.3 dry grams of Panaeolus tropicalis.

pinky
IP Logged
gtar_man
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 19th, 2003, 4:25pm »

My only crop was "koh samui" so I have nothing to compare it with, but it must be pretty strong because I get a level 2 experience with only 1g. 2g was almost more than I could handle, and I see where some are doing 3, 4 and more g's. That much of this stuff would put an elephant in orbit.
If I was a first-timer I'd take Pinky's advice on the strain and start out small and work your way up.
IP Logged

I'm not a damn newbie! I just changed ISP's!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss