Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 8:53am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « it works for me! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   it works for me!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: it works for me!  (Read 306 times)
apgorgone
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

it works for me!
« on: Feb 26th, 2003, 12:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i've been dealing with these things for about 5 years now, when people ask me what a cluster headache is i can only describe it as having a brain freeze (drinking a cold shake) that lasts for about 2 hours.  i got a tip from a doctor that isn't a recommended solution but i works for me.  when i feel one of theses basterds starting i take a strip of towel, and wrap it as tight as i can around my head, so that it cuts off the flow of blood, and i keep it there till the top of my head goes numb from the towel up, it takes about ten min. then take the towel off and the pain is gone.  you may not think this is the best solution but when you get this pain you will try anything to get rid of it.

IP Logged
ave

Email

Re: it works for me!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26th, 2003, 2:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello gorgon, welcome to this board and sorry you have to be here.

But I do wonder. Does this doctor give you nothing else but advice about a towel?
That rates with some of the home remedies that some of us have tried when no medication was forthcoming.

Do check out this site, the possible medication, the oxygen. Check the Ouch site (button on the left of this page) to find docs with maybe a little more knowledge.  

Cluster pain may disappear by itself after 20-40-50 minutes. And come back again after 2 hrs. Educate yourself, so you'll be able to help yourself more.

Good luck

IP Logged
Ueli

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 26th, 2003, 2:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Wrapping a towel around your head does mess with the blood supply in your scalp; but clusters are associate with vessels inside the skull. So I doubt that your method can bring relieve to many clusterheads.

And a word of warning:
On this message board are quite a few people out to kill any "towel head" ;D
IP Logged
cbolony
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 26th, 2003, 4:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Quote:
And a word of warning:  
On this message board are quite a few people out to kill any "towel head"

Ueli were do you come up with these quots ROTFLMAO ;D ;D ;D ;D
By the way you are right about the blood lasting 56 days i said it will only last 30-40 days.Gave blood today and ask that question.You are always right ueli Smiley Smiley Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss