Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 3:33am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Infusion therapy »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Infusion therapy
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Infusion therapy  (Read 256 times)
Missa
New Board Newbie

Email

Infusion therapy
« on: Feb 13th, 2003, 2:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

???I haven't visited this site for about 9 mos., looks great.  I have been suffering from chronic ch's for over 2 years.  My neurologist has tried everything, with little luck.  I use Stadol ns for pain, which is usually fairly effective.  I have been trying to get into the Michigan Head Pain & Neurological Institute with no luck as I am covered by Missouri Medicaid.  I talked to someone there last week, and he mentioned a new treatment that I may qualify for called "infusion therapy", he said it was a 3 day treatment that they do in the clinic.  Has anyone heard of this?  What is it?  Any success?
I also read someone mentioning Torodol shots, which I am not familiar with, what is this?
Thanks!
Missa
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: Infusion therapy
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13th, 2003, 11:12pm »

Torodol is an antiinflamitory like ibuprofin or motrin.  I find that it by itself will not abort a cluster for me.  However, when I receive a shot of demerol that only knocks down the pain a couple of notches but when given toradol after the demerol It will lower it considerably.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
ami
New Board Newbie

ami manning

ami1inc   amilmanning
WWW Email

Re: Infusion therapy
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14th, 2003, 9:10am »

I had infusion therapy. But mine was in a hospital and it only took one day. It was a series of three iv medications back to back -- I had a horrible reaction to this. I had a full-on seizure right there with my boyfriend watching -- wet my pants, soaked my clothing, everything -- it was horrifying. I felt a little better over the next few days -- but it came right back. Just my humble opinion -- but I thought it was horrible. My insurance did cover it however. Even though it's questionable. I had Blue Cross at the time. My body felt like I had been whipped, beaten and bruised from this therapy. I guess it's your personal choice. Just wanted to give you some insight. I've also toradol shots -- they're harmless and don't help much -- but take the edge off a "little" -- at least for me.
IP Logged

ami manning
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss