Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 3:45am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hypnotism »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hypnotism
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hypnotism  (Read 402 times)
terrylch
New Board Newbie

Hypnotism
« on: Feb 17th, 2003, 11:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone tried hypnotism??   I am a believer in this form of treatment for many things.  I do not believe everyone is hypnotizable though.  I am one of those who it does not work on, but I do believe it works for anyone who can be hypnotized.   There are also many hypnotists who do not know what they are doing.  One would need to find one that wasn't a quack.
    Just wondering,   terry
IP Logged

terry
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

Re: Hypnotism
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18th, 2003, 3:08pm »

I'm glad you mentioned that terrych! I have wondered about hypnotism myself; of course, one would have to find a genuine practitioner and that ain't easy down here. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has tried hypnotism too.
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Ueli

Email

Re: Hypnotism
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18th, 2003, 6:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hypnosis has gotten a somehow bad reputation for its entertainment 'value' in shows.  

Its use for pain management is more for continuos, but low level (compared to CH) pain. It has also be used against predictable pain, instead of narcotics for surgery. I don't think it's useful for clusters, a prophylactic treatment can't bring anything, and who has a hypnotist handy 15 minutes before an attack starts?

A short synopsis of hypnosis, with many links, you'll find at:
http://skepdic.com/hypnosis.html

PFNADs
Ueli
IP Logged
terrylch
New Board Newbie

Re: Hypnotism link
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18th, 2003, 7:13pm »

Ueli,
    I read the info on the link you posted.  I believe it is very misleading and written by someone who is trying to downgrade hypnotism.  I have witnessed hypnotism, participated in it, and have read about 20 books on the subject.  It has been medically proven for cildbirth, teeth extraction and many other uses.  I personally believe your own mind and body can cure almost any ailment you might have.  I also believe this can be achieved through the use of hypnotism.  I wish I could be hypnotised, but I have not been able to do so in the past.  thank you for the reply.  terry
IP Logged

terry
terrylch
New Board Newbie

Re: a more truthful  link
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21st, 2003, 7:20am »

Ueli,
     I found a more realistic link to hypnotism than the one you posted.  Here it is for anyone interested.  

http://www.kevinhogan.com/PainRelief.htm

It is about the dangers of curing the pain without curing the cause of the pain.  
     terry
IP Logged

terry
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss