Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:01am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « imitrex nasal »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   imitrex nasal
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: imitrex nasal  (Read 452 times)
Nathan
New Board Veteran
USA 

mufon member looking for serious ufo/alien stories

ufo_guy1  
Email

imitrex nasal
« on: Feb 16th, 2003, 4:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

???
well here it is 3:35 am and i have once again got the beast to rest, only this time im using a different weapon,imetrix nasal spray. This is my first time with this drug so can anyone help me out with a couple facts? For one, is there any way to get rid of this god- awful taste in the back of your throat?? it taste like i just did a few (quite a few actually) lines of coke was denied the enjoyment!! second, is it normal for your throat to feel like its closing up? i actually took the spray at around 1 am, fell asleep about 1:20 after the pain subsided and then woke up again at 3 am having a hard time swallowing. I normally use o2 to treat my cronic chs but it hasnt been doing the trick like normal lately so my doc wanted to try this. am i to expect the same effects every time? if so, i think ill stick with the o2. The spray did get rid of the chs though, for those of you that have never used it and are looking for an alternative, its worth a shot. rest well people! ---Nathan
IP Logged

field investigator for mufon(mutiual ufo network) looking for serious people only to share their stories with me. total anominity promised. chs and alien abduction may be related.
cbolony
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: imitrex nasal
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16th, 2003, 9:56am »

Quote:
it taste like i just did a few (quite a few actually) lines of coke was denied the enjoyment!!

I hear you the drip
I only use the spray when i run out of the imitrex injections.Ihate that spray get some injection and use the imitrex tip you like it a lot better
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 16th, 2003, 10:11am »

You are likely snorting in too hard. Try a more gentle sniff; want the meds to stop in your nose and not be pulled so far up that it gets to your throat.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Nathan
New Board Veteran
USA 

ufo_guy1  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 16th, 2003, 11:49am »

just one problem with the injection... im scared to death of needles! my wife says she will inject me but at 3 am its not really convient to wake her, wait for her to wake up enough fully to administer AND deal with the pain all at the same time. i will try sniffing softer however, i read the box right after i read the message board and it says right on there in bold type "do not inhale deeply!" lol! i guess some people (me) need to be hit in the head to learn!
IP Logged

field investigator for mufon(mutiual ufo network) looking for serious people only to share their stories with me. total anominity promised. chs and alien abduction may be related.
Ueli

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 16th, 2003, 12:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Imitrex can do its desired job only if it is transported to the site in the head by the blood.
The fasted way is by injection. The drug reaches the blood system almost immediately.
The slowest are the pills. Dissolving them in the stomach and the absorbing it can take up to half an hour, too slow to abort a cluster attack.
A third way to bring imitrex into the blood stream is through the mucous membranes in the nose. This is almost as fast as the injections if you do it correctly: As Bob said, snort only enough to prevent it from dripping out again, but not so hard that it reaches your throat. If you swallow the stuff you not only get its bad taste, but the path through the stomach is much slower and the dose is much too small (20 mg in the spray, 50 mg in the pills).
BTW, the nasal membranes are only the gate to the blood stream, so it doesn't matter if you use the cluster side or the other; use the one more open.

PFNADs
Ueli
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 16th, 2003, 12:29pm »

Dont take this the wrong way, Nathan......But if my wife was willing to get her beauty sleep rather than help me take my pain away that bitch would be kicked to the curb faster than an Imitrex shot works.

But thats just me and my way of thinking.

.............................jonny
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 16th, 2003, 1:03pm »

I usually keep a bag of small bites of chocolate on hand.  Then eat a bit or two to get rid of the nasty taste or drink a coke.  Either one works.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Nathan
New Board Veteran
USA 

ufo_guy1  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 16th, 2003, 1:06pm »

Cheesy LOL @ johnny i couldnt agree more. i thank god shes willing to do this, its my choice not to wake her, i just feel i could get the job done faster myself and i want the pain gone asap. my o2 works pretty good at night, the only problem is i tend to pass out from the pain as it starts to ease up and still have the mask on! im told it wont hurt me, but it can get pretty expensive.
IP Logged

Nathan
New Board Veteran
USA 

ufo_guy1  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 16th, 2003, 1:10pm »

ill keep that in mind karla, thanks! that taste was pretty gross, not a very good first experience with the spray!
IP Logged

jonny

Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 16th, 2003, 2:04pm »

Nathan bro,
You need to get over the needle thing......I guess thats easy for me to say seeing that my arms are tattooed from the wrist to the shoulders.

Needle is not a biggy, bro.....just stick it in and its over.

Wishing you PF, bro

......................................jonny
IP Logged
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 16th, 2003, 3:02pm »

Nathan,

I started out like you....didn't like needles.

Now that needle feels so gooooooood going in..... ;D

Good luck,
Tracey
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
RicoVon

Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 16th, 2003, 4:57pm »

I hate giving myself a shot.... sometimes trying to get the pen set up is a feat in itself when I'm in a full blown cluster. The nasal spray usually works for me and is easy to use....just takes 5 mins longer which can seem like an eternity. Sniff softer is good, but you'll still taste it ... chocolate is a good idea, except choco is a trigger for me. My throat does close up, and it gets hard to swallow... I guess I never thought about it because I'm just happy to lose the pain. I'll keep track of some things I try and let you know.
IP Logged
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 16th, 2003, 11:50pm »

Just put that thing against your thigh, look the other way and CLICK!
Relief is soon to follow...it's just a  shot away.  Cool
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 17th, 2003, 3:17pm »

Just a little tip here

The shots works 4 times faster then spray and 6-8 times faster then the tbs

just love the shots

Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #14 on: Feb 19th, 2003, 8:29am »

Don't be a chicken!  Wink

The injections are the best thing. I can do them in the dark now. Sit up on the edge of the bed, grab the auto injector, press into the cartridge to load it and then a quick stab in the thigh and back into bed. 10 mins later I am back to sleep pain free.

John
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss